How much longer?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
I guess the question that's looms for me is when does Fisher get this team to the playoffs? How many years do you think he gets? With Sam going down, I don't see Fisher getting fired after 3 years if he doesn't get it done in 2014. But what if he doesn't get to the playoff by 2015? I don't know of any HC that get that much time to produce a winner.

V3

Hall of Fame
If Fisher can't get to the playoffs by 2015, I have to wonder about the future in St. Louis. Fans aren't going to continue to put up with this. I've already heard from many that are done supporting them.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I think Fisher gets a lot more latitude than the other head coaches that have come through here as of late. I suspect he'll get the full term of his contract unless he himself opts out of it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Think about what switching and instability has done for us during the last 10+ years.

Fish needs time to complete this rebuild and culture change. Five years may be what's required, maybe more.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It a sad thing here as it has been for many seasons now but Fishers defense seems to have taken MANY steps backwards and I do not have any fondness for it nor do I enjoy watching it like last yrs. This defense came back mostly fully intact from 2012 a rarity. The Fisher offense was suppose to have taken off when the season began because of all the relief it got from it being the same as it was in 2012. Sam & the offense having NOT to learn a new offense was ALL the relief needed...NOT ...well the results were hardly any measure better from last season. Rams had to make major changes a few weeks back just to get a few wins and to compete.

It would appear that all these draft sections the last two drafts by Snead & Fisher have been highly overrated by me. Where Rams draft picks take a half decade to develop the other 31 teams seem to have a much faster developmental programs. Three 2012 second round selections of Quick & Pead have failed to develop period. 2nd rd. Jenkins & 4th rd. Givens have taken many steps back from their development shown last year. First rounders of Brockers & Ogletree helps Fisher out big though!

Half may turn into lemons who are just jags. Overall the 2012 & 2013 have been so far factually under productive what are the odds that this remains true...very low I suspect. Without Sam Bradford Fishers job gets much harder. This team has 12 rookies, 15 second yr & 7 3rd yr players. Over 34 players still under development. Fisher should get the required time to work through this trying time. What is really upsetting to me about Fisher is Brian Schottenheimer, Tim Walton & John Fasse work to date.

V3

Hall of Fame
Think about what switching and instability has done for us during the last 10+ years.

Fish needs time to complete this rebuild and culture change. Five years may be what's required, maybe more.

It isn't so much the constant changes over the past 10 years as much as it is the horrible drafting and FA signings.

If Snead and Fisher don't improve the talent, they don't deserve to stay- stability be damned. It doesn't take 5+ years to do it, either, especially with all the extra picks they've managed to leverage.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It isn't so much the constant changes over the past 10 years as much as it is the horrible drafting and FA signings.

If Snead and Fisher don't improve the talent, they don't deserve to stay- stability be damned. It doesn't take 5+ years to do it, either, especially with all the extra picks they've managed to leverage.
Well there's the rub, isn't it? They had to GUT this roster when they came in last year, and I think it's beyond reasonable to expect (essentially) a new team to start clicking right away. Especially when they infused even MORE young talent into the roster this year. It takes a couple of years to build a roster, I'd imagine. I don't think Snead has missed on talent that much. At least not anything above the league norm.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I would be surprised if Fisher isn't around for 8 or 10 years. Hopefully the team is still in StL and they have become a perineal playoff team.

I don't think the defense came back mostly in tack. 2 new Safties, 2 new LBs and 1 CB Finnegan that could not perform. That is half of the defense being changed. The DLine is in tact and have performed well in most of the games. Now one of the new safties is out, thankfully Dunbar is back but there is still a large change from last year.

Obviously this year is a waste, I don't believe Clemens is going to lead this team to a winning record. The front office should be held accountable for not having a better back up plan but as stated this team was gutted because the talent was SO bad.

Patients is running thin but there is light compared to the last 10 years.

iced

-sigh- the biggest change is the safeeettttyyyyssss.....

I don't think people truly understand or appreciate the drop off from mikell to and/or mcdonald or stewart... having atleast one vet with a young guy makes a huge difference in just making the calls.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole

Too early to tell on the picks so far.

I want immediate results, but reality is forcing me to be patient

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I feel the same way regarding the lack of patience, believe me.

But even before the agonizing injury to Bradford, I've never felt that they actually had a shot until 2015 anyway. What I expected was steady progress in an increasingly competitive division.

They need depth on the offensive line and they still have quite a few holes to fill on defense as well.

A55VA6

Legend
Well I would hope within the next few years we would make the playoffs. But there's so much that can happen. Is Fisher here? How are our draft picks playing? Sam Bradford? Two huge things can happen in the coming years:

- The Rams keep building and moving pieces and the team contends or reaches the playoffs with Jeff Fisher as our coach and Sam Bradford as our QB. (These 2 are linked now in my opinion)

-The Rams continue to struggle, fire Fisher and staff, Sam Bradford era ends, rebuild.

Playoffs this year isn't going to happen. Next year, you never know. Sometimes teams just fire out of a cannon and keep going. Should be interesting to see if this team has success or falls apart. Right now, we're heading towards falling apart.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Also... no GM hits on every pick. Even high picks.

Good Guesses are still a gamble. You don't win them all.

V3

Hall of Fame
Too early to tell on the picks so far.

I want immediate results, but reality is forcing me to be patient

I was mainly referring to the draft picks of previous regimes but I'm not totally impressed by what this one has done so far(particularly on offense) either. I think I'll know how this regime has done in the draft by next year though.

Also... no GM hits on every pick. Even high picks.
Good Guesses are still a gamble. You don't win them all.

I understand that but I don't like it when I am able to predict things better than the so called "professionals".

V3

Hall of Fame
Well there's the rub, isn't it? They had to GUT this roster when they came in last year, and I think it's beyond reasonable to expect (essentially) a new team to start clicking right away. Especially when they infused even MORE young talent into the roster this year. It takes a couple of years to build a roster, I'd imagine. I don't think Snead has missed on talent that much. At least not anything above the league norm.

I was talking about how if in year 3,4, or 5 you don't start seeing improvements. I did not expect this team to make the playoffs this year because I know it's still too young. I do expect them to start competing by next year though-mainly due to the RG3 trade. That trade should jump start the rebuild which is why I think it's reasonable to expect some results by next year and by results I mean something like around a 9-7 record. At least shooting for a wild card spot. If we're still below 8-8 I will be VERY upset. Is that unreasonable?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We should absolutely EXPECT to be a playoff team next season.

Completely reasonable if you're asking me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I was talking about how if in year 3,4, or 5 you don't start seeing improvements. I did not expect this team to make the playoffs this year because I know it's still too young. I do expect them to start competing by next year though-mainly due to the RG3 trade. That trade should jump start the rebuild which is why I think it's reasonable to expect some results by next year and by results I mean something like around a 9-7 record. At least shooting for a wild card spot. If we're still below 8-8 I will be VERY upset. Is that unreasonable?
Nope. That's reasonable.