I just had a Thought! / Brain Fart!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I just had this thought, or what we call, in my family, a ' Brain Fart! What's more important this week-end than just adding to our Win Total!!?!
ANSWER: Winning this game For the Playoff "Seeding" This game against the Viqueens, and the games against the Aint's, and the Eagles will determine who has the #1 seed, and Home Field thru-out the playoff!
Even though the Rams are proven " Road Warriors" I want them to play all there games at home!!
Any thoughts on this!!?!

fearsomefour

Legend
I just had this thought, or what we call, in my family, a ' Brain Fart! What's more important this week-end than just adding to our Win Total!!?!
ANSWER: Winning this game For the Playoff "Seeding" This game against the Viqueens, and the games against the Aint's, and the Eagles will determine who has the #1 seed, and Home Field thru-out the playoff!
Even though the Rams are proven " Road Warriors" I want them to play all there games at home!!
Any thoughts on this!!?!
Yep.
Biggest game the Rams have played in a decade or so. That number 1 or 2 seed is huge because not only do you play at home you have to win two games to go to the SB instead of three.
Those games are tough sledding for sure and the NFC is stacked up at the top.

551staaa

Unsubstantiated Reality
This is a BIG game on many levels. Division lead, playoff seeding, "are we for real?" game, and most important to all of us who have suffered through the last decade, that magical win number eight. And to have eight wins with six games left, oh hell yeah! Plus, for all of us old timers who remember the 60s and 70s there's nothing much sweeter than a win over the Vikings. Can I get an amen on that?

fearsomefour

Legend
This is a BIG game on many levels. Division lead, playoff seeding, "are we for real?" game, and most important to all of us who have suffered through the last decade, that magical win number eight. And to have eight wins with six games left, oh hell yeah! Plus, for all of us old timers who remember the 60s and 70s there's nothing much sweeter than a win over the Vikings. Can I get an amen on that?
I wasn't there for the 60's....don't remember the 70's before 79......but....
AMEN!!

VeteranRamFan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Dale

AMEN, Brother! Testify!

socalrams90

Starter
Exactly! We can solidify a top 2 seed with a bye as a result of winning these and on the other hand get out of contention just as easy if we lose a lot. Owning the tie breakers on all of these teams will be huge.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Big game yes, but not putting everything on this one. Will be a tough match up on the road in that environment. I hope they play well though win or lose. If they lose then win the next 2 and at 9-3 they will still be in great shape heading into the Eagle game.

So just stepping back looking at big picture. Hopefully the Falcons step up on Monday and lend a hand as well.

As for seeding, not sure 1 overall is as critical because whoever the one seed is could easily lose their divisional match up. You could have the Vikes or Saints go into Philly (if they are the 1 seed) and win.

Now, definitely need that 2 seed though... tough to win back to back road games against top seeds without getting that week off bye before the divisional round.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
AMEN my brother!!!!!!!

RamsOfCastamere

I drink things, and know nothing
I'm going to preemptively knock on wood...

Hypothetically speaking, if we get a first round bye and then lose the divisional, is that better than winning a wild card matchup and then losing the next round? Which scenario will feel better? I'm not sure, but I really want that playoff win.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Well, we’ve certainly come a long way this year, haven't we?

Last summer most of us would have been thrilled with a winning record. A 9-7 record sounded so wonderful and sounded like such a challenging goal.

I myself thought 10-6 was attainable, but would be a strain. Many (on 2 boards) snickered at my 10-6 projection.

Playoff talk was met with some derision.

Winning the division? That was the Impossible Dream!

But look at us now!

We are having legit discussions about not only winning the division, but doing so with a 12-4 record. Home field throughout the playoffs is a possibility that few now laugh at.

Even the SB is a possibility if a few things break right for the Rams.

All that is a helluva lot of progress for a 4-12 team in ‘16.

Pinch me!

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
The most difficult part is we are tailing all the other division leaders in conference wins. That makes these games more crucial to us than to them.

Also, we can’t sleep on Seattle. The road game against the Seachickens is still the most important game left. It doesn’t matter what our record is if we are tied with Seattle and have lost the head-to-head games, we drop to a wildcard. Most people will laugh at this but Seattle is every referee’s favorite team so never count them out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seattle is every referee’s favorite team so never count them out.
I don't know why this is true, but it sure seems to be!! The rams have to go in there and "Completely Dominate them"! The Legion of Boom is Busted, with Sherman and Chancellor out for the Season, and Thomas dinged-up, we can do it!!

A55VA6

Legend
Conference games are huge for playoff seeding. Gotta win these NFC games.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Does a brain fart qualify as a thought @DaveFan'51? :p

Yeah home field would be pretty sweet, even just being 2nd seed and getting a bye with a home game would be amazing. Looking at our remaining sched it's hard to imagine we end up being that team, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

NFC is one of the most stacked conferences I've seen for the playoffs in a long, long time. Strong defenses and run games abound, plus some offensive potency mixed in with all of them. IMO the Super Bowl this year will be the NFC Championship game.

Ramon Ram

Starter
Plus, for all of us old timers who remember the 60s and 70s there's nothing much sweeter than a win over the Vikings. Can I get an amen on that?

Did we get a win over them in those years? My mind is stuck on the loss when we were 11-0 in 69 and then the playoff loss that same year and then stuck on the mud bowl. Don't remember any wins in those years only those losses. Do remember the playoff win by GSOT

This would be a nice regular season win.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Does a brain fart qualify as a thought @DaveFan'51? :p

Yeah home field would be pretty sweet, even just being 2nd seed and getting a bye with a home game would be amazing. Looking at our remaining sched it's hard to imagine we end up being that team, but I certainly wouldn't rule it out.

NFC is one of the most stacked conferences I've seen for the playoffs in a long, long time. Strong defenses and run games abound, plus some offensive potency mixed in with all of them. IMO the Super Bowl this year will be the NFC Championship game.
I definitely agree, who ever Win the NFC Championship will be the SB Champ!! And right now I'm betting it will be between the Eagles and the Rams!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Plus, for all of us old timers who remember the 60s and 70s there's nothing much sweeter than a win over the Vikings. Can I get an amen on that?

My pops hated the Vikes like nobody's business. Dallas too. Funny how that era produced such a different vibe than it did for myself, who really started paying attention to the home team from the 80s on. So my biggest hatred is of course the 9ers who $hit on us through the 80s, and I strongly dislike the teams like the Skins who were those playoff enemies that were better coached.

Sure feels nice to know we have elite coaching on both sides of the ball. It's a very, very small group of teams that can claim that.

RocknRam29

Live, Love, Laugh, & Learn
During this time of the season, it's nice to be looking forward to big games like the ones coming up that will have playoff implications. Normally by this time of the season we're talking about next year's draft, who we should sign or let go, etc...

Last edited:

RAMS1083

UDFA
Name
L.T
I definitely agree, who ever Win the NFC Championship will be the SB Champ!! And right now I'm betting it will be between the Eagles and the Rams!

That's why I say it now, the LOSER of the Rams and Eagles WILL play in the Superbowl, If they meet in NFC playoffs. Its hard to beat a team twice unless in division. If u think about it over the past decade or 2, if two teams met in the regular season and the loser of the regular season ALWAYS won in playoffs or the Superbowl if they met in playoffs or the Superbowl. Go all the way back to the 99 Rams and Titans.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Any thoughts on this!!?!

I think the saying "defense travels" is true and so does the run game. Plus only the Eagles would be outdoors, and the Rams OL can handle a bad field I think.

As a child I was upset a few times about the Vikings beating the Rams. When they faced off in the 1999 playoffs I got my "revenge".

Many (on 2 boards) snickered at my 10-6 projection.

@Rams43 you predict 10-6 every year.......I love ya, yer beyutiful, don't go changin'...........but you would predict 10-6 halfway through a 4-12 season LOL.

I love the positive outlook and it looks like this year you beat us all to the punch.

The road game against the Seachickens is still the most important game left.

The Eagles game could be more critical because it's looking like the Seahawks won't be tying the Rams for the division.