I want the Rams to trade for Laremy Tunsil over an OLB he solves our OL!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
The stats don't lie. Stafford is the highest pressured QB in the league at 33%.

We have 3 times as many sacks at this point as last year.

We are 10 ppg down from last year.

And I could go on there are even more negative metrics.

I believe it is the OL and mostly their fault. We need to get Laremy Tunsil from Houston and here's why.

Last year's OL had Whit and no injuries. This season Noteboom has given up 5 sacks and 16 pressures already. Whit gave up 5 sacks in an entire season and 20 pressures. Noteboom is definitely one of the major issues. We don't know if Jackson can hold up he is an UDFA playing the most important position on the line.

Laremy Tunsil is a top 5 LT he shores up a huge problem we move Jackson into the other problem on the line LG where Edwards is no better than Noteboom and Stafford will have the time he needs. We can acquire every top OLB but if we don't score more points we will never win games.

He has one more year signed through 2023. His current base is little over 1m -that is super tradeable - Houston coverted his salary to bonus this year reducing his base and next year his salary is 18.5m. This is a predicated on Houston wanting to let arguably their best player go.

I know some will say we paid for Noteboom, we did but unfortunately he is not working out and we need to come to terms with it look at the stats I provided of him vs Whit he is a disaster and with 3 years in the system there should be zero excuses by now and he is not cutting it.

Tough decisions need to made Noteboom vs Tunsil - OLB vs OL but like I will say again if you don't fix the OL all those defensive pressures won't matter.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tunsil was drafted #13 overall & has absolutely proven worthy of it, is only 28, is truly one of the franchise LT in the game, and Houston would take a dead cap hit of almost 16 mill.
So.... If Houston were to trade him, they'd surely want a heck of a lot more than what the Rams cold possibly offer

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Tunsil was drafted #13 overall & has absolutely proven worthy of it, is only 28, is truly one of the franchise LT in the game, and Houston would take a dead cap hit of almost 16 mill.
So.... If Houston were to trade him, they'd surely want a heck of a lot more than what the Rams cold possibly offer

Man, I wish Bill O'Brien was still the coach there ...

Tano

Legend
Do a Jimmy Johnson trade for Williams - let's not have any picks next year

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
The stats don't lie. Stafford is the highest pressured QB in the league at 33%.

We have 3 times as many sacks at this point as last year.

We are 10 ppg down from last year.

And I could go on there are even more negative metrics.

I believe it is the OL and mostly their fault. We need to get Laremy Tunsil from Houston and here's why.

Last year's OL had Whit and no injuries. This season Noteboom has given up 5 sacks and 16 pressures already. Whit gave up 5 sacks in an entire season and 20 pressures. Noteboom is definitely one of the major issues. We don't know if Jackson can hold up he is an UDFA playing the most important position on the line.

Laremy Tunsil is a top 5 LT he shores up a huge problem we move Jackson into the other problem on the line LG where Edwards is no better than Noteboom and Stafford will have the time he needs. We can acquire every top OLB but if we don't score more points we will never win games.

He has one more year signed through 2023. His current base is little over 1m -that is super tradeable - Houston coverted his salary to bonus this year reducing his base and next year his salary is 18.5m. This is a predicated on Houston wanting to let arguably their best player go.

I know some will say we paid for Noteboom, we did but unfortunately he is not working out and we need to come to terms with it look at the stats I provided of him vs Whit he is a disaster and with 3 years in the system there should be zero excuses by now and he is not cutting it.

Tough decisions need to made Noteboom vs Tunsil - OLB vs OL but like I will say again if you don't fix the OL all those defensive pressures won't matter.
I'd take him but do we even have the assets to pull off such a trade? Are the Texans seriously considering trading him?

BrooklynRam

Rookie
I'd take him but do we even have the assets to pull off such a trade? Are the Texans seriously considering trading him?

I'd say we can get him for a 2 and change. If we want to pay what we paid for Von I think that would do it. I think a 2 and a 4 does it.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'd say we can get him for a 2 and change. If we want to pay what we paid for Von I think that would do it. I think a 2 and a 4 does it.
So only asking as I'm not familiar but do we have an out from Noteboom's contract? What's his dead money hit? Figure he'd have to be traded if Tunsil is miraculously acquired.

BrooklynRam

Rookie
So only asking as I'm not familiar but do we have an out from Noteboom's contract? What's his dead money hit? Figure he'd have to be traded if Tunsil is miraculously acquired.

No real "out" in Boom's Contract. We would have to keep him around as back up and swing player. Of course we can always trade Havenstein too if we wanted.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
No real "out" in Boom's Contract. We would have to keep him around as back up and swing player. Of course we can always trade Havenstein too if we wanted.
That alone makes this trade hard to do. Doubt the Rams wanna have that much sunk into a back up plus trading Hav is a terrible idea. Wonder if there is a better workaround.

BrooklynRam

Rookie
That alone makes this trade hard to do. Doubt the Rams wanna have that much sunk into a back up plus trading Hav is a terrible idea. Wonder if there is a better workaround.

I agree. Dont want to trade Hav. And Noteboom is not good at Guard and would probably get hurt anyway. If McSnead still believes strongly in Noteboom we're not going after Laremy.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldnt be surprised if he were to be traded, that he'd refuse to dress for his new team without a new deal.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If we are being honest with ourselves Noteboom is just not good enough at LT. Been in the system for 3 years and he has abysmal stats. His stats equal Whits stats but Whits stats were over a 17 game season last year and Boom did it in 5.

Sometimes you need to bite the bullet and this is one of those times. It's clear at least to me we are not going anywhere with this group. Whit was one of the reasons we made it as far as we did. Can you trust Jackson at LT no disrespect he maybe great but you want a 5 game experiment only to find out he is not the answer. Tunsil shores up the LT spot period he massively helps in the run game and turns around a leaky OL.