I have one question: does what you fear make sense?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
C'mon, you fear lots of stuff! Like a radiation alarm going off in a nuclear submarine...or bending over to pick up soap in a Super Max prison (Don't we all, eh @Merlin ?).

Of course almost all of us think the Super Bowl was worth it and have said as much during the last putrid year. But we also remember falling off a cliff after Super Bowl 36 with poor drafting and poor coaching. It's getting to be less of an excuse in the second year after winning a Super Bowl, because that mulligan doesn't work anymore. The holes are numerous on the team and we don't have a 1st rounder with which to trade AND we don't have money to blow on high priced FA's.

I think concern is warranted.

I fear them waking me up for field day or drills far more than I fear the radiation alarm ;)

I get what you're saying about falling off a cliff after SB 36, but I also know we have a much, much better organization now than we did then. McVay, for whatever his flaws, has enough self-awareness and humility to know he has flaws, whereas Martz was always wanting to show the world what a genius he was, which is why he doubled and tripled down on the crazy after he lost to NE.

As far as ownership, Kroenke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whoregia.

Snead is a pretty good GM, and Demoff has been a great team president. We don't have clowns like that faux-macho "throat slasher" dork in the building anymore either.

We may have another down year, but with this current org, I think the chances of us entering another instance of The Great Suck are far less.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I fear them waking me up for field day or drills far more than I fear the radiation alarm ;)

I get what you're saying about falling off a cliff after SB 36, but I also know we have a much, much better organization now than we did then. McVay, for whatever his flaws, has enough self-awareness and humility to know he has flaws, whereas Martz was always wanting to show the world what a genius he was, which is why he doubled and tripled down on the crazy after he lost to NE.

As far as ownership, Kroenke >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whoregia.

Snead is a pretty good GM, and Demoff has been a great team president. We don't have clowns like that faux-macho "throat slasher" dork in the building anymore either.

We may have another down year, but with this current org, I think the chances of us entering another instance of The Great Suck are far less.
I notice you ignored the soap Super Max prison reference. Talk to @Merlin . He will alleviate your fears

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The Phantom Menace Fear GIF by Star Wars

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I notice you ignored the soap Super Max prison reference. Talk to @Merlin . He will alleviate your fears
Thankfully I have no experience in such things. Though I did do some time in Juvie but it was like a country club I am sure compared to the big house.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Sonar techs only shower alone, hence the lack of fear.

Plus, I could barely fit into a submarine shower even when I was young and skinny ;)

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If the Rams are gonna be competitive its gonna have to be on the offensive side. Score points and you have a chance to win. The only way they can do that is to shore up the offensive line. And keep Stafford healthy. Resources are limited. Focus on the line. Fix that and see what you have left to address other areas.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If the Rams are gonna be competitive its gonna have to be on the offensive side. Score points and you have a chance to win. The only way they can do that is to shore up the offensive line. And keep Stafford healthy. Resources are limited. Focus on the line. Fix that and see what you have left to address other areas.
Easiest way to be solid is to have a very good offense and try to improve the pass rush. So even if the D has holes, if the offense can put points up, at least an above avg pass rush can help close out games.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
So even if the D has holes, if the offense can put points up, at least an above avg pass rush can help close out games.
A good pass rush covers a lot. 4.7 DBs only have to cover for 2.0. :thumbsup1:

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I’m speaking both directly to some of you here, as well as rhetorically to Rams fans at large.

I know what you fear. You fear that the Rams are planning a purge that, in essence, trades short term potential (i.e. the 2023 season) for long-term stability. Such an approach would not be unheard of, of course. Many teams have taken such an approach in the past.

My question, though, is whether it makes sense that this would be the Rams’ plan right now?

Here’s why I think it does not make sense. Sean McVay (potential burnout and opportunities in sports media), Matthew Stafford (age, wear and tear) and Aaron Donald (age, little left to accomplish) seem to be on a year-to-year status right now. If that is the case, and the franchise knows it, wouldn’t it make far more sense for the current plan to be DO EVERYTHING POSSIBLE TO WIN NOW, rather than some cap health/long game approach?

If that argument makes sense to you, then follow the logic trail. It will lead you to the conclusion that the “purge” rumored to be taking place will be followed by some strategic acquisitions calculated to put the Rams in a position to compete NOW.

That doesn’t mean the plan will succeed but, at least, it allows for hope, rather than resignation.

So… be patient. They’re cracking some eggs… let’s see how the omelette turns out.

Just IMO of course. The window is still open for the Rams to compete for a championship. The pillars are still there but the O line needs to be fixed and then the obvious shortcomings such as Allen Robinson must either improve or be traded for someone who contributes. We need a decent inside linebacker and an edge who can put pressure on the QB. We have some draft capital but free agency is likely to fill the gaps.

I think Ramsey stays another season if the Rams plan to make another run at the title. I don't see McVay wanting to rebuild.