How stable are the Rams right now?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram65

Legend
The Rams organization is stable with Kronke as the owner as well as the management in place.

The jury is out on how stable the on-the-field Rams are. The Rams management has to improve the on-field Rams. At this point, the Rams could follow up last year with another stinker or be back in the hunt for a Super Bowl.

The Rams have a leader at QB, a great WR, and dominating DT. They have to add some more pieces to the puzzle.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
But you lose the best cb in the league which would rather have I'd rather have Ramsey.
Well you can add 3 quality FAs and a couple high draft picks.

That might mean you keep Stafford intact this yr. I prefer that.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
mechanics GIF

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
A few thoughts:
- We all knew going "all in" was going to result in the bill being due someday. We are here now.
- What's awesome is we won the damn thing! Raise your hand if you would have preferred the "Packer Way." Not me.
- Brad Holmes is a great evaluator of talent and proving to be a very good GM in his short tenure. I'm happy for him.

I absolutely love our front office/coach combination. Top of the league, imo. I do, however, suspect there is going to be a true "reset" this offseason as they reposition for another run. I suspect many more moves to come to get us in position. Ramsey, Floyd, perhaps AD, and many more.

Fans are going to be faced with the unrealistic view we have enough to contend for a SB in the next two years or embrace the transition with the understanding we have the right guys in place to get it done in a short period of time.

We don't have a SB winning roster. Bobby is gone, Ramsey and Floyd will soon follow, and those aren't moves you make to win it all in '23. The front office is clearly envisioning a retooling.
That’s where I’m at. I thought the Rams were right to go all out in 2022. Now we have a team with aging, if still capable stars, and a lot of holes to fill around them. Not much cap and again no high draft picks.

Can they pull rabbits out of the hat to contend? Maybe, but it’s not an objective analysis to think it’s likely.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The Rams organization is stable with Kronke as the owner as well as the management in place.

The jury is out on how stable the on-the-field Rams are. The Rams management has to improve the on-field Rams. At this point, the Rams could follow up last year with another stinker or be back in the hunt for a Super Bowl.

The Rams have a leader at QB, a great WR, and dominating DT. They have to add some more pieces to the puzzle.
Those guys are not far from the twilight of their careers. I think they still have some elite level play left in them. But players in their 30's tend to suffer more injuries than when they were younger. That would be a concern.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I agree it was mostly an anomaly. We didn't anticipate Boom and especially Robinson playing so poorly. Rest I agree with the injuries I have said since the start of all the injuries is why the team played so poorly. Same for TB they had less injuries but concentrated in the same area OL and they were down 10 ppg from the previous year.
Robinson didn’t play poorly. He was actually open a lot. Sotafford didn’t look his way enough.

Ram65

Legend
How stable right now? Depends on your outlook. I'm thinking there is some truth to the "The debt is now due" stuff. The 5-12 season was not because they mortgaged the future for a championship. They had pieces in place for another run. The injury bug hit and they weren't prepared for it.

Now it appears the "Eff them picks" is starting to catch up to them. No first round pick. Not much cap space if any. Holes to fill. When people predict them to finish with a losing season its understandable. We only won 5 games and its not looking like we rebuilt the line. We're losing guys to free agency who were contributors. On the surface it looks like a rebuild is needed if they want to return to their winning ways in the future.

But its the NFL. Everyone is 0-0 right now. Teams turn things around quickly these days. The two most important spots we are good with. Quarterback and head coach. Build around that and who knows?

Those guys are not far from the twilight of their careers. I think they still have some elite level play left in them. But players in their 30's tend to suffer more injuries than when they were younger. That would be a concern.

I told Eagle fans they could be back in a couple of years after their 4-11-1 (2019) season because they had a great foundation on the offensive line of Kelcey at OC and Johnson at RT with Jordon Mailota in the wings to play LT. They also had a lot of draft picks which may have had something to do with the drafting of Jalen Hurts. I thought he was great insurance for Wentz. Almost all Eagles fans hated the pick.

My big question is how long does Stafford have left in the NFL?

He just turned 35 and has a history of injury and had a serious Spine/Spinal Cord Bruise just last year. Unfortunately, I don't see a replacement in the short-term future for 1-2 years. Somehow the Rams need to strengthen the offensive line now. The offense may not be too far behind years past with a couple of new additions to the offensive line and possibly Bruss ready to start in year two.

No way around that the Rams foundation is older players Stafford, Kupp and Donald. The Rams moved on from Bwagz and could be moving on from Floyd and or Ramsey. Moving Kupp and Donald wouldn't make sense at this time, at least to me. The Rams can create cap space with trades and restructures.

I don't see a complete rebuild now. I do think they need to make an adjustment to trading high-round draft picks. You are right that the “Eff them picks” has started to catch up to them. I'm interested in seeing what moves they decide to make this year. Will they make moves to remodel for 2023, 2024 and 2025 before Stafford retires and still be a contender?

You always want to keep your early draft picks after a really bad season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Hard to go through progressions from your back.
My theory is Robinson never really got the offense down. And when that happens the QB won't look at him. Because it was happening even when there was time to throw and when McVay was trying to get him involved so you know there were some early reads.

If that's true then he could be a boost for us next year after another camp. Because I would hope he'd be ready to hit it hard and star from day one in camp. Not just making catches, but knowing where to be in each play by making accurate reads.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
My theory is Robinson never really got the offense down. And when that happens the QB won't look at him. Because it was happening even when there was time to throw and when McVay was trying to get him involved so you know there were some early reads.

If that's true then he could be a boost for us next year after another camp. Because I would hope he'd be ready to hit it hard and star from day one in camp. Not just making catches, but knowing where to be in each play by making accurate reads.
I think Robinson is gonna have a big year. I think he had a little hard time grasping the O. I'm sure McVay playbook is extravagant compared to Matt Nagy's in CHI.

He started heating up before his injury.

dang

Legend
I think Robinson is gonna have a big year. I think he had a little hard time grasping the O. I'm sure McVay playbook is extravagant compared to Matt Nagy's in CHI.

He started heating up before his injury.
So does anyone have an update on Robinsons injury. And if healed what he is doing to work himself into becoming a fully integrated weapon in the offense?

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Don't quite understand their grading -

If you assign points, start at F- (1), all the way up to A+ (15), It averages out to a C+.
71 points / 8 categories = (8.75).

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Don't quite understand their grading -

If you assign points, start at F- (1), all the way up to A+ (15), It averages out to a C+.
71 points / 8 categories = (8.75).

Not only that, but is there an infinite amount of prime numbers pairs that differ by two, like 41 and 43. As primes get larger and larger, these twin primes are harder to find, but in theory, they should be infinite.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Not only that, but is there an infinite amount of prime numbers pairs that differ by two, like 41 and 43. As primes get larger and larger, these twin primes are harder to find, but in theory, they should be infinite.
Go eat a burger...