If Goff is out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
With Fisher gone, that changes Mannion's status. Not now... He's still as lost on this roster as Jimmy Hoffa and Amelia Earhardt. But once the new HC comes in, we don't know how he'll view Keenum, Mannion or even if any QB besides Goff will be on the team next year.

At the very least, the new guy will want to evaluate the roster (coaches always find favorites that need to go and ignored guys who should have been playing or at least elevated).

So until we know who the new HC is, I won't have much idea about what's likely to happen with Mannion.

That said, unless Keenum is injured before Goff can return and they have no other choice, they will not play Mannion. I said it before the season and I stick to my take. They won't value "taking a look".

Why is a much longer post... But it is what it is.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff won't be out. Dude was pi$$ed about it, shaking his head during the whole thing. He's gonna be fine, kid is tough as nails man I'm tellin you guys.

oldrammer

UDFA
Name
Wakie
I'd really like to see Mannion. I don't expect much, but I just want to see if the rest of the players on O do the same dumb mistakes when he's in there as with Keenum and Goff. He was also able to move the ball in every game in preseason. I know he's playing against 3 and 4s there, but that's what he was working with too. He looked bad his rookie year and looks like he might be better back up material than Keenum to me. I'd let him play this next week if Goff can't go.
I agree with you 46. Mannion caught my eye in the preseason. Yes, he was playing against the 3's but, he throws a real tight accurate pass. I really don't think he has gotten a chance to show what he can do. I will say that having not seen to much of him, I personaly think he has more upside than Kennum. For some reason, I don't think Fisher liked him. Most likely he was a Snead choice. Lets give the guy a chance. Stranger things have happened.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What if the new coach values competition and Mannion outplays Goff what happens then..

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then Mannion's the starter.
You would hope that whoever wins a so called competition would start but I just believe this front office wouldn't want to admit to something like that

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
There is absolutely no reason to trot Keenum out there, IMO. I don't care if Mannion was "Fishers #3". Why not allow the kid to get some full speed game reps?? Shouldn't the Rams be in full evaluation mode at this point?

…..

Legend
From the Penn State shower room I lather up....when the suds wash away I look to my left and see Sandusky peering my direction while holding a teddy bear and a snow cone. To my right....the Rams game about to start in Paterno's office.

Decisions decisions....

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
There's no legitimate football reason to play or dress Case if the other 2 QB's are healthy. His sponsor has already left the building and he will have other opportunities to md oove to another team in FA.
Nows the time to give Manion some real snaps to see if he can really play against the oppositions starters.

The organizational disconnect is still in place.

…..

Legend
How did Goff get a concussion by Sherman hitting him on the elbow?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Goff was never concussed. He is in protocol, which means he was being evaluated. Since Have and Grob were doing their best turnstile impressions, Bones pulled him.

You can generally tell when someone's eyes are glossy/glassy and they stumble getting up. Watch what happened when Bennett got lit up vs Goff. Sad that they're not calling Bennett a concussion, but a sore neck after the game. Dude clearly didn't know where he was and couldn't focus. Goff took a pounding and wanted to go back in as he was looking over his shoulder while trotting back to locker room. He'll be sore this week, but not concussed.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Goff will play....

But after seeing Keenum again, I'm praying that Mannion is #2....Need to get ready for next years role...

RAMNATION

Rookie
What if the new coach values competition and Mannion outplays Goff what happens then..
Seattle's Wilson rookie year, the Seachickens had just signed a FA QB for 10 million dollars. I'm no Pete fan, but that decision to go with the rookie instead of the vet (that didn't play poorly) is what separates winners from losers. We have erred at these critical moments repeated at multiple positions for years.