"I Need Therapy" ~ Rich Eisen

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Now that we've all recovered from the Rams losing to the formerly 0-13 New York Jets...
nQwrm8L.png

We must look at the comedy gold, represented by Rich Eisen. I watch Rich's videos because I like his style. So I have
enjoyed his comforting fellow Jets fans as they suffered loss after loss, "At least we are one step towards getting
Trevor Lawrence with the number one overall pick." he said (or something similarly). Like all fans who's team was
in danger of 0-16, they comfort themselves with the pick of the litter in the next draft. Most of us reason that way
while a few purists insist on trying to win every game, even if it costs you the #1 pick. It's hilarious to watch
Eisen do the barely supressed rage thing, as he described the "most Jets thing, ever..."

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPjZf6c7SU

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Now that we've all recovered from the Rams losing to the formerly 0-13 New York Jets...
nQwrm8L.png

We must look at the comedy gold, represented by Rich Eisen. I watch Rich's videos because I like his style. So I have
enjoyed his comforting fellow Jets fans as they suffered loss after loss, "At least we are one step towards getting
Trevor Lawrence with the number one overall pick." he said (or something similarly). Like all fans who's team was
in danger of 0-16, they comfort themselves with the pick of the litter in the next draft. Most of us reason that way
while a few purists insist on trying to win every game, even if it costs you the #1 pick. It's hilarious to watch
Eisen do the barely supressed rage thing, as he described the "most Jets thing, ever..."

So Rich is a Jests fan?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
nQwrm8L.png

Good watch.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I couldn’t watch the Eisen video. Just hits too close to home.

I’m a diehard Rams fan, and the decade of the ‘90s was so painful. Luckily we were rewarded with the GSOT.

However, the punishing period from 2005 to 2016 was even more brutal. It’s hard enough to keep hope alive for 2 or 3 years... or 5... or 8... or a full decade... but TWELVE seasons of futility? Gimme a break.

So yeah, when I see a thread entitled “I’m done” in the Jets forum, TBH I can’t even enjoy the schadenfreude. It’s just too painful. I know the feeling all too well. The Jets are f@@ked, and there’s no end in sight.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
He needs therapy for sure. But so do we and the Jets fans probably need it the most. I'd be livid if I was a Jets fan.

And btw we have been there. Not a lot of teams who have had as poor a decade as the Rams in the 90s. Just about as bad as it can get. So I know how they feel to have a team that is so bad that they can't even F a season up right.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
I believe in fate. Has not let me down yet.

The number two choice is just as good as number one.

But trade it for Jamal Ramsey. A true number one.

Bad week, I have personally had a number of bad weeks. But come out on top.

GO RAMS!!!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I couldn’t watch the Eisen video. Just hits too close to home.

I’m a diehard Rams fan, and the decade of the ‘90s was so painful. Luckily we were rewarded with the GSOT.

However, the punishing period from 2005 to 2016 was even more brutal. It’s hard enough to keep hope alive for 2 or 3 years... or 5... or 8... or a full decade... but TWELVE seasons of futility? Gimme a break.

So yeah, when I see a thread entitled “I’m done” in the Jets forum, TBH I can’t even enjoy the schadenfreude. It’s just too painful. I know the feeling all too well. The Jets are f@@ked, and there’s no end in sight.

It's pretty good,you are missing out. You end up liking Eisen even more...

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I've really enjoyed Rich's style ever since the NFL Network first came aboard. This is great stuff. Obviously pro sports have done away with that coin flip chance and used more of a determining factor in strength of schedule (or lack of) to determine things. Not a fan of over-stats at all, but that coin flip, wow.... so much hanging on a remote chance. But that's what turned some teams' history. A single coin flip. Bizarre when you really think about it, and how it could've easily gone the other way.

Ellard80

Legend
lol yeah i feel his pain.. being a Rams fan.

Just like sunday - the utterly horrible happens way too much.

tempests

Hall of Fame
More crybaby Jets fan bulls---. They missed out on Peyton Manning too. Could've had Orlando Pace as a consolation prize but traded away to the Rams because they couldn't see past it. You make the most of the opportunity the draft provides.

Any fans that root for their own team to lose, do not deserve Trevor Lawrence.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
More crybaby Jets fan bulls---. They missed out on Peyton Manning too. Could've had Orlando Pace as a consolation prize but traded away to the Rams because they couldn't see past it. You make the most of the opportunity the draft provides.

ml3QUe3.png

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
He needs therapy for sure. But so do we and the Jets fans probably need it the most. I'd be livid if I was a Jets fan.

And btw we have been there. Not a lot of teams who have had as poor a decade as the Rams in the 90s. Just about as bad as it can get. So I know how they feel to have a team that is so bad that they can't even F a season up right.

We had fewer wins from 2006-2015 than even Cleveland. We had the fewest wins of ANY team in the NFL over that decade. Man did it suck.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack

The facts do not bear this out.

Trevor Lawrence is one of FOUR QBs coming out of college that have been rated where he’s at with the advanced football IQ and exemplary skill set. The other me are John Elway, Peyton Manning, and Andrew Luck. The first two are HoFers and Luck would have been a 1st ballot HoFer if he had played longer.

This guy is as guaranteed as guaranteed gets. With their existing OL and even a rookie RB, their offense with an offensive HC would be top 15 from the jump and they could spend most of the rest of their bevy of picks on defense.

Watch the Jags over the next decade and you’ll see what I mean.

The point is that the Jets have found ways of screwing up the draft in the past and this was a can’t miss, franchise changing pick and... they screwed it up.

In most years I’d agree with you and Herm Edwards that “you play to win the game”. However, when faced with a chance to get a guy the likes of which have only been available FOUR TIMES since 1967... you don’t.

And for all the Jets players who are celebrating this win, I hope the pride they feel rn sustains them through a decade of losing because that’s what’s coming.

tempests

Hall of Fame
The facts do not bear this out.

There aren't that many facts about how Trevor Lawrence's NFL career is going to turn out. A lot of hype and speculation, that's for sure. Andrew Luck might've been a HOFer; if he had better health, and if he had gone somewhere other than Indy. Those five Super Bowl wins Irsay thought he would get for them didn't quite happen.

And for all the Jets players who are celebrating this win, I hope the pride they feel rn sustains them through a decade of losing because that’s what’s coming.

Yeah, I don't think so. Their stupid FA contracts to players like Trumaine Johnson, Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosely are hamstringing them and they haven't put a team around Darnold. Clean up their FO, make smart decisions in the draft and they'll be just fine. The Patriots aren't in the way anymore.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
There aren't that many facts about how Trevor Lawrence's NFL career is going to turn out. A lot of hype and speculation, that's for sure. Andrew Luck might've been a HOFer; if he had better health, and if he had gone somewhere other than Indy. Those five Super Bowl wins Irsay thought he would get for them didn't quite happen.

Yeah, I don't think so. Their stupid FA contracts to players like Trumaine Johnson, Le'Veon Bell and CJ Mosely are hamstringing them and they haven't put a team around Darnold. Clean up their FO, make smart decisions in the draft and they'll be just fine. The Patriots aren't in the way anymore.

The Johnsons are bad owners and it would take a coach who wouldn't ordinarily go to the Jets along with a transcendent QB to get them going as the Rex Ryan plan doesn't work anymore.

They had that chance and blew it.

Guarantee that the Jets job without Lawrence went from the best to worst job out there. Guarantee.

Watch for the stories that start showing available people saying they're not interested in the Jets job.

The Jets situation reminds me of the Rams under Georgia... /wretch. Bad owner that got a HC she wouldn't ordinarily have gotten (in Vermeil's case he was coming back from burnout) and a serendipity that you can simply never plan for.

We'll see how it plays out, but I'd be shocked if the Jets futility doesn't continue for another decade while the Jags pretty quickly turn things around... especially now that Coughlin is gone.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
I need therapy lol

Isn't that most of us ?

Happy Holidays to all.