I Repent, Goff is an NFL QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
He married a girl named Karen Void.
what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
But I couldn't help notice that you were trying to downgrade his NCAA record by actually taking the time to do internet research on his competition.

There's no astrix by his NCAA record and 6 years later it is still standing.

Generally speaking, tough competition in college usually makes it easier to gauge how well a QB might do in the pros, but then again, a guy named Kurt Warner played for Nothern Iowa.......

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Generally speaking, tough competition in college usually makes it easier to gauge how well a QB might do in the pros...
Not to be argumentative here....
but you also have to take into consideration that the players surrounding a Case Keenum or a Kurt Warner were also not top notch.

Look how good Tre Mason and Greg Robinson looked when they were playing for the NCAA Champs.
I can't even recall the name of the QB.

Look how they flopped when they weren't surrounded by talent.

The best Scouts can tell the difference and is probably why they weigh so heavily towards athleticism. JMO.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to be argumentative here....
but you also have to take into consideration that the players surrounding a Case Keenum or a Kurt Warner were also not top notch.

Look how good Tre Mason and Greg Robinson looked when they were playing for the NCAA Champs.
I can't even recall the name of the QB.

Look how they flopped when they weren't surrounded by talent.

The best Scouts can tell the difference and is probably why they weigh so heavily towards athleticism. JMO.

Nick Marshall

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to the website I just checked, Case Keenum is STILL the NCAA career passing yards leader.

Not a bum. :D
Yup. That top 5 all time passer list is just riddled with quality nfl qb.
1 Case Keenum
2 Kellen Moore
3 Graham Harrell
4 Colt Brennan
5 Rakeem Cato
Pretty sure none of them were drafted

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Yup. That top 5 all time passer list is just riddled with quality nfl qb.
1 Case Keenum
2 Kellen Moore
3 Graham Harrell
4 Colt Brennan
5 Rakeem Cato
Pretty sure none of them were drafted
That doesn't make them bums and you must have missed where I've pointed out that it doesn't matter where you are drafted it matters what you can do once you get to the pros.
Did I ever tell you the story about the grocery clerk that once played for the Amsterdam Admirals?

And we must be looking at different lists.

YARDAGE is is the record I referred to;
Keenum.
Timmy Chang.
Landry Jones.
Graham Harrell.
Ty Detmer.
11) Sean Mannion.
30) Jared Goff.
And a few of these guys WERE drafted.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That doesn't make them bums and you must have missed where I've pointed out that it doesn't matter where you are drafted it matters what you can do once you get to the pros.
Did I ever tell you the story about the grocery clerk that once played for the Amsterdam Admirals?

And we must be looking at different lists.

YARDAGE is is the record I referred to;
Keenum.
Timmy Chang.
Landry Jones.
Graham Harrell.
Ty Detmer.
11) Sean Mannion.
30) Jared Goff.
And a few of these guys WERE drafted.
Who said bum?
Newsflash, every qb in the nfl, past or present is on the list

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Then why did you only list the top 5?
You made a remark that Case Keenum was the all time leader in passing yards in NCAA, I merely posted that list to illustrate how meaningless that is. But I certainly have never called him a bum. I'm a huge fan of his, just aware of his limitations

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You made a remark that Case Keenum was the all time leader in passing yards in NCAA, I merely posted that list to illustrate how meaningless that is. But I certainly have never called him a bum. I'm a huge fan of his, just aware of his limitations
This is my take... he's certainly not a bum... I know I never called him one, did you?

And, as your discussion shows, huge stats in college don't necessarily translate to NFL success, nor does where the guy went to school (division).

So bringing up that Keenum is the all-time leader in passing really doesn't give you a lot go go on.

Again... he's in a good position, on a good team, with good coaches and he's doing well.

Good for him... he's no longer a Ram and he beat us once and we may meet up with him again... so, I wish him nothing but failure!
:LOL:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
For the sake of keeping peace I never really keep track of who I'm debating with so don't ever take anything as being directed towards you unless I specifically mention your name.

That said several people have mentioned that;
He's been lucky.
He will magically "revert back to his old self", (whatever that means).
He'll do something to lose it at the end of the game, etc.

People have made some really bad evaluation's on Keenum due to the fact that he was surrounded by zero talent while under extreme pass rush.

I think they blamed him for some losses that were of course TEAM losses so it is hard for them to change gears and believe someone could play better when surrounded by another team or they just is developing at a different rate as all quarterbacks do of course.

Then of course the worst nightmare happened when he beat us so they have a chip on their shoulder about that as well.

But he beat us fair and square by leading his team to a victory.

And someone who's come that far, stuck with it and gone through the adversity that he has?
I have nothing but good things to say about him and you couldn't get me to point out any negatives at this point.

Congratulations Case.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This is my take... he's certainly not a bum... I know I never called him one, did you?

And, as your discussion shows, huge stats in college don't necessarily translate to NFL success, nor does where the guy went to school (division).
Said he had a noodle arm, but not a bum.
Keenum had 19k passing yards in NCAA, but did play 5 years....
How important are college stats?
Keenum- 19,217 yards
???- 17,491 yards

Who is that you ask??
Dan Marino
And Tom Brady
And Joe Montana
COMBINED