Identity Change

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
The riffles have started already. I've checked out an opposing team's forum consistently since Quinn was named the DPOY14. Not even a murmer of recognition was handed to him on the site. But since Williams was named our coordinator, a thread was made almost immediately as well as the whining. The concensus seems to be "the Rams are dirty and they just got dirtier."( Lol... dang straight, pilgrim... you better be scared.)

So after doing some reading up on Williams, on this site, it seems clear what the Rams new identity will be. Just a refresher of what we were, we were very passive in coverage but had a really good DL in general. What I think Williams brings to the table is a ruthless style of defense. It's a smothering "if you can't take the heat" style of defense I beleive this team is geared for. It's the kind of defense we were expecting early and often but were powerfully dissappointed early. But it's the intangibles of this defense that will really seperate it from last year.

Greg Williams is a very aggressive style coach that wants to test the limits on every snap. They say his stamp on his defense is lots of blitzes and players going for the strip and knock out, fumble causing, hit. It's a very emotional style of play and he gets his guys to put it all on the line week after week. Heck, he puts such an emphasis on aggressive play that he had a system set up that bonuses players for injuring the opposition. Now that's just great coaching (if nobody finds out lol.)

We play in a division where blood thirsty defense is of a necessity to succeed. All our rivals play in a similiar manner but I anticipate the Rams to either set, or at a minimum, equal the tone next year. We may not win every game but teams will feel like they got in a fist fight after every game.

Some will say we already had this but the fact is we only partially did. The players on edge/red hot, but the playcalling didn't match the intensity, especially early. We did see improvement later when Fisher took over. Now I think we have the winning formula.

Williams has some ideal players for his system to be very successful and he's a great fit. I'm very excited about him leading the charge and letting Fisher oversee it all like he's suppose to. Greg has the greenlight and I know he's gonna have us ready to go.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The riffles have started already. I've checked out an opposing team's forum consistently since Quinn was named the DPOY14. Not even a murmer of recognition was handed to him on the site. But since Williams was named our coordinator, a thread was made almost immediately as well as the whining. The concensus seems to be "the Rams are dirty and they just got dirtier."( Lol... dang straight, pilgrim... you better be scared.)

So after doing some reading up on Williams, on this site, it seems clear what the Rams new identity will be. Just a refresher of what we were, we were very passive in coverage but had a really good DL in general. What I think Williams brings to the table is a ruthless style of defense. It's a smothering "if you can't take the heat" style of defense I beleive this team is geared for. It's the kind of defense we were expecting early and often but were powerfully dissappointed early. But it's the intangibles of this defense that will really seperate it from last year.

Greg Williams is a very aggressive style coach that wants to test the limits on every snap. They say his stamp on his defense is lots of blitzes and players going for the strip and knock out, fumble causing, hit. It's a very emotional style of play and he gets his guys to put it all on the line week after week. Heck, he puts such an emphasis on aggressive play that he had a system set up that bonuses players for injuring the opposition. Now that's just great coaching (if nobody finds out lol.)

We play in a division where blood thirsty defense is of a necessity to succeed. All our rivals play in a similiar manner but I anticipate the Rams to either set, or at a minimum, equal the tone next year. We may not win every game but teams will feel like they got in a fist fight after every game.

Some will say we already had this but the fact is we only partially did. The players on edge/red hot, but the playcalling didn't match the intensity, especially early. We did see improvement later when Fisher took over. Now I think we have the winning formula.

Williams has some ideal players for his system to be very successful and he's a great fit. I'm very excited about him leading the charge and letting Fisher oversee it all like he's suppose to. Greg has the greenlight and I know he's gonna have us ready to go.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Im happy about it. No more 10 yard cushions by the cb's, more physical, more attacking, less stupid mistakes. After this draft and FA, our defense is going to be scary good, and the Whiner and Seahag offenses will be scared of getting hurt from such viciousness. This isn't your pansy ass defense, this is going to be your grandfathers fuck em up, take there names, kill em, shoot em and beat em some more type defenses that would make Deacon and Youngblood proud. If they want to cry about it let them. They can have there swag, we will hit them with brutality!!!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
The public relations hit was always my greatest objection to doing this,is what it is, Fisher knew it would happen and IMO will at some point make a public pronouncement that Greg is sufficiently contrite and deserving of a second chance and for most media that will be enough. They may even trot Greg to the microphone and dispense with it early and then craft a pat "we've dealt with that" response.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The reputation of being a dirty, mean, relentless defense is exactly what we need in our division. Make them all circle that date on their schedules and have terrible nightmares about us.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We were one of if not THE most penalized teams in the NFL this past year. I just hope this doesn't make us #1 with a bullet. Good, nasty, physical football is fine...and pretty much required in our division. Stupid penalties will kill you every time though. I just hope the refs don't make us their bitch just because we have a "reputation" now. Call em fair you fucking zebra bitches.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
New Orleans was in the lower half of most penalized defenses when Williams was there.

The best thing about the guy coming to the Rams is that he is exactly what an undisciplined team needs. He is very demanding and very thorough. If a player is not at he top of his game and always in the correct Positon to do his job Williams calls him out for it. In his system you have to know exactly what your responsibilities are and perform them or you get the bench.

Greg Williams will make he Rams defense ork their butts off to be the best. The slackers will be left behind or humiliated for screwing the team.

Time for the youngsters to grow up!

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
I'll say it again, Williams style will make the Rams go from being a defense with good pieces that is respected, to a defense that is flat out feared. By the end of next year we will have certain teams beat before the game even starts.