Hue Jackson out in Oakland

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Wow. They started the season 7-4, and ended up with an 8-8 record. They had a chance to win the division week 17, failed, and now hes gone. Tough business. That Carson Palmer trade might have played a big role in this lol. The new GM Reggie McKenzie is in a really tough spot because of that trade and the fact that they traded away most of their picks in this upcoming draft.

steferfootball

Starter
I donno, but I feel like most (or at least many) coaches aren't getting enough time. Sad that the state of the NFL is like that, but it is the reality of the situation I suppose.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
He was fired because after Al Davis died he started going power mad.

But thats still a failure by the entire organization. Coaches arent thinking about current/future draft picks during the season. How does the HC become the man in charge after Al Davis' passing??

bluecoconuts

Legend
JdashSTL said:
bluecoconuts said:

But thats still a failure by the entire organization. Coaches arent thinking about current/future draft picks during the season. How does the HC become the man in charge (after Al Davis' passing)??

Well true, that organization is in trouble on all levels.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't want someone like that near my team either. Apparently players really hated it, he was walking around threatening to fire everyone.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
bluecoconuts said:
JdashSTL said:
bluecoconuts said:

But thats still a failure by the entire organization. Coaches arent thinking about current/future draft picks during the season. How does the HC become the man in charge after Al Davis' passing??

Well true, that organization is in trouble on all levels.

I'm just saying, I wouldn't want someone like that near my team either. Apparently players really hated it, he was walking around threatening to fire everyone.

Yeah and he did not help himself with his press conference after the last game. Seeing this happen really makes me wonder about Lovie Smiths job security in Chicago.

Tom Cable gets fired after going 8-8 his last season, the same happens to Jackson. Thats ridiculous, especially when you look at how bad they have been since the 01-02 season. What happens if the new coach goes 7-9 or 8-8, is that progress??

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh
Hue's power grab and post season press conference were disgusting. No way he could co-exist with a new GM without a lot of dysfunction.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
JdashSTL said:
Wow. They started the season 7-4, and ended up with an 8-8 record. They had a chance to win the division week 17, failed, and now hes gone. Tough business. That Carson Palmer trade might have played a big role in this lol. The new GM Reggie McKenzie is in a really tough spot because of that trade and the fact that they traded away most of their picks in this upcoming draft.
IDK. He's pretty much guaranteed a mulligan for this offseason because of the lack of draft picks. If the Raiders can win next year (a new HC will be a breath of fresh air for the players), he'll look pretty good.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:
IDK. He's pretty much guaranteed a mulligan for this offseason because of the lack of draft picks. If the Raiders can win next year (a new HC will be a breath of fresh air for the players), he'll look pretty good.

Yeah - maybe. But still, Jackson put a lot of Raiduh eggs in a pretty weak basket. A #1 and the next #2 for a disgruntled QB that had been playing pretty bad ball before going off to pout in the corner? Sorry - I'm a USC fan and I think Palmer should have been forced to sit out a year. Not only did HJ pay too dearly, but IMO, he set a bad precedent. I'm just glad it was the Raiders doing it. Warms my heart.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
They finished around .500 for 2 years now. They don't have the picks to make them get to the playoffs. Well, @ least the #1 or #2 seed or perhaps even the wildcard. IDK what happened to Ronaldo McClain about his holdup thing, but who knows about his future. Losing Asomugha was big. They are screwed as their better guys get older.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:

Yeah - maybe. But still, Jackson put a lot of Raiduh eggs in a pretty weak basket. A #1 and the next #2 for a disgruntled QB that had been playing pretty bad ball before going off to pout in the corner? Sorry - I'm a USC fan and I think Palmer should have been forced to sit out a year. Not only did HJ pay too dearly, but IMO, he set a bad precedent. I'm just glad it was the Raiders doing it. Warms my heart.
I'm certainly not rooting for the Raiders, mind you. But the AFCW was pretty weak tea, with the Denver Tebows, the Lord of no Rings still in SD, and KC with a new HC. Things may change in the offseason, but McKenzie won't be on the hot seat unless he starts dealing 2013 draft picks.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Ram Quixote said:
RamFan503 said:
Ram Quixote said:
JdashSTL said:

I'm certainly not rooting for the Raiders, mind you. But the AFCW was pretty weak tea, with the Denver Tebows, the Lord of no Rings still in SD, and KC with a new HC. Things may change in the offseason, but McKenzie won't be on the hot seat unless he starts dealing 2013 draft picks.

Its gonna be weird seeing them not just focus on the players with the best 40 times now.