Hurricane Florence

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It’s worse than that because almost every pool cage guy works for a builder. Wouldn’t surprise me to find that some counties after Irma have no new cage builders.

It takes proper licensing and Naples can be difficult. Plus it's a small town so it's not like there are tons of roofers. Lots of out of state companies came in but the locals are leery of them because if there is a problem they have nowhere to go.

Plus the amount of commercial work, which is higher dollar, is still backed up. Fixing signs 4 stories up on office buildings is big money when the company wants it back up right away.

Estimates were plus/minus 40 months to put it all back together. I thought that was stupid at the time, but now I see that it was probably accurate.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
thoughts and prayers from across the pond my ram brothers and sisters

stay safe

(and this is the exact reason i never complain about the British weather...it might be grey and wet 6 months out the year but we don't have to deal with storms and earthquakes and shit ) ,,stay safe y'all

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Due to my job I dread these Hurricanes as if tampers with my bonus, which in reality is very selfish of me. I hope you are all ok and this isn't too bad. As someone previously mentioned this looks more like a Harvey than a Irma.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Welp. She's a lot weaker. Wind not as big of a concern

Just hope she keeps moving on to keep from pissing on us and flooding

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Due to my job I dread these Hurricanes as if tampers with my bonus, which in reality is very selfish of me. I hope you are all ok and this isn't too bad. As someone previously mentioned this looks more like a Harvey than a Irma.

The second and third sentences are good.

First one, not so much.

You've never been in a hurricane I'd bet, and not had to deal with the afterwards.

Welp. She's a lot weaker. Wind not as big of a concern

Just hope she keeps moving on to keep from pissing on us and flooding

So stay inside and you are fine, a Cat2 is not that bad unless you are right on the beach. It doesn't have serious impact further inland.

Glad it weakened and didn't get stronger.

YaY about that for sure!

EastRam

Pro Bowler
The second and third sentences are good.

First one, not so much.

You've never been in a hurricane I'd bet, and not had to deal with the afterwards.

So stay inside and you are fine, a Cat2 is not that bad unless you are right on the beach. It doesn't have serious impact further inland.

Glad it weakened and didn't get stronger.

YaY about that for sure!

Yea. Been in a couple 1's and 2's.

But can't take any more flooding.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Yea. Been in a couple 1's and 2's.

But can't take any more flooding.

Well flooding is usually close to the water unless the inland areas are lower than the coastland and there are channels and rivers that can lead to water going into that direction. Topography and all.

That happened here during Irma and some areas were underwater even though there was no real wind and storm damage other than the water surge. It's been a year.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
Well flooding is usually close to the water unless the inland areas are lower than the coastland and there are channels and rivers that can lead to water going into that direction. Topography and all.

That happened here during Irma and some areas were underwater even though there was no real wind and storm damage other than the water surge. It's been a year.

The flooding here normally is a direct result of the inland rivers flooding weeks after storms in SC and NC. Along with Dam releases upstate and all that water comes down to us in the low country.

Lost one house two years ago a month after the storm passed

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
DnAGYJrVAAAX9wK.jpg

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
Hope everyone in the path of this thing is ok - Rams fans or not. Thoughts are with you all... @EastRam did you leave your home?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
The flooding here normally is a direct result of the inland rivers flooding weeks after storms in SC and NC. Along with Dam releases upstate and all that water comes down to us in the low country.

Lost one house two years ago a month after the storm passed

I didn't know that kind of a delayed reaction happened.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Heard reports on the radio this morning that 1st responders are already getting calls from people on the barrier islands that are now up in their attics to avoid flood waters.

Not to be cruel, but these people were told and warned that they needed to leave. Yet, now people have to risk their lives to go get them out and if God forbid they die in those attics, then the authorities somehow get blamed for it.

At some point Darwinism must be respected. Dumb enough to stay, then face your consequences. Why endanger others for their stupidity.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Holy shit I just read about the typhoon that is going to hit the Philippines it's a Cat 5 right now. It's the strongest storm of the year and is heading right to the island. That's going to be a disaster.

Not to be cruel, but these people were told and warned that they needed to leave. Yet, now people have to risk their lives to go get them out and if God forbid they die in those attics, then the authorities somehow get blamed for it.

I saw an idiot online taking video of the water surging from the Atlantic, he is going to be stuck in his house now, the water is up his steps and to powerful to walk through at that point. He better hope he has an attic or the surge doesn't knock his house down. What a dumbass.

There has been days of warnings. Yet he stayed.

EastRam

Pro Bowler
We are still here. But. We're not that close to the water. Ocean and river storm surge will not hit us.

Yes people on the ocean or low areas that are suspect for flash flooding are stupid to stay and risk first responders.

Yes Les. When the upstate gets a lot of rain that water comes to us weeks later by rivers creasting

We're in what's called the low country.

Our home can withstand the winds. It's the rain and later flooding were concerned with but we are safe.

Weve been getting some good gusts. Very little rain so far. But she's a coming.