Ian Rapoport Talks Bradford Trade Rumors, Fisher Hot Seat?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
NFL Media’s Ian Rapoport joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After on Wednesday to talk about the stadium situations in California and St. Louis, the rumors surrounding Sam Bradford and whether or not Rams coach Jeff Fisher is on the hot seat.

Listen to Rapoport Interview

http://www.insidestl.com/insideSTLc...dford-Trade-Rumors-Los-Angeles-Situation.aspx

NFL Media's Ian Rapoport joined The Ryan Kelley Morning After on Wednesday to talk about the stadium situations in California and St. Louis, the rumors surrounding Sam Bradford and whether or not Rams coach Jeff Fisher is on the hot seat.

Here are some tidbits from the interview. You can listen to the whole thing below:

On Sam Bradford trade rumors:

I've been told no one has contacted the Rams about him. It's pretty early. Lot times these thing happen closer to the draft so it's not a total surprise. Part of the problem...to actually trade for him...is incredibly unlikely and difficult. If another team is willing to pay him $13 million, then maybe another team would try to trade for him. But at that price, what they would want to offer in a trade would not be a lot. Sam Bradford for $1 million would probably be a first round pick. Bradford for $13 million would be worth a lot less. So the Rams wouldn't even consider it.

On Bradford's health:

If you guarantee me Sam Bradford would stay healthy, I would say the Rams would be insane to trade him. But you don't know.

On if they traded Bradford:

Who's actually going to be their starter? Are you really getting an upgrade anywhere. What if you want to swing that and make a trade for Jay Cutler. Well, is he better? If it's not Bradford...who's it going to be?

Do you think Jeff Fisher and Les Snead feel they have to win this season and would rather take a chance with Bradford then a free agent or rookie?

From what I know, Jeff Fisher has a lot of security. A lot of security. I don't think it's a situation where if they go 7-9, that they'll be looking for another coach. Maybe I'm crazy, but that's my read on the situation. They have a good base. Their defense is nasty, their receivers I think are maturing and becoming good players. All they really need is a guy to distribute the ball and manage.

On Los Angeles situation:

The NFL is very happy. They're waiting and happy. This is the most proactive teams have been. The city of St. Louis knows now it has a very serious competitor as far as where they're going to play. I think the other teams know that too. So no one has any choice but to put all their best options on the table.

Would NFL ignore bylaws if St. Louis built new stadium and let Kroenke leave for LA?

No, I don't. I hear that about Kroenke and people whether he would unilaterally move. From my understanding he has been lockstep with the NFL and has done everything that the league has said he can do and asked him to do. To my knowledge, he's followed things by the book.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
Phony Fisher on the "hot seat" question . . . batted down . .. StL radio guys, other than Farr and Randy K really suck

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Phony Fisher on the "hot seat" question . . . batted down . .. StL radio guys, other than Farr and Randy K really suck
Boy, if they go 7-9 or worse again, they ought to be fired IMO.

Being better than Spagnuolo and Devaney can/should only take you so far... and 4 losing seasons should be the limit IMO.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

Being better than Spagnuolo and Devaney can/should only take you so far... and 4 losing seasons should be the limit IMO.

Well, we will know the answer to that in about 11 months will we?

jjab360

Legend

I'm not a fan of firing someone purely because of their record. You have to take a ton of factors into account and only then let them go if you feel like you can actually find an upgrade. Linehan and Spags were first time HCs who were easy to let go because they were clearly out of their depth. Who are you going to find on the open market with more experience and composure than Fisher or a better draft history than Snead has had the past 3 years?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
From what I know, Jeff Fisher has a lot of security. A lot of security. I don't think it's a situation where if they go 7-9, that they'll be looking for another coach. Maybe I'm crazy, but that's my read on the situation. They have a good base. Their defense is nasty, their receivers I think are maturing and becoming good players. All they really need is a guy to distribute the ball and manage.

This is what I have been saying all along. Anyone that thinks Fisher is on the hotseat is crazy. Kroenke will give him the time that is needed and as bad as the team was that he took over Stan knows that it was going to take more than three years to turn it around. Once Bradford got injured Jeff and Les get an even longer tenure to turn it around.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There's nothing wrong with Fisher, there's just something wrong with being young and inexperienced.

Corbin

THIS IS MY BOOOOOMSTICK!!
StL radio guys, other than Farr and Randy K really suck
Amen to that.... these guys are horrible. They represent in my mind the mentality that leads to consistent failure...."Bradford is mediocre"