If football is really won at the LOS

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Last one @jrry32.

No Seattle not shutting out Arizona doesn't mean that their defense wasn't great. They held Arizona to fewer points in both games than the Rams did in that one HOME game.

Julius got hurt after a couple series and didn't return. Demaryius tweeked his ankle during the game and did return.

And I disagree with you on the Giants. Are we done now?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
It isn't our D-line I worry about, it is our ability to stop quick the pass plays used to negate a good D-line's pass rush. For 2014, we were 31st in completion percentage allowed (68.1%); 22nd in QB rating allowed, and 23rd in yards allowed per pass attempt. People complain about the Rams' "dink and dunk" passing offense? Our average pass completion was 6.32 yards from the LOS. Our opponents? Their average pass completion was only 5.86 yards from the LOS. They aren't beating us deep, they're moving the chains with quick short passes which tend to negate our pass rush.

This. SO MUCH this.

The corners are going to be forced to play tight.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
This defense can be amazing IF the offense helps out more in 2015.

We need to sustain drives and score more points (obviously). But if we can also show some teeth with explosive plays, the whole approach the opposing team takes changes. I got to believe last year, if our opponent got up by 10, they felt they had the game pretty much in hand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Last one @jrry32.

No Seattle not shutting out Arizona doesn't mean that their defense wasn't great. They held Arizona to fewer points in both games than the Rams did in that one HOME game.

Julius got hurt after a couple series and didn't return. Demaryius tweeked his ankle during the game and did return.

And I disagree with you on the Giants. Are we done now?

There's nothing in the play by play about him leaving the game that I saw and rotoworld doesn't have any injury down for him in the week after the game. If he did leave the game and return, the injury was nothing (because there was nothing about it in the week after the game) and he missed a few plays at most.

It's not even worth noting.

So what? They played a full game against Lindley and a full game against Stanton. They didn't shut them out. You just told us that if the Rams defense was really that great, they would have shut Arizona out. Are we holding Seattle to a lower standard? If not, they failed to shutout Arizona as well.