I rewatched the Niner game...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Just a few comments that I haven't seen elsewhere...

The MFranke game review is must reading, y'all. Not just this week, but every week.

Nothing like a beat down given to the Niners to brighten the spirits, is there? Lol.

Kaep gets benched and Vernon Davis gets traded. That's some serious Ram fallout, don't you think? Hot damn!

I once again focused on our OL. A little good news, fellas. Progress is officially being made. Some will have to find a new whipping boy other than GRob. Brown continues to be the weakest link, but that doesn't mean he's a weak link. So many plays where 4 of the 5 guys executed their blocks well, only to have the 5th guy just miss. But when they all clicked, some spectacular plays followed. Gurley's big run, Austin's big bubble screen TD, and Cook's big 49 yarder all came from superbly blocked plays. OL teamwork at it's finest.

BTW, GRob's number was mistakenly called for a hold. The actual culprit was Reynolds. Just sayin'.

The fact that Foles had no sacks, no ints, and few hits speaks well for both the OL and for Foles, himself.

I would love to see Gurley running up his yardage totals, but I've gotta concede that that would be selfish on my part. Fisher resting him in a game already won is the smart play.

I'm at a loss to explain why Britt, Quick, and Bailey have become non factors on O. Other than some good blocking, that is. Better get fixed PDQ. This crap won't work against the Vikings or any of the other better teams, for that matter.

Nice to see Cook making some plays. Saw him making a few blocks, too. Did the trade rumors get his attention? Hopefully, he will be a positive factor down the stretch.

Hard not to get carried away while discussing the D. They are currently just dominating, although we must remember that our last 2 games were against the Browns and Niners. But still...

How about this viewpoint? I think the following are enjoying their best year as a Ram:

Brockers
Hayes
Westbrook
Ogletree (before injury)
Barron
J Lau
Jenkins
Joyner

Finest years, y'all. And the ones I didn't list are having terrific years in their own right.

Or how about this viewpoint? Tru and TJ come off the field for a few plays unexpectedly. Roberson and Mo Alexander are inserted with no warning or warmup. And yet there is no drop off! In fact, Mo makes back to back outstanding plays. Or when Tree is hurt we see Barron pick up the slack with no drop off. Or when Long gets hurt we see the combination of Hayes and Westbrook step up seamlessly. Those things are pretty amazing, really. There was a time in our recent past that we would have greatly suffered when a top drawer starter had to leave the field.

I give GW a ton of credit for creating and polishing this D. He was a tremendous hire.

Yeah, coach Bones needs to correct that technique problem resulting in 2 blocked FG attempts. But other than that, not much to complain about. Hekker just gets better and better, doesn't he? What a find! What a weapon!

My crystal ball is telling me that we will likely see a WR taken with our 1st rounder. A case of BPA meeting greatest need. I believe that we are merely a top WR and a top TE away from having a SB capable O.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
For the first time in a long time, the oline caught my eye..........in a good way.
They played as a strong unit Sunday.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fish said that he expected this OL to be coming of age by midseason. Right now I'd put these guys somewhere middle of the league in terms of overall performance. So they look to me like they're right on schedule.

The Vikes are going to be a big challenge for them, however. They do a great job playing mind games with the A gap blitzes, and forcing opposing OL to make mistakes. Plus the crowd. Gonna be a lot of pressure on Barnes as well as Reynolds/Brown for the comms since that interior will be tested.

As to GW it is no surprise to me, since he has done this wherever he's been. He is at the top of his game right now, and we are very fortunate that he's on our side. Just need Cigs to find his stride and get all the pieces working together consistently on offense.

IMO Cigs needs to find a third option. Has to be Bailey or Quick, get them involved and quit trying to use Cook as a key on so many downs. Hopefully that is coming, and soon. If he does get that rolling this team can be like that Giants team that rolled its way through the playoffs after a slow start. This team has that level of talent IMO.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
My crystal ball is telling me that we will likely see a QB or WR taken with our 1st rounder.
Adjusted it for ya 43....thanks for the breakdown...Line looked good to me too...For the past 3 games getting better and better.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Austin
Nice write up and break down.
Sorry but I have to add TA

Thanks, gliders.

I can't believe I left Austin off that list.

Gawd! What a brain fart!

Perhaps he's the most improved player of all.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Fish said that he expected this OL to be coming of age by midseason. Right now I'd put these guys somewhere middle of the league in terms of overall performance. So they look to me like they're right on schedule.

The Vikes are going to be a big challenge for them, however. They do a great job playing mind games with the A gap blitzes, and forcing opposing OL to make mistakes. Plus the crowd. Gonna be a lot of pressure on Barnes as well as Reynolds/Brown for the comms since that interior will be tested.

As to GW it is no surprise to me, since he has done this wherever he's been. He is at the top of his game right now, and we are very fortunate that he's on our side. Just need Cigs to find his stride and get all the pieces working together consistently on offense.

IMO Cigs needs to find a third option. Has to be Bailey or Quick, get them involved and quit trying to use Cook as a key on so many downs. Hopefully that is coming, and soon. If he does get that rolling this team can be like that Giants team that rolled its way through the playoffs after a slow start. This team has that level of talent IMO.

Big,Big Fan Merlin as you see my likes regularly as a 50+ year RAMS fan. I agree with @43 as so many "D" players are stepping up and more and more players are FEEDING OFF EACH OTHER and RAISING the Bar on Their games. Never thought we would see our RAMS lose Alec Ogletree , who was playing PRO BOWL ball and came in from the first practice in Awesome shape and played out of his mind till going down in Phoenix. Then Mark Barron although a 1st rounder in his own right at only 213lbs soaking wet would come in and even step up the play another notch.

Then seeing Chris Long bang knees and come away with more serious injury than expected and watching Hayes and Westbrooks almost play as well or better as we see if CL can come back and bring his FastBall at his 265lb team leader that our "D" dropped off when we lost him last season. We have JL playing with a Jumbo wrapped elbow and probably Raised his level since the season began in My eyes. The UNIT is playing so well 3 DB's knock each other off a sure Interception and Quinn bats down a ball that was a sure pick six by Janoris Jenkins.

This RISING DEFENSE will lead the RAMS in minneapolis this Sunday as the OL for the vikes is at the same level if not worse than our own have struggled. I'm hoping for a better gameplan
than we had for Wilson and kap helped get a few 1st downs running. Bridgewater is growing quickly and we MUST confuse him early and often. I'm sure the early hit will come like JJ delivered this last week. Many more weapons this week and we CANNOT let Diggs have the game that gives them a W. Bridgewater is not Aaron Rodgers and is not able to read and run an offense (Bronco's game not counting) and I think the "D" can change this game and give US every chance we need to Win this game.

Now to address the above post. I think the THIRD option we finally saw with success last Sunday and Just Maybe Cook will find THE HEART AND PRIDE to play with GURLEYII & Tavon Austin as the "D" leads. Its Cooks last chance to use his GOD Given Skills as he Can highpoint the ball and saw how He MUST wrap with both arms ANY ball he catches. Nick chose Cook when he first arrived here and they developed a bond and I think that we are gonna use the big guy one last time in a Big game. He opens up so many things with our passing game. Cook down the seams and Foles barely throws over the middle as we will not use the slants that are their for the taking with Britt & Quick . Nick can throw a seam pass and it would ignite our "O" finally as I think Foles will need his read early this week and only PA will give him any time to look for seperations. The long Go patterns need to be answered more often and Foles needs his confidence and game to step forward NOW! No game is a gimme as the Bucs are not a walk anymore. Both back to back AFC games will be Playoff games. Though the Ravens will never roll over for anyone. We resemble the 2000 Ravens actually.

SACK bridgewater !!! CRUSH vikes!!! NO INJURIES!!!:yess::yess::yess:

fancents86

Starter
One player that I've noticed that's been on fire recently is McDonald. When he's on the field he is taking names!

TK42-RAM

... still not at my post.
Two 60+ yard TD's were the highlights and bumped up the numbers -- can't believe the GSOT didn't manage that :eek: !!

Offense is still a work in progress but improving.

Pleased with Cook and smart by Fisher to rest Gurley where he could.

TexasRam

Legend
The sooner we can stop talking about giving Jared Cook more looks, the better.

The D is legit and had really shored up the back end schemes, but let's keep in mind this was the worst offense in all of football they were facing.

The Oline is still not good. I'm not buying the "mid year maturation" line at all.

If they go into Minnesota and hold their own then let's talk, and I hope they do. But my money says the Oline looks horrible and the defense has to try to keep us in the game.

I believe in Foles but think he has some Oline busts and a bare cupboard at WR.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

This team reminds me in many ways of fishers 99 titans

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
This team reminds me in many ways of fishers 99 titans

Yeah there are some similarities. That team was better at this point of the season than the Rams are right now though. Would be a great thing to see these guys grow into that type of team.

Of course while I'm dreaming you know who I'm really hoping they end up resembling? That Giants team that grew into a beast over the season and entered the playoffs with a balanced offense and shutdown D and beat the Patriots. Wouldn't that be great to see the Rams deliver Tom Terrific some effin payback?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Yeah there are some similarities. That team was better at this point of the season than the Rams are right now though. Would be a great thing to see these guys grow into that type of team.

Of course while I'm dreaming you know who I'm really hoping they end up resembling? That Giants team that grew into a beast over the season and entered the playoffs with a balanced offense and shutdown D and beat the Patriots. Wouldn't that be great to see the Rams deliver Tom Terrific some effin payback?

Sorry your right I was meaning the 02 Titans starting 1-4 then storming back to a playoff run

fearsomefour

Legend
Roberson and Mo Alexander are inserted
These two have been good when in....all the more reason to prioritize resigning both JJ and Johnson....have a CB group that is 5 deep is so rare and huge advantage. McDonald has been very good, Mcleod has improved and Barron is thriving in his hybrid role.
I agree with Williams being a great hire. I wasn't the biggest fan of him (I was sort of indifferent) but, his D can certainly make things happen when he has the right kind of players.
I would add Fairley to the list of guys have a good year. He is starting to contribute.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I'll spend a week making sacrifices to the football gods if Foles turns into Eli. Seriously. He might have it in him because Eli looked pretty bad too until that playoff run. And Foles does have some clutchness in him. But I have a hard time believing. Make a believer out of me, Foles.