How many #19-worthy prospects do you see in the draft pool?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
How many players do you currently believe are worth the No. 19 pick?

Here’s my breakdown:

QBs (3): Caleb Williams, Jayden Daniels, Drake May
RBs (0): My highest ranked guy is Trey Benson, but I don’t think he’s worth a Top 20 selection.
WRs (4): Marvin Harrison, Jr., Rome Odunze, Malik Nabers, Brian Thomas
TEs (1): Brock Bowers
OTs (5): Joe Alt, JC Latham, Olumuyiwa Fashanu, Troy Fautanu, Amarius Mims
IOL (2): Jackson Powers-Johnson, Graham Barton
DL (1): Byron Murphy
EDGE (3): Dallas Turner, Jared Verse, Laitu Latu
ILB (0): My highest ranked guy is Junior Colson, but he’s a Day 2 prospect
CB (4): Quinyon Mitchell, Terrion Arnold, Cooper DeJean, Nate Wiggins
SAF (0): I don’t see any safeties who are clear-cut Top 40 players.
Total: 23

So, the Rams, by my estimation, will have a choice among multiple players worth the No. 19 pick, but they also will potentially have some trade down options that would still yield one of the guys on my list.

Thoughts?

Memphis Ram

Legend
I don't see a 173 lbs. CB in Nate Wiggins as worthy of the selection no matter how fast he ran.
He'd be just another speed bump vs. the 49ers.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I had to guess, it’s going to be Bo Nix if he’s available at 19. There’s an Auburn connection working there.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I'd love Powers-Johnson or Fautanu but I don't think JPJ makes it to #19. If 1 of those guys are there at #19, they better grab him. And you know there's always a couple of teams who take somebody not projected in the top 20 (hello Jets, Raiders and anybody desperate for a QB who missed on the top 3, etc) pushing real top 20 guys down.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I've come around on JJ McCarthy a bit. And I certainly believe he'll be drafted top 19 (most likely top 10).

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see a 173 lbs. CB in Nate Wiggins as worthy of the selection no matter how fast he ran.
He'd be just another speed bump vs. the 49ers.
I think it depends on what you're asking of him. Put him in zone and QBs will avoid him.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You got them all imo except Johnny Newton who I think goes round one.

Memphis Ram

Legend
I think it depends on what you're asking of him. Put him in zone and QBs will avoid him.
What about run defense?

Besides, bigger WRs can bully him or run right through him like they did Emmanuel Forbes last year.

And I've seen enough of Deebo running through the teams back 7 after a short pass.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If I had to guess, it’s going to be Bo Nix if he’s available at 19. There’s an Auburn connection working there.
Yeah, we have had tons of luck with Auburn guys the last dozen or so years...

20hrswk

UDFA
You got them all imo except Johnny Newton who I think goes round one.

What about run defense?

Besides, bigger WRs can bully him or run right through him like they did Emmanuel Forbes last year.

And I've seen enough of Deebo running through the teams back 7 after a short pass.
I believe 5 and maybe 6 (if someone drafts Nix) QBs will be taken before 19 plus a couple of "surprise" picks like every year.
This will force 8/9 players down that the Rams would like meaning they can trade down, accumulate extra picks and still draft a player of need and want. They may even be able to trade down twice.

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, we have had tons of luck with Auburn guys the last dozen or so years...
Yeah I was thinking that when I wrote it. At first I wasn’t big on him. But over the course of two seasons he really impressed me. I think Oregon coached Nix up well. He seemed to progress quite a bit after transferring to Oregon. He has good precision and velocity, but also good touch on his throws. He is an excellent runner/scrambler when necessary, as well. But above all, he plays intelligent football in my opinion. The Auburn connection is only notable because, well, Snead.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What about run defense?

If he's an elite shut down corner I think you can live with his run defense. I also think his frame is big enough to add weight. He's currently only 7 pounds lighter than terrion Arnold and Kool aid

WestCoastRam

Legend
If he's an elite shut down corner I think you can live with his run defense. I also think his frame is big enough to add weight. He's currently only 7 pounds lighter than terrion Arnold and Kool aid
I thought one of the big knocks on him is his frame can't hold more weight.

And Arnold is 16lbs more than him.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I thought one of the big knocks on him is his frame can't hold more weight.

And Arnold is 16lbs more than him.
I was listening to a guy who said that his light frame looks line it could add 10 pounds. Arnold was much heavier than I thought. Kool aid is apparently much heavier too

WestCoastRam

Legend
I was listening to a guy who said that his light frame looks line it could add 10 pounds. Arnold was much heavier than I thought. Kool aid is apparently much heavier too
I think I prefer DeJean. But I think there will be better prospects available for us there than either.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I believe 5 and maybe 6 (if someone drafts Nix) QBs will be taken before 19 plus a couple of "surprise" picks like every year.
This will force 8/9 players down that the Rams would like meaning they can trade down, accumulate extra picks and still draft a player of need and want. They may even be able to trade down twice.
I really hope so. But if Verse, Latu, Fautanu, and a few others get to 19 I might not even risk it.