I still see 13-3

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
As I look at the schedule I still see a very real possibility of 13-3. Maybe better. The 13-3 is slowing some slip ups. If we could get this defense to start scoring some points, we would be unstoppable. Hopefully the saints will drop a few more and we will still have the home field advantage come playoff time.

LumberTubs

As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean
Name
Phil
That sounds about right to me, maybe 14-2 with the second loss coming against the Chiefs. This team was never going to go 16-0.

It would be great to see some defensive TDs but I'd settle for seeing them figuring out how to stop teams in the first half of games.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
Yup have to agree most likely 14-2. I really only see one team that will be a problem

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I looked at the chiefs as another potential loss, then perhaps a bump with one of the lesser teams. Just in time to humbilize before the playoffs!

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I want to see a strong comeback game against the Seahawks before I decide on their record. How will this "Ramily" respond after a loss? Everything is wonderful when you are winning. It's when you lose that finger pointing starts and things can get ugly. There are some volatile personalities on this team. I want to see where they go from here. Go out and beat the Seahawks next week. Just get back to winning.

They should certainly be able to beat a lot of teams remaining on their schedule. But the next two weeks are big games. I want to see how they respond in those games. Rams are 10 point favorites next week so they SHOULD win and win big.

The Chiefs game will be tough.

After that it's:

BYE week.

At Lions
At Bears
Eagles
At Cardinals
49ers

Well if you don't beat the 9ers and Cards you don't even deserve to be in the playoffs. That would take them to 10 wins. Assuming they do beat the Seahawks that is 11. I would hope they win at least two out of three regarding Lions, Bears and Eagles.

But they have to put this loss behind them, learn from it, get better for it and go be great again.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram
I think both the Bears and Eagles will be tough games.
It will also be interesting, depending on standings elsewhere, if and who may get rested towards the end of the season.
We wrap up playing against the Cardinals and then the 49ers.

Getting way ahead of myself there, so bring on the Seahawks next week.

fearsomefour

Legend
14-2 would give McVay 25 regular season wins in two seasons.
For comparison....and I find this freaking remarkable....the winningest coach in Rams history, John Robinson has 75 career regular season wins if memory serves.
Meaning in two short years McVay would have won 1/3....33%....of the regular season games Robinson did in his career.
Sustaining in the modern NFL is tough and that will be the test, but man, what a start!!

fearsomefour

Legend
I think both the Bears and Eagles will be tough games.
It will also be interesting, depending on standings elsewhere, if and who may get rested towards the end of the season.
We wrap up playing against the Cardinals and then the 49ers.

Getting way ahead of myself there, so bring on the Seahawks next week.
The Bears offense is interesting and they present some unique challenges.
However, if the coverage issues can be straightened out and the run game controlled I don't see how they win.

Ellard80

Legend
Man it's hard to say.. .we have a tough stretch of schedule ahead of us.

Da-Rock

Pro Bowler
I don't like that we lose to every good team......(yes its important to beat the teams that suck, but it would be nice to see the Rams beat someone like the Saints and Chiefs).

If the Rams don't fix the secondary, our record won't matter because we will lose to the next good team we face in the playoffs.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Splitting between the Bears and Chefs is about right, although I don't rule out sweeping them. Talib will be back after the bye, thank God...and I think Fowler's play will get better and better. I called for 14-2 before the season, and I am sticking with that.

Ellard80

Legend
I don't like that we lose to every good team......(yes its important to beat the teams that suck, but it would be nice to see the Rams beat someone like the Saints and Chiefs).

If the Rams don't fix the secondary, our record won't matter because we will lose to the next good team we face in the playoffs.

We beat the Chargers - they are good. The Vikings are good also. We beat the Saints last year.

We have some chances ahead of us to beat some good teams...

I do agree with you about the secondary however.

KCLARAM FAN

Rookie
Name
kclaram
That sounds about right to me, maybe 14-2 with the second loss coming against the Chiefs. This team was never going to go 16-0.

It would be great to see some defensive TDs but I'd settle for seeing them figuring out how to stop teams in the first half of games.
yeah not with our defense,I also see them going 13-3.maybe 14-2,this was one of the 3 games i said a few weeks ago that concerned me.the other one that concerns me is the Bears in Chicago and maybe the chiefs.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I want to see how they respond next week against the seahawks. Its pretty obvious now our concerns about the defense are real. I think we're a 12 or 13 win team right now. But we're not a Superbowl team if the defense can't get better. Yesterday the offense had to be good just about every possession. That was too much to ask.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I looked at the chiefs as another potential loss, then perhaps a bump with one of the lesser teams. Just in time to humbilize before the playoffs!

If the defense plays like it did yesterday the Chiefs will hand a 60-burger on the Rams.

They have A LOT to clean up.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
If the defense plays like it did yesterday the Chiefs will hand a 60-burger on the Rams.

They have A LOT to clean up.
Agree. I can't see how they have a chance against the Chiefs unless the D greatly improves. And they won't win the SB, or probably even make it to the SB unless the D improves.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
There is no possible way that we are beating the Chiefs with this defense right now. With Talib, possibly.

The other tough games are home for the Eagles and at the Bears - we need to go 14-2 if we want home field because I doubt the Saints lose more than two of their remaining games.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life

Vikings, Chargers and GB don't count?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Well right now I think we lose to KC. It's another matchup where our defense is going to be overrun and I'm not sure our offense can overcome it. And we will probably lose another one at some point so yeah 13-3 looks likely.

That said... Right now I've prepared myself mentally for 12-4. Because while this defense should get better before the playoffs it might cause us to drop an additional game. 12-4 as a division winner might not get the #1 seed, but a bye is likely and from there we'll see. But I do hope they find a way to get the #1 seed and it's possible since New Orleans has some defensive issues of their own.