If Goff is out

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
do we get a chance to see Mannion?

I don't want Goff to miss any time but if he does I sure as hell don't want to waste more time with Keenum.

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'd really like to see Mannion. I don't expect much, but I just want to see if the rest of the players on O do the same dumb mistakes when he's in there as with Keenum and Goff. He was also able to move the ball in every game in preseason. I know he's playing against 3 and 4s there, but that's what he was working with too. He looked bad his rookie year and looks like he might be better back up material than Keenum to me. I'd let him play this next week if Goff can't go.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I also want to see Mannion. He will be our #2 QB next year, as Keenum will likely be gone. This season is a bust anyway, might as well see what we have in him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If Goff can't go; I'd consider Mannion.

Only downside to that... if you want to increase his value for an eventual trade, it might be wise to avoid attempting that in this offense.

Reality is; this offense seems to make everyone look bad.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Mannion's the #3.
You may not like it, but that's the reality.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Smdh...

You all never listen...

Mannion isn't playing. He didn't do anything and this is a legacy of the QB neglect of the Fisher regime, but Mannion is so far forgotten that even the reporters won't ask about Mannion.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
They better start Mannion, I don't think Goff will be out because there is more than a week to go through concussion protocol.
I agree 1000%! I don't think Goff should have been pulled to begin with, He seem Fine, and with the speed he walked off the field toward the locker room, I'm surprised he didn't come back in the game!
Mannion is the obvious choice to put in IF Goff can't go though! We can see what we have in him in a real game, and maybe develop some Trade capital in him too!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I agree 1000%! I don't think Goff should have been pulled to begin with, He seem Fine, and with the speed he walked off the field toward the locker room, I'm surprised he didn't come back in the game!
After the incident where Keenum got rocked last year and stayed in the game, the Rams are taking ZERO chances with playing a QB who potentially got concussed. They also have to go through the protocol when a doctor sees evidence of a concussion. Goff didn't bounce right back up after that hit, and he did appear a little wobbly at first. It was the right call, IMO.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
After the incident where Keenum got rocked last year and stayed in the game, the Rams are taking ZERO chances with playing a QB who potentially got concussed. They also have to go through the protocol when a doctor sees evidence of a concussion. Goff didn't bounce right back up after that hit, and he did appear a little wobbly at first. It was the right call, IMO.
I didn't see the Play, I was out getting Beer! I was just going by what I saw on the sidelines and when he walked off the field! Thanks for the input!

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If Goff can't go; I'd consider Mannion.

Only downside to that... if you want to increase his value for an eventual trade, it might be wise to avoid attempting that in this offense.

Reality is; this offense seems to make everyone look bad.
Sad but true.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Unfortunately the #2 will most likely play. So "if" Goff is out, Keenum will start the game but they could decide after that to put in Mannion...Next season Mannion will be bumped into the #2 spot.

Zero

Pro Bowler
do we get a chance to see Mannion?

I don't want Goff to miss any time but if he does I sure as hell don't want to waste more time with Keenum.
Agree Keenum will be gone.If we can't play Goff then we need to get a look at Manny boy.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Y'all know my take by now. I definitely wanna see Mannion play. Goff is too important to this teams future to be behind this offensive line, I know the reps are important but man I'm scared for the guy back there.

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
While id currently bet Keenum would get the start, I think theres a chance a call to start Mannion comes down from the FO. Youre already looking for a new HC, might as well get all the film you can get on the player for any potential candidate

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
This is unfortunately true too. I wanna see my Oregon boy play. Yeah - I'm selfish. So? :D
I'd like it too. But as others have said, I wouldn't expect to see anything great out of him in this offense.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I also think Mannion should play, but he won't unless Keenum gets hurt.

Those asking why Goff didn't come back in the game; you realize he failed the sideline concussion protocol, right? They have a sideline protocol, if you pass you go back in the game, if you fail you go to the locker room. Goff went to the locker room. Maybe he passed that, I don't know but that is the sequence. We don't need our rookie playing meaningless games (or any game for that matter) with a concussion

Last edited: