I gotta be honest, I'm a bit antsy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was reading all the comments in here about the playoffs before the Seattle game and who people wanted/thought we'd get.

And I was thinking, I just want to make the playoffs, we still have a bunch of teams who are capable of tripping us up., I daren't get involved in this

I thought last night was going to be the easiest game and we won by 10, but it's impossible to ignore we got two very favourable calls and it took some Stafford/Cupp genius to pull it out.

Since losing to Green Bay, the Jags were awful, the Cards were pretty bad and the Seahawks played ok, but it's not like they're a good team and Wilson just looked off.

I'm not a glass half-empty kinda guy, I just have this nagging feeling we're not as good as we need to be to make a real run.

Just think of me as your youngest kid who has to go to the dentist and has all the mental strength of a kitten who has been relentlessly beaten senseless by its owner using another kitten as the weapon, and that's me at the moment.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
I was reading all the comments in here about the playoffs before the Seattle game and who people wanted/thought we'd get.

And I was thinking, I just want to make the playoffs, we still have a bunch of teams who are capable of tripping us up., I daren't get involved in this

I thought last night was going to be the easiest game and we won by 10, but it's impossible to ignore we got two very favourable calls and it took some Stafford/Cupp genius to pull it out.

Since losing to Green Bay, the Jags were awful, the Cards were pretty bad and the Seahawks played ok, but it's not like they're a good team and Wilson just looked off.

I'm not a glass half-empty kinda guy, I just have this nagging feeling we're not as good as we need to be to make a real run.

Just think of me as your youngest kid who has to go to the dentist and has all the mental strength of a kitten who has been relentlessly beaten senseless by its owner using another kitten as the weapon, and that's me at the moment.
I feel the same way to some degree. its been tough on all the players and all the teams that have to now play with a handy cap. so yeah not totally convinced we wont drop one. however I think any team that wins this week that has a chance, cant lose another game to the super bowl game. question is ? which team is going unbeaten? go rams.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Good post.

It seems to me that we’re going to be challenged in every game, with no easy ones.

Protocols robbed the team of practice and will again this week.
The Viking game will be a bastard.
But, the Rams have the horses to win all the rest.

Expect to stay on the edge of your seat!

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'm not a glass half-empty kinda guy
iu

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams = 20 plus players on th COViD list. The pract8ce facility is shut down and it’s all virtual learning BS for a physical sport. Meanwhile, the coaching staff is preparing TWO game plans, cuz our next game is coming fast. Our team did no actual training for the Seahawks game, while Petey schooled his boys up because we were their Super Bowl. Man, cut our guys some lack, why dontcha?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

The Rams beat the Bucs and Colts. Best of all we finally saw McVay alter his offense in response to how it’s been defended. That’s a huge plus.

The biggest test will be week 17. They get over the 49er hump and the sky is the limit. Having a team that you cannot beat has to be an obstacle mentally. It would be great to see them going into the playoffs with a huge win.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Rams = 20 plus players on th COViD list. The pract8ce facility is shut down and it’s all virtual learning BS for a physical sport. Meanwhile, the coaching staff is preparing TWO game plans, cuz our next game is coming fast. Our team did no actual training for the Seahawks game, while Petey schooled his boys up because we were their Super Bowl. Man, cut our guys some lack, why dontcha?
Cut them some slack?

Sorry, I didn't know they were in here reading this and taking me saying I was nervous to heart.

I thought it was a football forum for adults just exchanging opinions.

I was basing my *concern* on the last 7 or so games, not on what happened just this week.

Hopefully, my concern is unwarranted. Because if we win the Lombardi I won't be asking you to cut me some slack if you come back and tell me I'm a stupid bastard.

@Mojo Ram - Yeh, I'm actually a very optimistic person about almost everything other than my sports teams. Other than in 99/2000 my sports teams have done nothing but lose year in year out. When I follow 3 teams that's a lot of smashed optimism over almost half a decade.

RamUK

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Enjoy the ride my friend....there is no reason we cant beat anyone in the NFL, thats what makes it fun....
Yeh, don't get me wrong, I know we *could* do it if everything clicks. If I didn't think we could I wouldn't be antsy.

The only thing I ever got antsy over in the Fisher era was wondering how he'd fuck the draft up.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cut them some slack?

Sorry, I didn't know they were in here reading this and taking me saying I was nervous to heart.

I thought it was a football forum for adults just exchanging opinions.

I was basing my *concern* on the last 7 or so games, not on what happened just this week.

Hopefully, my concern is unwarranted. Because if we win the Lombardi I won't be asking you to cut me some slack if you come back and tell me I'm a stupid bastard.

@Mojo Ram - Yeh, I'm actually a very optimistic person about almost everything other than my sports teams. Other than in 99/2000 my sports teams have done nothing but lose year in year out. When I follow 3 teams that's a lot of smashed optimism over almost half a decade.
Or don’t cut them some slack. I’m just saying that expecting a high level performance with all of the challenges they faced in even fielding a team, might warrant some consideration.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I feel the same way to some degree. its been tough on all the players and all the teams that have to now play with a handy cap. so yeah not totally convinced we wont drop one. however I think any team that wins this week that has a chance, cant lose another game to the super bowl game. question is ? which team is going unbeaten? go rams.
seems a little hard fetched.

The Rams could lose out & still make a Super Bowl run almost as much as the other way of winning out ?

The way I see it is who will The Rams play in the Playoffs. The Green Bay game sticks out as the biggest,but toughest team lose going to HB.That is where it ended last season. Beady threw like 3 picks in GB & made it to the SuperBowl?

As crazy as I posted up on Top. The Niners at home is probably the biggest game of the season.

Then again if The Rams clinch a playoff spot do they let the 9ers win to rest players. Lmao.

Ellard80

Legend

Trying to look at what you think are "good" victories or "bad" victories or judging games based on margin of victories is misguided.

Seattle beat the 49ners a couple weeks ago and the 49ners are one of the hotter teams in the nfl - trying to base wins on who won what... complete waste of time.

I think the Packers are probably the best team right now in the nfl.. but they barely beat the Ravens with their back up QB....

The Rams absolutely have a good enough team to go all the way.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG
One thing to come out of this, I expect, is that coaches will have a better understanding of what reserves they have and how well they can perform in a big league game. In that regard, this has been useful to put some backups in and to see how they function. That has to pay dividends down the stretch.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The Rams absolutely have a good enough team to go all the way.
Agree but there are six really good teams in the NFC right now. Definitely the stronger Conference in my opinion.

It’s going to be a rough road through the Playoffs.

Match-ups, health (including COVID) could be huge factors.

Some seasons, it seems like a quality team gets a Wild Card bye, has a big advantage in the Divisional Round and has just one really tough game to get to the Super Bowl. Not this season in the NFC.

Except for the top-two seeds who will get a bye (#1 seed) or face the seventh/final seeded-team (#2 seed), the other four teams (seeds 3-6) figure to have three challenging games just to get to the Super Bowl.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When they’re hot they’re hot and you know the rest. If Stafford has time , he can slice anyone up.
The oline is the key IMO.

Ellard80

Legend
Agree but there are six really good teams in the NFC right now. Definitely the stronger Conference in my opinion.

It’s going to be a rough road through the Playoffs.

Match-ups, health (including COVID) could be huge factors.

Some seasons, it seems like a quality team gets a Wild Card bye, has a big advantage in the Divisional Round and has just one really tough game to get to the Super Bowl. Not this season in the NFC.

Except for the top-two seeds who will get a bye (#1 seed) or face the seventh/final seeded-team (#2 seed), the other four teams (seeds 3-6) figure to have three challenging games just to get to the Super Bowl.
yeah whoever has the 1st round bye definitely going to have a significant advantage

but hey Tampa won it from the Wild Card position last year.

Tano

Legend
We can easily have the #2 seed if we win out since we beat Tampa Bay

We just need the Cardinals to lose to either the Colts or Seattle and beat Dallas

And I think the above is very possible

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
The team that is in the Wild Card has the advantage during the journey to the playoffs. And that advantage is playoff experience and being battle tested. The further they are in the playoffs, the better confidence and momentum the team can get.

The only downside is the more they play, the more likely of serious injuries to their starting players.

But if the Rams can go through the playoffs without major injuries, they can win it all.

Every team that is jostling for position is just as dangerous as the number one seed.

With Green Bay getting the bye as the number 1 seed, they are the standard target for other teams right now. And the intensity just got turned up a little bit hotter. And the team that gets the Packers are going to play like there is no tomorrow. Just because the Packers are the favorite right now, once Aaron Rodgers get hit a few more times, he may want to retire.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Rams having a COVID outbreak helped Seattle immensely. With Havenstein and a week of practice, their lowly pass rush doesn't touch Stafford and we win that game by three TDs

The hold that Kupp drew was ticky tacky, but the way our defense was playing, I'd wager that we punt, three and out them, then go score a TD.

The missed PI was shameful. Refs should be held accountable for that.

But we were still going to win that game. Seattle had to go score a TD, which they still would have been 30 yards away from - and even if they did, we just needed a FG to win, which IMO we would have gotten.

dang

Legend
The Rams beat the Bucs and Colts. Best of all we finally saw McVay alter his offense in response to how it’s been defended. That’s a huge plus.

The biggest test will be week 17. They get over the 49er hump and the sky is the limit. Having a team that you cannot beat has to be an obstacle mentally. It would be great to see them going into the playoffs with a huge win.
IMO. Control Samuel, don’t lose the turnover battle and the Rams win.