Hurricane Irma verses Bucs/Dolphins/Game moved to Week 11

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
Just got a NFL text alert that game will not be held in Miami.
Neutral site or post-poned until later in year.

I vote Anchorage Alaska.
How can you get more neutral than that?

WvuIN02

Starter
Largest hurricane on record to be this big out in the Atlantic. I live in Orlando, shelves here are already empty. Miami might get crushed by this thing, its already 185mph cat 5.

Relwolf91

Starter
Name
Sean
Largest hurricane on record to be this big out in the Atlantic. I live in Orlando, shelves here are already empty. Miami might get crushed by this thing, its already 185mph cat 5.

Will Disneyworld be open? Might be a good day to go. Park may be empty for once.

RAMBUSH

Starter
Good luck sir, thoughts and prayers to everyone in its path. Be safe.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Hopefully it just skims the bottom of Florida, because my kids live down there in Palm Beach.

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
In all seriousness, praying for this thing to peter out in the ocean, and not touch land, in Jesus' name!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/06/buccaneers-dolphins-game-moved-to-week-11/

Buccaneers-Dolphins game moved to Week 11
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 6, 2017

842014852-e1504703952120.jpg

Getty Images

The Buccaneers and Dolphins will take Week One off and play each other in Miami in Week 11 instead.

The NFL decided this morning that having the two teams meet on Sunday, November 19 — when both teams initially had their bye week — was the best option. The league decided yesterday that the game would not be played Sunday in Miami because of Hurricane Irma, although it was unclear whether the game would move to another stadium or another date.

Some players will not be happy with the decision because it means they’ll have to play 16 consecutive weeks without a week off. But moving the game would have been problematic as well, as it would leave the Dolphins with just six home games this season. Miami has already given up one home game to play in London.

Hurricane Irma is expected to hit Miami this weekend. A college game between Miami and Arkansas State has been canceled.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I think Chris Long had the easiest solution... Move the game to a neutral site and then donate all proceeds from the game (tickets, etc) to relief funds because Miami will probably need it. Instead these guys now have to play 16 consecutive weeks, including Miami playing a London game.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Man, I'm glad I live in California where all I gotta worry about is devastating earthquakes, drive by shootings, crazy drivers, high cost of living. Then again, how much does it cost to live in Miami? :thinking:

WvuIN02

Starter
Man, I'm glad I live in California where all I gotta worry about is devastating earthquakes, drive by shootings, crazy drivers, high cost of living. Then again, how much does it cost to live in Miami? :thinking:
In Miami you just trade earthquakes for hurricanes -- rest is the same. lol

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
My mother, my sister and my three nephews all live in Melbourne Florida. Here's praying that everyone in the state makes it through safe and sound.