I need your help, guys!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

joeybittick

Rookie
Hey guys,

My cousin has an awesome idea for an invention that could make your smart phone even better. He has a provisional patent and has submitted the idea to a website. If he gets 200 votes, they will consider his invention and possibly help him get it made.

If you have two minutes, please go here http://www.quirky.com/invent/668789 and vote for his invention. If you don't vote through facebook you have to register for the site, but it is very easy and only takes about 30 seconds.

He has found a way to make a small, portable projector case that attaches to an iPhone and allows you to project the image on your iPhone onto any surface. It seems like it would be great for car rides or could even replace the TV in your bedroom. So vote for his idea, please.

Thanks everyone.

http://www.quirky.com/invent/668789

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Does he have a prototype where he can video him using?

If yes, then perhaps he should think about just posting the idea on Kickstarter.com and raising the money to make it himself. Just promise the first 500 people who invest the right to buy the first ones off the production line.

I remember a girl, who had invented a toddler toy, needed to raise $500K to pay for tooling and production of first 1,500 units, and she offered the first 1000 participants a free unit. So, basically they were buying it in advance, and I think they got a T-shirt along with their investment. Anyway, that money gave her the ability to get a contract producer up and running. She did a really nice video of kids using a prototype unit, which clearly showed the product's benefits.

Could be worth a try. All he'd need to do is get a few of the Silicon Valley tech blogs to run a story on his product, start getting some tweet activity, and I think there are enough super tech nerds out there that this thing would take off via word of mouth.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, I voted but before I voted it said 132 votes needed and after I voted it still says 132 votes needed?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ok, I voted but before I voted it said 132 votes needed and after I voted it still says 132 votes needed?

Me too. Not sure when your vote shows as counted or if it's rigged. Looks like a pretty cool idea though. You might want to suggest to him that if he hasn't already, he should get his plans post marked or notarized.

joeybittick

Rookie
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks guys!

Sorry I haven't gotten to respond in the last couple days, been busy here (as usual).

I will pass along your feedback to him. He has a provisional patent and has had his plans notorized, but I don't think he got a post mark, good idea. I will suggest to him about the video and kickstarter. It seems like something that might be worth trying to kickstart to me. Apparently it works really well, the only issue is it doesn't work well in day light, but I am sure there are ways to get around that.

Thanks again!