If Marshall Faulk were in charge....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Thank god we didn't go T-Rich or Claiborne, hoping Barron can live up to the hype in a new environment

I know Fisher liked Trent. Many draftniks over at RealRams were crazy about him too. I am always Leary of players that were on completely dominant units in college. Alabama puts out highly touted players that don't compare to expectations quite often. When surrounded by overall superior athletes in college it sure can make players look great. This was the case with Pete's USC teams too. Their QBs and WRs aren't NFL stars. Some of the LBers were good, especially Matthews but Cushing suffers from injury, (probably from years of steroid use), and Maualuga is not a standout. All 3 on one college team = dominance.

I am sure it makes it tough to figure out which of the players on the team are the true standouts.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm interested to see how Barron fits - seems like he is a thumper

Remember that Fisher and Williams have been together in the past and probably have similar likes in players. Fisher liked Barron so I am guessing he has a specific role/purpose for him. He will fit.

Even though the Rams turned over the roster to fit their defensive scheme, some guys don't pan out. I bet they hoped that Ogletrees play matched his athleticism but he still struggles with being blocked and tackling. They have seen Barron in the NFL so they must like him better than some other starter currently on the team.