How will you remember the Bannan era?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
bannan.jpg

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Could you even qualify it as an era??

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I was being facetious.

steferfootball

Starter
I will remember some people I saw that thought he was a great run stuffer.

Our run stopping problems weren't his fault. It was everyone else.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:

He did come on late in the season, but by then it was already over. He was never going to stick around anyway, being a one-year hire and all. Especially with the youth movement going on here now.

steferfootball

Starter
X said:
steferfootball said:

He did come on late in the season, but by then it was already over. He was never going to stick around anyway, being a one-year hire and all. Especially with the youth movement going on here now.
This was after the Dallas game. You know, the one where Demarco Murray broke Emmit Smith's Career Rushing yard record.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
steferfootball said:
X said:
steferfootball said:

This was after the Dallas game. You know, the one where Demarco Murray broke Emmit Smith's Career Rushing yard record.
I remember that game quite well. Over-pursuit by linebackers and getting absolutely baked on misdirection was the culprit there.
After a while, I was just like...

imdone.gif

Anonymous

steferfootball said:

No that's not true. It was only him.

Had nothing to do, for example, with Robbins declining or the musical chairs at OLB.

Or having to change up the entire defense because they had no CBs.

So the fact that Bannan played decently well in the conditions should be treated like the desperate lie that it is.

Now. Broncos--they just ruined their run defense, and the Rams just improved theirs.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Clearly I'm the only one who thought he was a fairly solid DT once he wrapped his head around the scheme here.

Or not.

[textarea]St Louis – Three Performances of Note

1. Strong showing against Packers’ interior offensive line

The Green Bay interior offensive line has been arguably the best unit in the league this season, but this week [hil]Justin Bannan (+2.0) had his way with them, with the defensive lineman playing a leading role in shutting down the Green Bay running game.[/hil] The Rams ability to limit the balance in the Green Bay offense (or at least the effectiveness of it) was a telling factor in preventing this game from getting away from them. This year, Bannan has flashed the Baltimore form that had eluded him when he returned to the state of Colorado to play for Denver last season. Plays such as his tackle at 7:14 in the Q3, and more impressively controlling two linemen on the stop of John Kuhn on 3rd-and-2 to open the second quarter, highlight his ability to control even the best offensive linemen in the league. Rams fans will hope to see this form from Bannan more frequently as the season rolls on.
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/20 ... rs-week-6/[/textarea]
In my opinion there wasn't anyone, outside of JL, Long and Mikell (Spagnuolo guys) who had the scheme cemented in their minds to the point that it was second-nature. Everyone else was new to the team or injured. I also believe that Kehl and Chamberlain should have started ahead of Leber and Poppinga, but that's another story entirely.

Anonymous

X said:
Clearly I'm the only one who thought he was a fairly solid DT once he wrapped his head around the scheme here.

No. I think so too. My post above was ironic. I agree that he was a fairly solid DT. But with Robbins off his game and the mess at CB and OLB, his individual efforts were not going to count for much.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
zn said:
X said:
No. I think so too. My post above was ironic. I agree that he was a fairly solid DT. But with Robbins off his game and the mess at CB and OLB, his individual efforts were not going to count for much.
Tru dat homie.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
It was sweet, luckily I didn't break a piece when I peeled it. It was a good snack.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
X said:
steferfootball said:

He had to play his way into shape. You're right, he only played well at the end.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
X said:
zn said:
X said:
Tru dat homie.
I thought so too. I thought he did a good job and would have liked to see him here for another year.