How the Rams got a steal in FS Randolph...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

baconandbread

Super Secret Starting DT

So how does this guy slip that far in the draft? What are we not seeing because I like what I see on tape. He may be a personal foul machine early on because he seems to love to hit big but that can be tamed somewhat right? So what are we missing?

Exactly @Ramhusker I was just thinking the same thing. I have watched the highlights and seen him play a few times and in those he stood out to me as a "gamer". I read a few times he didn't have the measurables, but he disproved a lot of that at his pro day. Personally I am a believer ESPECIALLY in his special teams work....I think in a year he'll be better than McLeod was.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Remember the Ray Ray Armstrong hype?:snicker:

I'm as excited about Randolph as the next guy, but we should probably dial it back a notch until he actually does something.

*Side note: The author failed to list our most EXCELENT free agent of all time- Johnny Hekker!!

:rant:punters are people, too!
Like others have said Ray Ray had a position change going on but the biggest thing was Ray Ray had off field issues and problems in his past similar to what haunted him on the field. Randolph to my knowledge isn't going through any of that.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame
I just gotta think there has to be some downside to this guy. All you hear is positives, yet he's a UDFA. The measurables and production are there. Is there a questionable injury or maybe something on tape? Maybe he takes bad angles, has poor recognition, or plays slower or stiffer than his measurables would lead you to believe.

But you hear nothing but good from him. Well revered by followers of the Vols and his coaches. Even saw a pic of him breakup a pass for Lance Kendricks in OTAs, not that it means much, just nice to see him making plays at any level.

I hope he turns out good. Everyone is so high on him.