If Rams pull a surprise pick, who will it be?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

V3

Hall of Fame
Didn't want to hijack the other thread.

If the Rams take someone that no one is mocking to them, who will it be? No Parkers, Scherffs, Peats, etc. Someone that is rarely ever mentioned to the Rams at 10.

I'm going with Gurley. Not sure how I'd feel about it but I think Fisher falls in love with RB's very easily.

paceram

Pro Bowler
I am not sure anything Jeff Fisher does would surprise me! And, I don't mean that in a negative way!

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
Mine would be a play for Mariota. He'd probably have to slide to at least the 4th pick with Oakland or 5th with Washington (ironic if that was the case). Question would be, how much would it cost to move? If it were the 10th this year, a 1st next year, maybe a 3rd or 4th this year, I'd think about it. My thought is the Rams next year #1 would be at 20 or later, so would mitigate the pain somewhat.

I'm sold on Mariota, I think he's better than Winston and will adapt well and quickly to the NFL. Franchise QB's are about the hardest things to find in all of sport. Half the league is looking to upgrade their QB, I'd jump given the chance.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
At 10? That would be ballsy.

If they are going OL at 10, then I think the guy is at least in the conversation ... And frankly, I think he fits the Rams fairly well.

We think of value - but when we say that - what we are really saying is that most mock drafts have him going later so its a reach - as if consensus mock drafts have a ton of accuracy. Sometimes, the media just isn't up to speed.

But, yeah, it is the kind of pick that would crash most Rams boards.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cam Erving. He's been tied to the Rams, but not at 10.

I just think he's the pick. They'll try like heck to trade down, but take him at 10 if they can't.

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
Someone nobody has mentioned...............

Danny Shelton DT - Rams would then have four first round picks at DT.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If Weinke believes...I see trader Les going to get Marriota.....Maybe Kevin White...
And I could see Fisher begging for Gurley.....
or a DE like Gregory or Bud Dupree...

V3

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Weinke believes...I see trader Les going to get Marriota.....Maybe Kevin White...
And I could see Fisher begging for Gurley.....
or a DE like Gregory or Bud Dupree...
Lol. Anyone else? :LOL:

All viable selections, though.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
RB "Flash" Gordon. Couldn't see the Rams going RB so that's why it has to be RB for ultimate surprise and I don't like Gurley's injury.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I was thinking they stay at 10 and take Peat... Then if Gordon falls far enough, they trade back up into the 1st to take Gordon.

Gordon would be my surprise pick. Maybe they package Stacy, but probably not.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Should have known they would go BPA despite a medical. It isn't like they gave up on SJ and Amendola because of injury, or Sam and Jake because of a torn ACL. Oh wait! They did.