I really feel awful for the people in Hawaii

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I just looked at dozens on pictures of the destruction from the lava flow.

Having just gone through a wicked hurricane that stuff hits close to home for me these days. Many of these people will lose everything as lava swallows their home entirely and reduces their life to ashes.

I can't imagine watching a wall of lava slowly coming into my neighborhood and randomly flying out of the ground. It's got to be a helpless and scary thing.

@Selassie I I hope you don't have any family or friends in that area!

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I just looked at dozens on pictures of the destruction from the lava flow.

Having just gone through a wicked hurricane that stuff hits close to home for me these days. Many of these people will lose everything as lava swallows their home entirely and reduces their life to ashes.

I can't imagine watching a wall of lava slowly coming into my neighborhood and randomly flying out of the ground. It's got to be a helpless and scary thing.

@Selassie I I hope you don't have any family or friends in that area!

I don't have many on the Big Island where this stuff is happening. The active volcanic activity happens there... on the youngest island for the most part. The other islands are basically dormant.

I grew up on Oahu. Most of my friends and family live there or on Maui. They are safe.

Mahalos for asking Brudda Les.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Glad they are safe!!

Some of the videos look like Armageddon with lava belching out of the ground into the sky........holy shit it's insane!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I feel bad for them too. BUT-- doesn't common sense tell you that if you build a house below the low tide line, you're going to get flooded? or if you live on a fault line, you're house may get shook apart?

It amazes me that people choose to live in places that are dangerous. The hills above Malibu burn almost every summer, but they keep building house in those canyons and people move in, then lament when nature takes it course.

Given all that, living on the side of the most active volcano in the world, call me callous, but its kind of hard for me to feel too sorry for them.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
32472043_1600654850062475_3794372571135213568_n.jpg

Photographer CJ Kale waited over 5 years for the conditions to do this shot after 3 days in the 110 degree water swimming with lava bombs and volcanic glass covered on the beach in Hawaii.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
I feel bad for them too. BUT-- doesn't common sense tell you that if you build a house below the low tide line, you're going to get flooded? or if you live on a fault line, you're house may get shook apart?

It amazes me that people choose to live in places that are dangerous. The hills above Malibu burn almost every summer, but they keep building house in those canyons and people move in, then lament when nature takes it course.

Given all that, living on the side of the most active volcano in the world, call me callous, but its kind of hard for me to feel too sorry for them.

Dude.

The plains are tornado alley. Gulf states are hurricane central. Eastern seaboard has hurricanes and blizzards. And bone chilling cold and blizzards everywhere else.

People live where they are because they made their lives there. And when weather happens, they deal with it. They don't need sympathy or snarky cynicism..

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
32472043_1600654850062475_3794372571135213568_n.jpg

Photographer CJ Kale waited over 5 years for the conditions to do this shot after 3 days in the 110 degree water swimming with lava bombs and volcanic glass covered on the beach in Hawaii.

That is eerie and spectacular.......where did you find it and are there more?

Kevin

Pro Bowler

Yeah, that does sound callous.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah, that does sound callous.
I don’t know about callous. More that you trade where you live for what that land has the potential to give you. Cheap flood land is cheap for a reason. Malibu is Malibu and you take that chance as well. My sister lives in the foothills above Zuma Beach and she knows the danger of mud slides and fires. She has lived there for almost 40 years and has been lucky. But everyone needs and generally knows the risks of where they are living.

It’s hard for me to feel too sorry for those who build below a flood zone or build a house in an area where they are building on recent lava grounds near an active volcano.

I feel more sorry for those that have a highly unusual event destroy their life. I saw it in Portland when floods hit areas that had never been hit before.

That said, I dont think Bubba was saying he didnt feel bad for them as much as they simply knew the risks.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
That's funny..........you know the editor is getting poked fun at for missing that.

@RamFan503 did you see the womans comment in the article @Prime Time posted?

I had to laugh at that.......

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
800.jpeg

https://apnews.com/27e0e4aaceee4a70...tainty':-Hawaii-lava-reaches-sea,-injures-man

PAHOA, Hawaii (AP) — A volcano that is oozing, spewing and exploding on Hawaii’s Big Island has gotten more hazardous, sending rivers of molten rock pouring into the ocean Sunday and launching lava skyward that caused the first major injury.

The interaction of lava and seawater has created a cloud of steam laced with hydrochloric acid and fine glass particles that can irrigate the skin and eyes and cause breathing problems.

The lava haze, or “laze,” extended as far as 15 miles (24 kilometers) west of where the lava gushed into the ocean on the Big Island’s southern coast.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I deleted fb about 2 months ago. Since then, I’ve missed most news. I knew nothing about this. Terrible