I Propose a New Rule

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
It may ruin the game, but it's already ruined for me in a big way.

A less dramatic rule change- You can challenge any flag an infinite number of times as long as you have time outs.

A dramatic change that i would prefer- You can challenge any call on the field and any no call. You can challenge an infinite number of times as long as you have time outs.

It's time to get this shite right. My football fandom has taken a huge hit this season. I've never been so pissed off at the NFL. The league is shattered, not broken. It's worse than its been in the 15 years I've been a part of it.

Last edited:

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I actually propose fewer rules, especially some of the "safety" rules (and non-enforcement of some as well) which are ruining the game by trying to use the rulebook to eliminate unavoidable occupational hazards.

I also propose that the NFL on a weekly basis release the grades of all officials and every play they were graded on.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Here's another rule; after a game is over every play is scrutinized by a committee of retired refs and players. Refs are fined for penalties they should have called but didn't and for penalties they called but shouldn't have. Then the results are published for all to see.

Athos

Legend
I think we should be able to throw our own flags, whenever we want. Team driving on you? Nail them with a 15 yard penalty of your choosing.

Kick return TD? Throw a flag for a phantom block in the back.

QB complete a 3rd down pass? Throw a fucking grounding flag because, shit, I GD said so.

And you exchange TOs for those flags.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame
Here's another rule; after a game is over every play is scrutinized by a committee of retired refs and players. Refs are fined for penalties they should have called but didn't and for penalties they called but shouldn't have. Then the results are published for all to see.

Genius!

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
I have been beating the drum about fining refs for bad calls. Right now there is no accountability for these clowns and some of the horseshit penalties being called. I know being a referee is a tough job, but they need to be held accountable just as coaches and players. It also seems this is an area the league spends the least amount of dollars on and it is one of the most important for the integrity of the game. Right now Goodell should be embarrassed about the continued lack of quality referees.

LosAngelesRams

Hall of Fame

Ray Lewis was pissed after the game when they brought up the PI call I think.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I have been beating the drum about fining refs for bad calls. Right now there is no accountability for these clowns and some of the horseshit penalties being called. I know being a referee is a tough job, but they need to be held accountable just as coaches and players. It also seems this is an area the league spends the least amount of dollars on and it is one of the most important for the integrity of the game. Right now Goodell should be embarrassed about the continued lack of quality referees.

There are simply too many rules, and too many of the rules are based on judgment calls. When you have that, you have a system that's far more open to incompetence, malice, or both. Right now the NFL is turning into the NBA.

Philly5

Rookie
With all the grading of each player on each play, how can the officials not get the same scrutiny made public? We should know how the Rams net out in lost yardage and points on bogus calls compared to the teams we play. I bet a formula like that would be shockingly consistent depending on the team.