I swear they do this for attention

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
With our current O line, we will need 4 QBs by the time the season is over! I bet Bradford is glad he got out of here when he did.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Nah guys we should use all of our picks on QBs, then we should play a different QB every 15 snaps. Defense's will have no idea what to do. Also we should draft/sign more DTs and DEs but play them on the OL. Thats a super bowl winner right there.

:cry: /blue font

Last edited:

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/charles-davis/245604?campaign=Facebook_cfb_davis

Even though we have Foles, he thinks we should draft Mariota? So then we have two QBs for our Oline to get hurt? He can't possibly think this is a good idea right?
I absolutely think its a good idea. It's naive to think foles is our franchise QB after not taking a snap for us. If they think mariota could be the guy, you absolutly take him at 10. You can grab decent OL in the 2nd and 3rd

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
I absolutely think its a good idea. It's naive to think foles is our franchise QB after not taking a snap for us. If they think mariota could be the guy, you absolutly take him at 10. You can grab decent OL in the 2nd and 3rd

I'm all for getting a QB this year but not at 10, thats all. Jmo of course.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
If Mariota is there at ten we should trade back with the Eagles for Bradford and a future 1st round draft pick!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Mariota is there, we take him. I agree 100%.
Sorry, I disagree. The Rams need 100% of our draft picks this year to contribute. Mariota isn't going to be better then Foles this year. Not making the playoffs this year is out of the question.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Sorry, I disagree. The Rams need 100% of our draft picks this year to contribute. Mariota isn't going to be better then Foles this year. Not making the playoffs this year is out of the question.

That's such a short term view. What happens if Mariota turns out far better than Foles and we just let him pass at 10.
We've done this before btw with Bradford , not drafting a QB high because we "potentially" have one already.. It's burned us before and will burn us again

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'm all for getting a QB this year but not at 10, thats all. Jmo of course.
Why? If mariota could potentially be a franchise QB and you don't have one already, you draft him. simple.
What's the point in waiting till the 3rd for Hundley who is far more suspect, when Mariota is there ready and waiting at 10

Athos

Legend
This is still a QB driven league. By far.

If Mariota is there, you almost have to take him. Shit QB play will get you nowhere. I don't think a Trent Dilfer QB type will ever win a SB again unless GoodHELL turns the NFL into a glorified Arena League.

You still don't know what Foles will bring and we've only got him the 1 year. Taking Mariota and having Foles means grooming. If Foles explodes, you either have a *sit him like Rodgers scenario* or flip him to another team for a treasure chest later on.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Why? If mariota could potentially be a franchise QB and you don't have one already, you draft him. simple.
What's the point in waiting till the 3rd for Hundley who is far more suspect, when Mariota is there ready and waiting at 10

Because we have Foles now who also could potentially be a franchise QB, so we draft Marriota and Foles blows it up next season then what? I dont see how we make a trade for Foles and still use our 1st on a QB. Thats my opinion of course.

Whats the point in waiting to draft OL in the later rounds when those linemen are far more suspect then Collins, Sherff, ect? The same argument can be made the other way around.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
And they have us passing on White & Scherff, with Scherff dropping to 18th! HaHaHa:ROFLMAO:
BugsBunny_Maroon.jpg

Athos

Legend
Because we have Foles now who also could potentially be a franchise QB, so we draft Marriota and Foles blows it up next season then what? I dont see how we make a trade for Foles and still use our 1st on a QB. Thats my opinion of course.

Whats the point in waiting to draft OL in the later rounds when those linemen are far more suspect then Collins, Sherff, ect? The same argument can be made the other way around.

And if Foles tanks, we're doubly fucked as we have no alternative going into the 2016 season but a hope and a prayer a strong QB emerges (Hackenburger) or even within our reach (Jones).

If Foles blows it up, you trade Mariota to a desperate team for their first 3 picks or something.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Our plan shouldn't change from what it was when we had Bradford. Keep looking for a possible upgrade QB, or replacement, as an insurance policy for your whole franchise.

Memphis Ram

Legend
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/mock-drafts/charles-davis/245604?campaign=Facebook_cfb_davis

Even though we have Foles, he thinks we should draft Mariota? So then we have two QBs for our Oline to get hurt? He can't possibly think this is a good idea right?

If the Rams believe that Mariota can be a franchise QB, then they should select him.

The 2015 Draft isn't just about the 2015 season and Foles, who is entering the last year of his contract, may not be the answer.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Off topic: Because i see this often on the internets...

Maroon = color. Dark brownish red
Moron = idiot

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If the Rams believe that Mariota can be a franchise QB, then they should select him.

The 2015 Draft isn't just about the 2015 season and Foles, who is entering the last year of his contract, may not be the answer.
Actually it IS about 2015. This year is crucial to our franchise. With the whole relocation thing we need have a great season this year. We cannot afford to spend a 1st rounder on a QB who won't play this year. Great QBs come out every single draft. Mariota just isn't that special IMO.