If healthy Gurley is the best player in the draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quite possibly. And I'm not totally against the gamble. But the fact is - he's not healthy, and the Rams' last season showed a deplorable lack of foresight/horrendous bad luck in dealing with two ACL rehabs. Have they learned their lesson? Or are they going with the best case scenario, and rushing Gurley back?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not worried about his knee.
Frank Gore had two ACL's in college, is still playing, and is almost 50.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Quite possibly. And I'm not totally against the gamble. But the fact is - he's not healthy, and the Rams' last season showed a deplorable lack of foresight/horrendous bad luck in dealing with two ACL rehabs. Have they learned their lesson? Or are they going with the best case scenario, and rushing Gurley back?

Listening to the post 1st round interview, they don't plan to rush him at all.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

They already have back up plans if they haven't. .

mason, Cunningham and Stacy.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand frustration when an expected pick doesn't happen...but guys, this IS a transcendent pick. He should easily be the best Rams RB since Marshall Faulk. He can run like the dickens, and he can catch the ball...This guy is a workhorse..he is described as the best RB in the Draft since Adrian Peterson....Foles wants some Olinemen (as do we all), but this will take the pressure off so that he doesn't feel he has to win the game by himself....I am so PUMPED!:party:

Athos

Legend
Gurley makes me happy. I was prepared to be super bummed and I'm not.

People are gonna be changing their tunes real fast when this kid finally suits up and sees teh field. He's gonna be a fun one to watch for a long time.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just glad we didn't force a need pick like Peat. The best two players were Gurley and Cooper. Build the line.

Speedr@m

Rookie
Listening to the post 1st round interview, they don't plan to rush him at all.

Well is a team that finished 6-10 really in position to play let's wait and see with a player they drafted at 10 on the 1st round? Fisher coaches this team like its a perennial playoff team. Not a team that is urgent to win.

Last edited:

LazyWinker

Pro Bowler
Name
Paul
If I had to guess there are more than a few guys that haven't seen Gurley play. He's not at all bad... In fact he's pretty good and plays with attitude.

Speedr@m

Rookie

People are gonna be changing their tunes real fast when this kid finally suits up and sees teh field. He's gonna be a fun one to watch for a long time.
That's fine "show me". I would love to sing a different tune.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

Yeah man - honestly, I thought I was going to be a bit bummed by the Gurley pick but I'm just not. To be honest, I wasn't all that excited about any one pick. This maybe more than others was about the entire draft and maybe a couple free agents for me. In thinking about it, if Gurley heals up like a young player should, this could end up being a fantastic pick.

FRO

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well is a team that finished 6-10 really in position to play let's wait and see with a player that drafted at 10 on the 1st round? Fisher coaches this team like its a perennial playoff team. Not a team that is urgent yo win.
It's rare to get a guy that steps in day one even if they are healthy. How long did it take Donald to contribute? You can't count on rookies to perform week on regardless.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I remember, and haven't really seen since Faulk...and maybe Eric Dickerson...was the ability to pound the ball late in games...To totally rip the heart out of the opponent by pounding the ball...I remember when we could tell the opposing defense "We're gonna run the ball every down, and theres nothing you can do about it, but take it.." Now we need some Olinemen now...I thinkin signing Barksdale is a must now...

Speedr@m

Rookie
What I remember, and haven't really seen since Faulk...and maybe Eric Dickerson...was the ability to pound the ball late in games...To totally rip the heart out of the opponent by pounding the ball...I remember when we could tell the opposing defense "We're gonna run the ball every down, and theres nothing you can do about it, but take it.." Now we need some Olinemen now...I thinkin signing Barksdale is a must now...
Yeah I can agree with that. I would love the Rams to be able to dictate with their run game. ....they just have too many of them

Speedr@m

Rookie
It's rare to get a guy that steps in day one even if they are healthy. How long did it take Donald to contribute? You can't count on rookies to perform week on regardless.
Huh? When you pick at 10 you are drafting for that player to start day one. Trust me

Athos

Legend

Not only that, but running it down a team's throat for 10, 15, 20 yards a clip. Totally sucks the wind out of a team.

We DO NOT have that back imo. Our bowling balls aren't made for it.