I put my dog down today, yes it sucks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won’t go into the entirety of our situation. We enjoyed having Ahsoka Tano in our family for 9.5 years. Very long time for a Bernese Mountain Dog. She was definitely one of a kind. Today has hit me just as hard as losing my mom. This wonderful family member took me through some terrible times and gave back a tremendous amount to my son and I.

I just hope all of you pet owns have had the same joy and love we shared. Please share your stories, not here for sad days. Just wanted to share about our family member.

IMG_8191.jpeg
IMG_3383.jpeg
IMG_4079.jpeg
IMG_4059.jpeg
IMG_4016.jpeg
IMG_3969.jpeg
IMG_3848.jpeg
IMG_0488.jpeg
IMG_0124.jpeg

IMG_0827.jpeg

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
She looks like a beautiful dog. If you keep her in your heart, she'll never truly be gone. The good memories tend to outweigh the bad ones, you know?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I won’t go into the entirety of our situation. We enjoyed having Ahsoka Tano in our family for 9.5 years. Very long time for a Bernese Mountain Dog. She was definitely one of a kind. Today has hit me just as hard as losing my mom. This wonderful family member took me through some terrible times and gave back a tremendous amount to my son and I.

I just hope all of you pet owns have had the same joy and love we shared. Please share your stories, not here for sad days. Just wanted to share about our family member.

View attachment 60123View attachment 60124View attachment 60125View attachment 60126View attachment 60127View attachment 60128View attachment 60129View attachment 60130View attachment 60131
View attachment 60132
Dogs are a gift from God. The loss of a best friend is never easy.

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Sorry to hear it @Neil039. That's one of the most painful things we have to do as adults.

I'm sure your dog is thankful for the wonderful like your family gave, and has crossed the rainbow bridge and is chasing tennis balls.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Very sorry for your loss. She looked magnificent; and sounds like an amazing friend and companion.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Can’t tell you how bad I feel for you.
It’s the worst thing anyone ever has to go through in my opinion, period.

Obviously family members are different, but dogs hold a special place all their own in our lives, as they love unconditionally, and bring us a joy that just doesn’t exist anywhere else in this universe.

Sorry for being so wordy, and maybe a bit melodramatic, but it’s how I feel.

You’ll meet again when crossing the rainbow bridge.

And don’t have to tell you this, but what a gorgeous dog.

Cheers brother.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
That sucks man, I feel your pain. I remember my first dog getting cancer. In hindsight I should have put him down sooner than I did. I was in my early 30’s. It was a rough day.

Since then I had to do the same with my second dog due to cysts in her kidneys. Then my wife’s dogs that were from her first marriage. Both because they could no longer walk due to bad breeding.

Now we have two mini Australian shepherds. They are so endeared to our family that I get sick just thinking that the day will eventually come. My two kids will be a mess, especially with Diesel. He’s such a great dog

I’ve always had a way with dogs. They are drawn to me. I think I may have been a dog in a past life. :zany1:

Once you get over losing them though, you are left with great memories. They never really leave you. Getting a puppy a few weeks later helps with the transition.

Dusty, Bailey, Heidi and even my wife’s two dogs that I only knew a few years, Willis and Skippy, I miss them all. Well maybe not Willis, he was a PIA.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
What a gorgeous dog.

Reminds me that sometimes our society has more humane attitudes toward end-of-life care for animals than for humans. When any living being is suffering, it seems more humane to allow death to come swiftly and peacefully in the presence of loved ones.

Sorry for your loss, glad you have good memories.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I don't want to read it. I just can't.

I looked at her pics. Beautiful.

I just want to come say I am so sorry @Neil039. I hope you are able to hold onto those memories forever!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Sorry for your loss man. We recently had to put down our sheepdog (he was an Italian mix) after 14 years so I know precisely how you feel. It's the worst.

I have two other pups who are getting long in the years now as well. So I'm dreading it. One of them (my German Shepherd) has ear infection problems that won't go away and I am getting scared. The other, a smaller pup, is 12 I think so it's coming.

It's the worst. It is losing a member of your family. So my condolences.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Sorry for the loss, Neil. A couple of years ago, I had to put down my pit, Roo. Roo was 16. It was really hard, man. Harder than I thought it was going to be. They become so much a part of your life, and leave a big hole it it when they are gone. Sorry,man.

LouisvilleRam

Hall of Fame
It's tough we had to put our dog down last October. I was tearing up and crying like Dick Vermeil at a press conference. We waited about 5 months and got this bundle of energy ( Gizmo).
Screenshot_20230629-200850.png

Vapor

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Vapor
its hard losing a family member, they are family.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
Had to do the same thing earlier this spring. Very, very hard day. Our ol' dog was 15, gave us 15 great years, was constantly by my wifey's side -- kinda clingy, but she kept my wife (who has cptsd) company every day. Beautiful dog, always got compliments on her. She was a "giant schnoodle" (1/2 giant schnauzer, 1/2 standard poodle), 65 lbs, jet black shaggy hair, and the absolute best, sweetest disposition.
Still getting misty eyed about her.

RAMSinLA

Hall of Fame
I'm so sorry,
I just went through this myself with my Henry a Basset hound and part land shark lol . You will see your dog again. I really believe that.