I will say this about AZ Cardinal fans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They were very classy and even very friendly to myself, my friends and every Rams fan that I saw on Sunday. There were of course a few cat calls and wise cracks but those are harmless.

First off we stayed at the Renaissance hotel, which seems to be the visiting team choice, and there is a lot to do here with it right next to the stadium with lots of good eating and drinking places right here and it has the Coyotes arena here too. Lots of Rams fans, lots of California plate and even some Cards fans from out of town.

Saturday night we went out to get some dinner and get drinking and had a great time talking with everybody. Some Cards fans came and wanted to speculate game plans and what we expected to see. Some just came up and asked where we traveled from and gave us suggestion on we her to go for food and drink. I forget the name of the brewery but there is an AZ brewery with a Scottish ale called lifted kilt that was top notch. There were a dozen or so drank at our table and,a few rounds bought for some friendly people.

On to Sunday we walked the couple blocks to the stadium and we're visited with more of the same. Nice people willing to chat and of course a few cat calls. The stadium might look like a toaster on the outside but inside it's top notch. Actually even outside is set up nice with lots of area for tailgating and there are some food/catering outside that look to be good operations.

We were able to get our seats with no problems and straight away starter talking with people around us both Card and Rams fans. I would estimate there were probably 3000 to 4000 Rams fans in attendance, not a bad showing for a small fan base imo. During the game again there were no problems with people. There was more trash talking from the 2 Cards fans we brought with us than anybody else but it drew laughs from the locals and we all had a good time.

All in all a very good GameDay and NFL getaway experience. My thanks to all the good people and good hosts. After years of going to San Fran and dealong with mostly Ass clowns there it was a very nice change from a division rival. I highly recommended to all Rams brothers and sisters to visit this stadium at least once if you have the means.

Last edited:

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
I definitely have a road Rams game @ Arizona on my 'to do' list!! Thinking I might wait til the kids are a little older and make it part of a bigger vacation with some Grand Canyon, golf, and other stuff mixed in.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
That's awesome man. It is always a great experience when you can have banter with fans that don't want to kill you in the parking lot.
Don't see why people can't just enjoy good competitive fun more often.

Glad you had a good time and represented our team.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I definitely have a road Rams game @ Arizona on my 'to do' list!! Thinking I might wait til the kids are a little older and make it part of a bigger vacation with some Grand Canyon, golf, and other stuff mixed in.

That's great plan.

I keep telling my wife the kids need to see the west.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I love Arizona and have nothing negative to say about it. I even like the heat. I figured they would have good fans in person like STL does.

I met a guy from Dallas who loved hockey and was taking in a Blues game while he was here. I asked why he wasn't wearing his team and he said he didn't want trouble. Says a lot about what he sees in Dallas. I just chuckled and said they'd probably buy him a drink and want to chat about hokey here. He didn't seem convinced.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Sounds amazing. I was supposed to go to this game with my AZ fan neighbor but we bagged it for some reason!! DAMN!!! At least he watched with me yesterday (in the garage) and was a good sport about it.

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
That's great plan.

I keep telling my wife the kids need to see the west.

We get to see the west a lot because my in-laws live in Durango, CO and Grand Junction, CO - and we venture over into Utah a lot to hit the national parks... absolutely love the beauty of the west. A little more scenic than Missourah

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very good friend (back from high school) is an attorney in Tempe.

I've gone to a few games with him.... it is a nice stadium but nowhere as nice as JerryWorld.
Kinda like comparing a Cadillac to a Buick.

The last game was when we lost on the Petersen return of a punt or something? I think it was OT? Deflating!

But, you are right... they are very civil for the most part.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought there looked like a decent away following when I was watching last night. Glad you enjoyed it, and came away with the win of course!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very good friend (back from high school) is an attorney in Tempe.

I've gone to a few games with him.... it is a nice stadium but nowhere as nice as JerryWorld.
Kinda like comparing a Cadillac to a Buick.

The last game was when we lost on the Petersen return of a punt or something? I think it was OT? Deflating!

But, you are right... they are very civil for the most part.
Funny you mention Jrry World, after the game when we were getting dinner we discussed where to travel to next and almost to a man the groups first thought was Dallas. We'll have to depend on standings though because we played the East last year. Next year the Rams have a lot of travel. I think the road games were Jets, Cheaters, Saints, Tampa and NFL South. We're considering Tampa and Seattle. All depends on the calendar.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some years ago when the Rams were really bad, I got front row seats behind the Rams for about $235 each off stubhub in AZ. For fun I looked up similar seats for the Rams at Cowboys or maybe it was a lower shelf team at the Cowboys at that time and the similar front row seats were somewhere around $1,100 each. Jerry World has a mighty steep price tag!

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
They were very classy and even very friendly to myself, my friends and every Rams fan that I saw on Sunday. There were of course a few cat calls and wise cracks but those are harmless.

First off we stayed at the Renaissance hotel, which seems to be the visiting team choice, and there is a lot to do here with it right next to the stadium with lots of good eating and drinking places right here and it has the Coyotes arena here too. Lots of Rams fans, lots of California plate and even some Cards fans from out of town.

Saturday night we went out to get some dinner and get drinking and had a great time talking with everybody. Some Cards fans came and wanted to speculate game plans and what we expected to see. Some just came up and asked where we traveled from and gave us suggestion on we her to go for food and drink. I forget the name of the brewery but there is an AZ brewery with a Scottish ale called lifted kilt that was top notch. There were a dozen or so drank at our table and,a few rounds bought for some friendly people.

On to Sunday we walked the couple blocks to the stadium and we're visited with more of the same. Nice people willing to chat and of course a few cat calls. The stadium might look like a toaster on the outside but inside it's top notch. Actually even outside is set up nice with lots of area for tailgating and there are some food/catering outside that look to be good operations.

We were able to get our seats with no problems and straight away starter talking with people around us both Card and Rams fans. I would estimate there were probably 3000 to 4000 Rams fans in attendance, not a bad showing for a small fan base imo. During the game again there were no problems with people. There was more trash talking from the 2 Cards fans we brought with us than anybody else but it drew laughs from the locals and we all had a good time.

All in all a very good GameDay and NFL getaway experience. My thanks to all the good people and good hosts. After years of going to San Fran and dealong with mostly Ass clowns there it was a very nice change from a division rival. I highly recommended to all Rams brothers and sisters to visit this stadium at least once if you have the means.

Thanks for sharing.

It's nice to be able to attend an opposing stadium to experience a game there, without hostile fans. Makes me really respect AZ.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The AZ fans tailgate second to none...and welcome the horns with blue & gold...It makes me believe in the game experience...

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
I have been to a lot of Rams game played in AZ for the past 20 years. AZ fans are always good and friendly. Of course we go with just a Rams jersey, sit in our seats, stand when there's a great play but basically are quiet and just enjoy the game. I've seen other Rams fans getting razzed by Card fans but I think they deserve it a little, hooping and hollering and starting it up themselves. You get what you put into it I guess.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I've seen other Rams fans getting razzed by Card fans but I think they deserve it a little, hooping and hollering and starting it up themselves. You get what you put into it I guess.
I go, and act like a fool when the plays dictate it...Shoulda seen me when JJ returned his second pick that year....I'm a kinda big guy....and well, pretty good seats too...I clear an area out fast when I get loud....The next year, remember looking in Cooks eyes at the end during a terrible loss...just left with my tail between my legs...All the tailgaters were offering me a drink on my walk to my car...good times...nice atmosphere...Would always recommend going there...

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny you mention Jrry World, after the game when we were getting dinner we discussed where to travel to next and almost to a man the groups first thought was Dallas. We'll have to depend on standings though because we played the East last year. Next year the Rams have a lot of travel. I think the road games were Jets, Cheaters, Saints, Tampa and NFL South. We're considering Tampa and Seattle. All depends on the calendar.
Well, if you do decide on Dallas, let me know!

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
For those who were posting about AZ, I just got back from a terrific "road trip" out west with my wife & 13 yo boy, we had a blast! Highlights:
1. Route 66 road trip - "standing on a corner in Winslow AZ..." & Holbrook, AZ with the wigwam motel (think "the cozy cone" from the Pixar "Cars" movie) were neat Route 66 highlights in AZ.
2. Flagstaff, AZ - beautiful area. Stayed in a lodge-like hotel that night, didn't have time to explore, but the area & mountains were beautiful.
3. Grand Canyon - if you have never been there, put this place immediately on your bucket list. The majesty of a 10 mile wide, 1 mile deep, 227 mile long canyon is incomparable & cannot be fully experienced short of just going there & being surrounded by it. Lunch at the Bright Angel Lodge cafe was very nice, the vistas along the Bright Angel trail were unreal, & the stops along the east rim were magical. Very friendly people, tourists from all over the world go there. (btw, no, we didn't go out on the glass overlook, that's on the north rim, which is a 4 hour drive from the south rim + $80 just to walk on a glass overlook)
4. Page, AZ - reserved a tour of the lower Antelope Canyon, also magical (swirling red rock slot canyon), took about 100 photos down there, & our Navajo guide played a flute for us. A quick 5 minute drive from Page is Horseshoe Bend, also a very popular tourist stop, highly recommended. Glenn Canyon dam & Lake Powell are also a few minutes away, but we had other sites on our agenda to move on to.

From there, we traveled up to Durango, CO, but those are just our northern AZ highlights.