If RB drafting trend continues, could Rams make a play for Bijan Robinson?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I thought that the trend in the NFL was NOT to select RBs high in the draft (and especially in the first round).
Are y'all thinking that that is changing?

~ArkyRamsFan~

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I thought that the trend in the NFL was NOT to select RBs high in the draft (and especially in the first round).

~ArkyRamsFan~

Robinson and Gibbs aren't just running backs, though. @Memphis Ram described Gibbs as a weapon, and Robinson is in that same class, albeit even better than Gibbs is. My comparison for Robinson is Todd Gurley with healthy knees. My comparison for Gibbs? Jamaal Charles.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

~ArkyRamsFan~
I think Day 2 has become the “sweet spot” for RBs (6 went last year in Rounds 2/3), but Robinson and Gibbs are likely be exceptions to that trend.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I'm not so sure. Gibbs weighing in at under 200 lbs to me means he's likely not going to go in the first. I could certainly be wrong as the guy is simply a offensive weapon. But, at that size, he's not likely to be a workhorse or every down back. Bijan is a lock for the first round IMO.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Devon Achane is who I think they're going to take if they do take a running back in the second round. I'd hate the move as much as I hated the Atwell move, but it's what I think they'll do. Personally, I want Sean Tucker. He's bigger than Achane, and I think he's a better running back.

Robinson and Gibbs don't seem like options anymore, unless we have a first round pick, like you said.
I cannot put into words how outraged I'd be if that turns out to be the case. He's not even my #3 back. Charbonnet is going to be a much better pro IMO, and I'd be pissed if we took him at #36. I've come to terms with Gibbs at #36 because I think its highly likely if he's there. Difference is, the dude can line up at WR in addition to being a homerun threat every time he runs the ball.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
If Gibbs is there at 36, I’d be SHOCKED if we passed. His acceleration reminds me of Gurley and he’s got WR hands.

I really like Akers, but Gibbs reminds me of a faster, not criminal version Alvin Kamara and for McVay, he fixes a lot of issues on offense