How will the Rams replace Sammy Watkins? It's complicated

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ants

Starter
I could see DJ Moore used in that role and I think he is round 1 material. He ran a 4.42 at the combine. He is a physical player despite only being 5'11".

Wouldn't surprise me. I'm thinking it's going to be Moore, or one of the LT's.
I don't think Landry (OLB) is first round material.

Oh, and by the way - it really doesn't have to be a "burner" that brings coverage down field. Let's face it, ALL of these guys are fast - yes, some have to be respected more than others.
If a guy like Reynolds can consistently high-point the ball (which I believe he is good at) - BOOM - he becomes the down field threat.

nighttrain

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For our offence to be as successful as last season Everett has to step up and get SWs TD's
train

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Looks like Zay Jones is going to be available
:rimshot:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
It's really funny reading these threads. From reactions you'd think we lost Antonio Brown or Calvin Johnson or somebody amazing that you couldn't replace.

I think Watkins' value was in commanding a lot of attention, and McVay's offense truly is a we-not-me setup that purposefully seeks to keep the D off balance--no one is getting the ball all the time. Watkins probably didn't think that was his cup of tea, and I don't think DJax cared much for it either.

nighttrain

Legend
Watkins drew a corner and a safety to his side of the field, leaving a corner and safety on Kupp and Woods. This i saw in every game, and also was a very good downfield blocker
train

nighttrain

Legend
after a lot of debate here on ROD, i'd still like to give Pryor a look
train

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
What about if if we don't land Suh we pursue Cameron Meredith from the Bears? He's a restricted free agent but we can still make a good solid offer for him. Plus when he's healthy he's a baller. He balled out on a terrible Bears offense could you imagine what he can do in mcvays system?

Heres some of his highlights

View: https://youtu.be/KA71UlTGVWg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What about if if we don't land Suh we pursue Cameron Meredith from the Bears? He's a restricted free agent but we can still make a good solid offer for him. Plus when he's healthy he's a baller. He balled out on a terrible Bears offense could you imagine what he can do in mcvays system?

Heres some of his highlights

View: https://youtu.be/KA71UlTGVWg

He isn’t going anywhere. Chicago has plenty of cap room to match any deal.