I am naming my next kid Ace

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Beautiful. This kid's going to go far in life.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know a guy named Rich, but his nickname is Ace. Some people call him Ace, others call him Acehole.

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
....deflated balls travel farther? I knew they helped reduce fumbles, but hadn't heard that one before, lol

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
....deflated balls travel farther? I knew they helped reduce fumbles, but hadn't heard that one before, lol

I have always felt the deflated balls were about fumbles. Belichick hates fumbles. He gets pissed and benches good players over fumbles. Brady can hang onto the football easier. Running backs can hold it tighter and it’s easier to jar a fully inflated football from a runners arms. I have never doubted that Belichick, who always tests every possible edge he can get by skirting the rules, was the original deflator.

But one thing that I’ve never believed was that it’s easier to throw a deflated football. I throw a football to my son every day from the moment little league is done until it gets down to freezing. It’s easier to throw a fully inflated ball. It travels farther and is less strain on the arm, than if it needs air.

Brady’s involvement was likely because he wanted to be sure the balls weren’t deflated too much. I’d bet Belichick would prefer even less reassure.

Brady took the fall, because Bill has had previous infractions. The possible penalty would be less if Tom took the blame.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
As kids, we used to underinflate the old pig skins as it made them easier to grip and throw. Not only that but it made them easier to grasp once they got to you (if they ever did). I could throw a ball much farther if it were a bit underinflated because I could grip and rip it rather than having to rely on the threads. Now I wouldn't doubt that a ball thrown by an NFL QB would travel better (minutely) if more inflated but it would still be easier to catch and hold onto if underinflated. And it would still be easier to fling it all over the field. You might even be able to put more force on the ball with the confidence of grip.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If you do, you should start kicking his ass at an early age so he builds up a tolerance for later.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If you do, you should start kicking his ass at an early age so he builds up a tolerance for later.
“I knew you would have to get tough or die, so I gave you that awful name” ~ -X-

IE Rams

Pro Bowler
Damn. My youngest kids did one on mold growth rate on different types of fruit. Did OK, but this Ace kid? Attaboy!!!