I Predict a Super Wet Charlotte Game

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
I've been studying Hurricane Dorian & it's future path & rainfall & North Carolina is a major Rainfall state before this ever growing storm ever exits the scene. I feel the game WILL be played and a tarp placed as over a foot of rain will drop around & over our first away game. Praying no flooding in our area occurs as storm will increase in size & drop on South Carolina first before it reaches it's largest size & drops at least a foot of rain on Charlotte .This storm will be around & still dropping precip leading up to & most likely also during our first real game. This whole event will be a record breaker & I feel sure the field will be covered up until gametime. & game will still be in major timeframe to be in major rainfall next Sunday. If you live in Charlotte please give us a heads up on field crew history. This event will still be very active after growing & lasting longer than many will have ever thought it would but this storm will stall many times before it's last drop falls. I forsee no winds to effect the game as they are trying to prognosticate all weather up the east coast this & next week. I'm sure McVay will know by then he will be most likely playing in rain by then & adjusting our gameplan. Lots of passes & runs to the young Stanford grad will probably make up our biggest issues in this game. Hope Rapp has a great day tackling the talented ex Cardinal as he might have even played him at Washington. U.

Last edited:

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
I've been studying Hurricane Dorian & it's future path & rainfall & North Carolina is a major Rainfall state before this ever growing storm ever exits the scene. I feel the game WILL be played and a tarp placed as over a foot of rain will drop around & over our first away game. Praying no flooding in our area occurs as storm will increase in size & drop on South Carolina first before it reaches it's largest size & drops at least a foot of rain on Charlotte .This storm will be around & still dropping precip leading up to & most likely also during our first real game. This whole event will be a record breaker & I feel sure the field will be covered up until gametime. & game will still be in major timeframe to be in major rainfall next Sunday. If you live in Charlotte please give us a heads up on field crew history. This event will still be very active after growing & lasting longer than many will have ever thought it would but this storm will stall many times before it's last drop falls. I forsee no winds to effect the game as they are trying to prognosticate all weather up the east coast this & next week. I'm sure McVay will know by then he will be most likely playing in rain by then & adjusting our gameplan. Lots of passes & runs to the young Stanford grad will probably make up our biggest issues in this game. Hope Rapp has a great day tackling the talented ex Cardinal as he might have even played him at Washington. U.
Currently Charlotte is barely in the cone of the projected models. Not foreseeing a foot of rain.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Currently Charlotte is barely in the cone of the projected models. Not foreseeing a foot of rain.

It's heading there

EDVLHK7U8AMyqD-.png

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Ok. Maybe I am missing it. Charlotte is western NC. Based on your own graphic Charlotte is literally on the very left edge of the cone. That gives it maybe a 20 percent chance of a tropical storm.

Just read an article in the Charlotte Observer... Talked about that Central NC, which is where Charlotte is, could get 6 inches of rain or more.

Could hit as late as Wednesday or Thursday depend ng how slow it moves. But, sure it should dry out by Sunday

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought I read just a bit ago it'd turned into the Gulf and was heading towards Georgia not up the east coast.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Current forecast is the border of SC and NC. Which is way east of Charlotte.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
Talked about that Central NC, which is where Charlotte is, could get 6 inches of rain or more.

Charlotte isn't central NC, it's more southwestern than central. Central would be Raleigh.

Charlotte currently has only a 29% chance of rain on kickoff Sunday. Womp womp.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Charlotte isn't central NC, it's more southwestern than central. Central would be Raleigh.

Charlotte currently has only a 29% chance of rain on kickoff Sunday. Womp womp.

I think the concern is flooding during the week leading up to it.

BTW, 24 hours ago Florida was supposed to be hit head on, and you are relying on a forecast a week out?

Good luck with that.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler

BTW, 24 hours ago Florida was supposed to be hit head on, and you are relying on a forecast a week out?

Good luck with that.
No offense but what weather forecast are you relying on? Most all have Charlotte out of the cone..

Zodi

Hall of Fame

Good luck with that.

Yeah, you need rain for it to flood, and it doesn't appear that Charlotte is going to get hit hard, if at all.

I'm a truck driver-- I'm always watching the weather, all over the country. I have family in the Charleston, SC area so I'm always hyper aware of hurricanes. The current model has been known as a possibility for a while. I would wager the storm continues to take a more eastern path once it makes "landfall" in Florida. The lowcountry of SC will probably take the brunt of it.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Yeah, you need rain for it to flood, and it doesn't appear that Charlotte is going to get hit hard, if at all.

I'm a truck driver-- I'm always watching the weather, all over the country. I have family in the Charleston, SC area so I'm always hyper aware of hurricanes. The current model has been known as a possibility for a while. I would wager the storm continues to take a more eastern path once it makes landfall in Florida.

You need to follow closer. It's not supposed to make landfall in Florida anymore.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
You need to follow closer. It's not supposed to make landfall in Florida anymore.

Just because the eye isn't going to move over Florida doesn't mean they're not going to be impacted. I put quotations around "landfall" in my post. The Jacksonville area will most likely get a ton of rain and heavy winds.

Let this not distract you from the fact that Charlotte is still not getting any of it, in any projection available. womp womp

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
Current forecast is high of 89° with 10% chance of rain. I live 80 miles northwest of Charlotte. All of the warnings are for about 200 miles east of here. It appears I'm going to be dry and hot in the sunny side of BOA stadium next week.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
Well, just in case, I hope our QB practices with the gloves on this week. Nothing like rain to make something rusty get rustier.