How many elite players are on Rams compared to...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ram007

Starter
hawks: Sherman, Wilson, Earl Thomas, Kam Chancellor,
9ers: Vernon Davis, Frank Gore, Navaroo Bowman, Aldon Smith
Arizona: Larry Fitzgerald (still commands double and triple teams), M. Floyd, Patrick Peterson, Calais Campbell
Rams: Robert Quinn and ?

May be this Rams team needs a few elite players to emerge to be in contention? Any hope on the horizon?

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Well, if you included guys who are injured, I'd argue both Longs belong on a list of "elite" players. Barksdale may be the best RT in the game right now, which is pretty damned elite.

That's what I got.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Floyd is not an elite WR. Gore is no longer an elite RB. Fitzgerald is debatable. You forgot Patrick Willis for the 49ers, Joe Staley for the 49ers. Probably some others for the others like Daryl Washington (when not suspended of course).

What I consider elite is about top 5-10 at their respective position. Some have different definitions, but this is mine.

For our team, excluding special teams, Robert Quinn, Chris Long (at LDE), Joe Barksdale (at RT), Rodger Saffold (maybe), Jake Long (maybe) can make a case for top 5 at their positions. Quinn, C. Long, and Barksdale are all locks at their respective positions in my opinion. Saffold is possibly on the outside at OG, he's definitely top 20 though. And Jake Long could be considered top 5-10 when he's fully healthy. I think we stack up well, we just have our better players on the offensive and defensive line.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
I disagree with what you consider an elite player. For example, every 49er you list is overrated, not elite, except Bowman (and he's injured). But yes, the Rams have needed elite talent for years. Every Rams draft discussion centers around obtaining Pro Bowl/Hall of Fame talent, not just drafting for need. Rams still have a very young team, hopefully some guys reach that elite level.

Boston Ram

Hall of Fame
If your going to include the Floyd, Wilson, Gore and Campbell, then you need to include the Longs IMO. Also I think Donald could be in that discussion by end of year. Also if Quick continues to play the way he is he might get on that list. Yes, their is hope on the horizon and I honestly think we are as talented as any team in our division.

That being said, I do have more concerns with the coaching recently than the talent. Hopefully we see the same turn around after the bye we seen last year.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Arizona: Larry Fitzgerald (still commands double and triple teams), M. Floyd, Patrick Peterson, Calais Campbell

May be this Rams team needs a few elite players to emerge to be in contention? Any hope on the horizon?
I think when you do this you have to consider age and ask how many of our guys have elite potential and how many of those guys are headed over the hill.
BTW no Harvin nor Lynch?

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Game Changers
Quinn
Long
Long
Jenkins
TJ McDonald is about there
Saffold is an elite guard when healthy
Barkesdale is a very good RT
Brian Quick will be on this list if he keeps it up.
Ogletree should be on the list dont know what his deal is
Donald is just about there.

Irish

Starter
Quinn is elite
J Long was elite
Hekker is elite
Quick is ascending

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I'm a little stricter on whats elite.
Rams Quinn.
Others have a chance.
Good to great players win ballgames.....Elite players makes a team great.

69superbowl

Rookie
I would add Marshawn Lynch to the Seahawks, though it kills me to do so. He does everything you want.

I'd say only Quinn and Beaver Boy Hekker are elite for Los Ramos. And maybe E. Stash's wallet.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

I've bookmarked this^ and I'll get back to you on it after week 10!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We have vastly different definition of elite.

Philly5

Rookie
My definition of 'elite' is much stricter than the OP. If you want to include Wilson, Floyd, Gore (now), Davis (now), the the Rams have players at or near that level.

After Quinn, I don't think we have anyone near 'elite' right now.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

I've marked in red who I don't agree with as being elite. Vernon Davis is debateable, as well as Bowman (Willis is the best LB on the 9ners.) Fitz is starting to decline, as well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo

I think you're a spy. I'm not sure who you're working for yet....but I've got my eyes on you :)
th