Hypothetical Question?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I hate the whiners with a passion. I lived through the 17 game losing streak. My wife is a whiners fan. We argue but last year I had nothing to say.

My question is are we toast if we lose to the whiners?

After the Titans debacle, I can't rule it out because that f*ck Shanahan seems to game plan well against the Rams exclusively.

We need to obliterate the whiners and send Shanny to the unemployment line.

Obviously we're not out of playoff contention but any serious hope of the bye or division title is toast without a win this coming week.

What are your thoughts?

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
I watched most of the game Sunday; Arizona 2s v Niner 1s. The Niners offense looked good and has me worried. A couple fortunate strips by AZs all pro defense were the difference in the game.

However, these were strips within the red and orange zones. No way should SF have let AZ march on them to the end zone with one injured RB and a back up QB and 2nd string WRs. They play defense like that, we can outscore them. They're not as well disciplined without Salah. McVay needs to commit to the run.

McVay needs to treat this game and every remaining game like the Superbowl. This one should be for him, it's been forever and a day since we've beaten the Niners.

ScotsRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Niall
My thoughts are that any Rams fan who wants us to beat the 9ers so bad that Shanny gets fired hasn't been watching much 9ers football since he was hired. The longer that fraud sticks around the better for us.

In terms of the Rams being finished for the season with a loss Sunday, are you high? We would be 7-3 with SEVEN fucking games left.

Tough fucking crowd on the board this week, jeeeeezus.

Ellard80

Legend
We could lose 4 more games in a row and still not be toast....

Right now there are only 6 teams in the NFC with winning records.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
if we lose to the whiners we are toast.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Serious Question:
Toast for a playoff run?

Toast for a championship run?

OR

Toast for the Division title?

Now I am kind of in the mood for some toast. Rye ... lightly-buttered (not serious but truthful).

Ellard80

Legend
giphy.gif

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
The 49ers are allowing opposing QBs to register a rating of 101.9, including allowing Colt McCoy to register a rating of 119.4 last Sunday.

They can be run on as well, as they allow a ypc average of 4.4.

Offensively, they have had a problem with turnovers (14 in 8 games, compared to our 9 in 9 games), and have a -9 turnover ratio.

Getting Kittle back is big for them, but they just lost their RT Mike McGlinchey for the year.

In all, the Rams SHOULD be able to win this game. As we all know, SHOULD does not necessarily equal WILL, but I would think that the motivation level after a tough loss, playing a division opponent that has a four game win streak against us, and playing on national TV, will be pretty darn high.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
After we beat TB in TB last year, they were 7-4 and totally out of sorts.....we all know what happened. So to answer your question, no.

We should handle SF however.

madrid311

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
Gee one loss and confidence is all gone??
It's not the kids as much as it is the way we lose and how we are coached with the same issues about it over and over again. The Rams will have to earn a better optimism. Go rams

madrid311

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
It's not the kids as much as it is the way we lose and how we are coached with the same issues about it over and over again. The Rams will have to earn a better optimism. Go rams
Loss, srry

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Serious Question:
Toast for a playoff run? NO

Toast for a championship run? NO

OR

Toast for the Division title? NO but it will be tough
Tampa lost back-to-back games (to the Rams and Chiefs) and fell to 7-5 heading into their Bye-week.

With the Saints at 10-2, and having already beaten the Bucs twice, the Division was lost. However, the post-season was still there. Good health and playing its best ball of the season, Tampa won four games to close-out the season, followed by an impressive post-season and a Super Bowl Championship on its home field.

No toast.