Hunger Games

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Haven't picked up a book since high school (5 years ago) but I started reading this book, it's awesome! Can't wait for the movie now.

It's not even close to Twilight, it's so much more than that.

If you haven't read it, I highly suggest you read it.

Steven3k

UDFA
Name
Steven
I thought it was a great book and the movie looks really good too. My group of friends and I have tickets to the midnight showing haha. Have you read any of the other books in the series?

Angry Ram

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Steven39 said:
I thought it was a great book and the movie looks really good too. My group of friends and I have tickets to the midnight showing haha. Have you read any of the other books in the series?

No but I def. going to soon. I'm goin to the movie on the premier too. Boom.

interference said:
What age group is reading this?

It's target is teens but I've seen everyone from elementary kids to 50 year olds read it. Both guys and girls.

Steven3k

UDFA
Name
Steven
I'd say its definitely a young adult book but I've held convo's with older people about it as well.

I won't throw any spoilers out there but Mockingjay was a huge disappointment to me and many of my friends.

Angry Ram

Steven39 said:
I'd say its definitely a young adult book but I've held convo's with older people about it as well.

I won't throw any spoilers out there but Mockingjay was a huge disappointment to me and many of my friends.

Not gonna stop me from eventually reading it, but do the next 2 books still deal w/ corruption, war, etc. and not just turn into a love triangle story? I didn't mind the love story since it was @ a minimum, but I'd rather read about other issues.

Steven3k

UDFA
Name
Steven
Angry Ram said:
Steven39 said:

Not gonna stop me from eventually reading it, but do the next 2 books still deal w/ corruption, war, etc. and not just turn into a love triangle story? I didn't mind the love story since it was @ a minimum, but I'd rather read about other issues.

Catching Fire starts off dealing mostly with the love triangle but then gets good towards the end. I'd recommend reading it. Mockingjay is just hard to explain without giving away too much detail. The corruption and war elements are present in both books, essentially being the main story line in Mockingjay.

Angry Ram

Oh that's cool, I'm gonna read those.

Saw the movie. Good movie, and I feel like the douche who has to point everything out that wasn't in the book, or vice versa.

Jennifer Lawrence/Katniss looked like a badass toward the end.

It felt like it went REALLY fast though. One minute she volunteers, then bam she's in the cave.

bluecoconuts

Legend
So what's the skinny on this story anyway? I haven't seen previews for it or anything, I just heard a bunch of people on Facebook suddenly talking about how they were waiting in line to see it, etc.

Angry Ram

bluecoconuts said:
So what's the skinny on this story anyway? I haven't seen previews for it or anything, I just heard a bunch of people on Facebook suddenly talking about how they were waiting in line to see it, etc.

It's a book about a girl named Katniss who lives in a country called Panem, formerly known as the USA. 12 districts (each representing a service like coal mining or agriculture) surround the central Captiol. The 12 districts once tried to rebel against the Capitol but failed, including the complete destruction of district 13. As a result of that, every year 1 boy and 1 girl from each district go to the Capitol in a computer generated arena and fight until there's 1 person left standing. The winner's district gets showered w/ gifts/food/etc.

That's the main story, and there's sub plots like a love triangle (kept minimal) and an alliance b/w Katniss and another girl, but it's mostly about the corruption of the Captiol that forces these young people to kill each other as a reminder to the districts if they want to rebel again...

bluecoconuts

Legend
Ah alright, that actually doesn't sound like a bad plot, now that I think about it I have seen previews for the movie, I just haven't really paid attention to them, I don't usually to commercials anyway.

Angry Ram

I didn't want 2 create another thread for this same topic.

I'm halfway through Catching Fire and I'm loving this story. I can honestly say I haven't been this excited over a book since middle school. The movie is gonna be interesting to see how they bring everything on screen.