I swear they do this for attention

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
We are. That was the entire basis for trading for Foles imo and adding Fairley.

One pick in the 1st isn't going to make or break our chances of drafting a good lineman. Come off that.
I just dont want to miss an opportunity to draft a guy who could be a mainstay on the line for 10 years. The Oline worries me this season. We cant strike out in that department again.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Off topic: Because i see this often on the internets...

Maroon = color. Dark brownish red
Moron = idiot
And this?

get-a-brain-morans.jpg

FrankenRam

Starter
No it isn't. While it may mean something for fans, a possible relocation will have absolutely nothing to do with the draft (or season) for the Rams organization, nor should it.

Besides, haven't you noticed that most rookies don't make the immediate impact many fans expect? Filling a potential hole with a player doesn't mean that player is actually playing well enough to help the team win games.

And c'mon. If great QBs came out every single draft then every single team would have one.

Thank you.

jjab360

Legend
I just dont want to miss an opportunity to draft a guy who could be a mainstay on the line for 10 years. The Oline worries me this season. We cant strike out in that department again.
A guy who could be a mainstay at QB takes priority over a guy who could be a mainstay on the OL every. single. time.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My argument is that we should be trying to make a run at the playoffs THIS YEAR. It's a huge year in our free agent department. We're gunna end up losing key compotents to our team and have to draft new guys to replace them. I definetely see your side of the spectrum. But I would be more inclined to draft a QB if we had already made the playoffs or even had a good record. I mean really, who says that we're that close? We could of went 3-13 easily last season. Does a good QB change that scenario that drastically when as a team, we only had 3 quality wins all season? I just don't think it does. Nick Foles is good enough to get us the playoffs. Let's keep building the ins and outs of the team and then decide if drafting a QB will take us further.

1. There's no guarantee that the player we drafted in the first round is ready to start or ready to be a quality starter. We hope they will be but it's not something you should bank on if you look at the recent history of the draft.
2. We could have went 3-13 last season...we could have also went 10-6. Fact is that this team competed well despite the inadequacies it was dealing with from the QB position.
3. We have no idea if Foles is or isn't good enough. Hopefully, he is. But even if he is, getting to the playoffs is great but all of us want more. If Foles is simply an Andy Dalton type QB and Mariota is a true franchise QB, you'd be nuts to pass on him.
4. Drafting Mariota would not stop us from building this team.
5. The claim that 100% of our draft picks have to contribute this year is both incorrect and unrealistic. Be happy if 50% of them contribute this year.
6. Yes, a good QB changes this team drastically. That's not something that you should even debate. Is Foles a good QB? I hope so. But if I were them, I'd hedge my bets.
7. Why would you be more inclined to draft a QB if we were a contender? If we were a contender, we'd most likely have a QB. Because that's how important QBs are today. It's VERY difficult for a team to contend without a quality or (at least) average starting QB.
8. There's no guarantee we lose key components to this team. Our cap situation next year looks fine right now.
9. It also seems highly unlikely that Mariota is there at #10 so there's no real point in sweating this now.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
1. There's no guarantee that the player we drafted in the first round is ready to start or ready to be a quality starter. We hope they will be but it's not something you should bank on if you look at the recent history of the draft.
2. We could have went 3-13 last season...we could have also went 10-6. Fact is that this team competed well despite the inadequacies it was dealing with from the QB position.
3. We have no idea if Foles is or isn't good enough. Hopefully, he is. But even if he is, getting to the playoffs is great but all of us want more. If Foles is simply an Andy Dalton type QB and Mariota is a true franchise QB, you'd be nuts to pass on him.
4. Drafting Mariota would not stop us from building this team.
5. The claim that 100% of our draft picks have to contribute this year is both incorrect and unrealistic. Be happy if 50% of them contribute this year.
6. Yes, a good QB changes this team drastically. That's not something that you should even debate. Is Foles a good QB? I hope so. But if I were them, I'd hedge my bets.
7. Why would you be more inclined to draft a QB if we were a contender? If we were a contender, we'd most likely have a QB. Because that's how important QBs are today. It's VERY difficult for a team to contend without a quality or (at least) average starting QB.
8. There's no guarantee we lose key components to this team. Our cap situation next year looks fine right now.
9. It also seems highly unlikely that Mariota is there at #10 so there's no real point in sweating this now.
Okay well...dammit. You got me man I have nothing left to say lol

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
@Legatron4 @jrry32 you guys are awesome! I love RDO.

GRob was a great pick last year, hopefully he'll continue to develop, but a Zach Martin-type OL guy would be awesome at #10. Scherff could have a great impact on the Rams OLine.
That said, if an unbelievable talent falls to us at #10, we MUST take them. If Mariota, White, an/or Williams fall to us I think we can't pass up on them.
Now, if those 3 are not available, and we pass up on Scherff / Collins / Flowers for some guy like Dupree, or even that CB, I'll start pulling my hair out.