How much do you think Brian Quick will improve this year

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

lockdnram21

Legend
I think he will make a big improvement. 60-80 catches 700-900 yds receiving and 8-10 tds.

bluecoconuts

Legend
I put a number on him last year and got burned. I think he's going to contribute more, probably around 5 TD's, and probably 500-1000 yards. Sam is going to spread the ball around though, so much so that the biggest threat will be changing from week to week. One week Austin, another week Givens burns teams deep, then Quick has a big game, Bailey, Cook, Kendricks, Pettis, our run game will have a big game, etc. Defenses will key in on a player or two and someone else will make a play. We might not have a single player that can hurt you no matter how well you defend him, but we're going to have a lot of players that can kill you when you focus too much elsewhere. Just as, if not more, dangerous in my opinion.

RamShack

UDFA
55 rec 750 yds 10 TD will lead the team in td receptions. Big red zone threat

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
bluecoconuts said:
I put a number on him last year and got burned. I think he's going to contribute more, probably around 5 TD's, and probably 500-1000 yards. Sam is going to spread the ball around though, so much so that the biggest threat will be changing from week to week. One week Austin, another week Givens burns teams deep, then Quick has a big game, Bailey, Cook, Kendricks, Pettis, our run game will have a big game, etc. Defenses will key in on a player or two and someone else will make a play. We might not have a single player that can hurt you no matter how well you defend him, but we're going to have a lot of players that can kill you when you focus too much elsewhere. Just as, if not more, dangerous in my opinion.

I feel what your saying but i still fill he will have the best stats out of the wr. I think quick, givens, austin, and cook will be the main targets . I doubt that pettis gets much clock unless quick hasnt imroved. Stedman will play
But I dont think he will play as , much as you people think, Unless quick hasnt improved. You have to keep consistency, you cant keep switching wr if you want to bulid chemistry. I think quick and givens will get majority of the reps on the outside.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
45 catches, 550 yards, 4 TDs.

He'll be improved (hopefully), but maybe not so much in the 700+ range.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
Well, he can't possibly contribute less if he's healthy all year. But putting an exact number on it is difficult. Will he be able to hold off Pettis and Bailey for the starting position? He's not even guaranteed any playing time, he's going to have to earn it.

duckhunter

Starter
If he learns the playbook, learns how to run routes, doesn't quit on plays, learns how to separate, he could improve on his 10 catches and what was it two TDs. Then again he could turn in similiar numbers as last year.

Since we're pulling numbers out of the air, I'll say 35 catches, 400 yds and 5 TDs. I'd consider that a good year for Quick and expect more the next year.

(tic) But at 6'3" and 220LBs, he's looks and swings through the trees like Tarzan, so he's gotta be good.

lockdnram21

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Im pretty sure quick, givens, and pettis worked out with T.o. during this off season. I seen pics on twitter, so I hope he was asking questions. Since thats who wr coach compared him to.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
I'd guess he'll be in the neighborhood of 45-60 catches. I couldn't begin to imagine the yardage.

I think Blue has our WR situation wired. The youth on that squad is going limit PT for the most part. Particularly in the early games. We'll see some boom (and bust) from Austin; Givens will be key early; Pettis will be heavily involved; Quick's development is going to be important. But the TEs will probably lead the way at the start.

nighttrain

Legend
duckhunter said:
If he learns the playbook, learns how to run routes, doesn't quit on plays, learns how to separate, he could improve on his 10 catches and what was it two TDs. Then again he could turn in similiar numbers as last year.

Since we're pulling numbers out of the air, I'll say 35 catches, 400 yds and 5 TDs. I'd consider that a good year for Quick and expect more the next year.

(tic) But at 6'3" and 220LBs, he's looks and swings through the trees like Tarzan, so he's gotta be good.
Quick should have the playbook down, every thing I've read is that he is a hard workout guy..

This he will have over Bailey & I think has more talent than Pettis,. So he should get the heavy load opposite Givens. Tavon should share some time at slot with Pettis, depends on how fast Tavon picks up playbook
train

jap

Legend
The last I read about Rams news about Brian, they seemed satisfied with his progress learning routes. In fact, I believe it was Ray Sherman who felt he had established a nice method for escalating Quick's growth as an NFL receiver.

Just as I expected Chris Givens to come on the earliest of the two rookie receivers last year, so I expect Stedman to come on the strongest as an NFL receiver of our two rookies WR's this year. Chris was lauded by some NFL personnel guys as the best route runner among the top collegiate receivers being drafted last year. Stedman received similar accolades this draft, including props from our very own Torry Holt. Top route runners run paths with precision and great economy of motion and generate separation, leading to easier completions.

Tavon will shine just by being Tavon. HE simply needs to get the ball in space to do his thing, and it will be Schotty's & John Fassel's task to come up with creative ways to do so.

Some of the WR production will be a synergy experience. Austin Pettis does not have great speed or foot quickness. However, he is blest with very soft hands and great hand quickness, which manifests itself with lightening fast hand reflexes. Near the end of last season, he made an unreal snare of a pass which caromed of the hands of another player for a TD. Of course, everyone saw the great snare he executed of a pass thrown behind him by a harried Sam late last season. The more effective receivers around him are, the better it will be for Austin. His pedestrian speed and foot quickness does not allow him to do very much when he is being blanketed. However, with effective fellow targets around him forcing the defense to space out more, his own special gifts become more prominent.

Afro Ram

Pro Bowler
I think the most important thing is he either starts or gets enough snaps where he basically is a starter. This kid is still very raw and the only way he's going to learn the pro game is by playing. I think on raw talent alone Quick could have 700yard season with about 5-6tds. I think he'll have his break out season next year and go for over a 1000yards and become the Rams number one reciever.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Angry Ram said:
45 catches, 550 yards, 4 TDs.

He'll be improved (hopefully), but maybe not so much in the 700+ range.
These numbers are similar to what I was going to post. I think Quick was so raw coming out of college and had such little adequate WR coaching/experience running routes in college that I consider the past season like a red-shirt year, and he is now going to be essentially a rookie. I expect him to put up good rookie like numbers (45-55 catches, 550-650 yards, 4-5 TDs).

Like Vincent Jackson before him, who came into the league with similar raw talent but with little experience/coaching, I think it won't be until his third year that he will truly break out. Coincidentally I also believe 2014 will be the Rams big break-out year, similar to 1999 where they go from league/national attention afterthought to domination and championships