How will our ride on the Akers-coaster end?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame

man, what a bunch of negative nellys.

cam is the man and will have a big year behind an improved line.

I think Cam’s year will hinge on how improved our line is. A lot of unknown with Windell etc., but we’ve definitely at least tried to beef up.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He’ll kick ass.
And the Rams will be able to tender him and get draft comp back if someone else signs him.

His lost time to injury means he can’t be an UFA yet.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Screenshot 2023-07-20 201053.png

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
History tends to lean towards IR.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I expect him to have his finest season this year. Then I expect him to sign the top offer in FA and disappoint whoever that is.

But the run game will only be so good. Because to have a top run game requires dedication to it from camp on. You need to be practicing that shit in pads and selecting guys for starting roles based on it, and I just don't think that's going to happen. Rams will of course run the ball in practice but it's not gonna be a priority. They're not gonna select their starters based on run game potency. It's gonna be protections first, keep 'em healthy with above the neck work, maybe give the starting 5 a little preseason time just to make sure they're ready to start the season but McVay isn't really gonna change his stripes.

So the schedule and McVay's general approach with the OL insinuates that we will start rough and finish strong. If that happens it could make this year even more fun, too, as we see people in the media breaking their ankles jumping off the wagon only to then see the team start putting things together a bit as the season goes on. Because I do think this team has really good character and they're gonna improve as the season goes on, they just have to work their way through all those if's.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Here’s how I see Akers’ Ram future.

He will benefit from a vastly improved OL, more 12 sets, and McVay’s desire to run the ball which takes pressure off Morris’ young D as it gels.

Probably gets 1200 yards rushing and 300-400 more receiving.

If no more drama, I think he’s 50-50 to get that RFA tag For next year. If he struggles this year then he’s a goner for ‘24.

In any case, he’s gone in ‘25 because Rams will keep drafting inexpensive RB’s every year.

The End

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Personally, I think Akers has a monster year. Luckily for us, we essentially have him for another season or we will get comped for it. I'm pretty damn high on Evans too though, so I can't see us giving him a extension under really any circumstances. It really isn't too hard to find RB production, that is as long as you have some blocking up front.

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
True year removed from his Achilles? Count me in to Cams Camp. He should be getting that explosion back.

If McVay schemes a run game like he did for Gurley, Cam will arrive