How long does the Rams Super Bowl contender window stay open?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

“Turbo set!”

Pro Bowler
No less than another two seasons. Could be for as long as Stafford is at the top of his game which could be another 7 seasons. He might be that good in this offense.

Donald is 30. The best DTs usually begin to decline about age 31 but Donald is such a freak I am going to add two more seasons of All-Pro play. Ramsey off course will still be at the top of his game. That gives the Rams at least 3 seasons including this one of being legit Super Bowl contenders.

Best case is another 7 seasons of Stafford's career. Snead is such a good GM he should be able to find enough talent to support Stafford for those 7 seasons.

Ramrocket

Hating 49ers and Seahawks from afar
Name
Rod
I’ll simplify it and just say, as long as McVay and Snead remain at the Rams, we will always be in the conversation.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
1632892066898.gif

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD is the actual window. After that, who knows? Rams could still be good but it's not possible to predict that yet.
Strongly disagree. It’s McVay and Snead.

As great as AD has been we didn’t win until McVay got here it’s his innovation and ability to find talent at his assistant positions while coaching up late round talent.

According to the NFL Les Snead has been all in since 2017. Somehow he hasn’t won or lost yet he maintains. Dude is playing 4d Chess while the rest of the NFL is playing pick up sticks. Who else could not have a first round pick for 8 years with no let down? Who else could overcome the inflated contracts of Gurley, Cooks, Goff with no let down? Most teams go into rebuilding years after shit like that, Snead just fixed it with his 47 6th rd draft picks and trading 1sts like candy. The reason he is able to do that is because he consistently finds late round gems and has a coaching staff that gets the most out of them.

I honestly think what Snead is doing with the devaluation of 1st round picks is similar to what Billy Bean did down in Oakland. He’s ahead of the league.

AD is the best defensive player that’s ever lived. But as long as we have McVay/Snead we will be a playoff contender every year and super bowl contender most.

tempests

Hall of Fame
Yeah I think the Rams success coincides with the AD99 era, and it's just going to be a totally different world when he's not lining up for the Rams anymore. 3 DPOYS for their four winning seasons, and even in 2018 when they scored 527 points, their defensive tackle was the most impactful player on the team.

We've got but one guy in our defensive front seven whom we can count on to make game changing plays at crucial times, and he has answered the call time and time again. No one single player has meant as much to the franchise as he has, he's the face of the Rams. Rams have a game day advantage over every other team at the LOS with Donald.

The day will come when either Aaron is not here anymore, or he's starting to slow because of age, and the Rams will have to find a new identity.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Hard to say, the assumption was the Chiefs window would be open for a while, now that division is looking tough.
The reason the Pats were able to go on so long was the ineptitude of the rest of the division.
The west is a good division but will they stay that way? The Hags may end up in last and I still don’t trust Arizona and who knows if Trey Lance can play? The Rams could end up being the most stable team in the division.

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
They will have to address the LT position if they want to stay contenders. Whitworth can't play forever.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They will have to address the LT position if they want to stay contenders. Whitworth can't play forever.
I'd like to announce that I will retire after my 3rd Super Bowl ring.... ~ Whit

Tano

Legend
Hard to say, the assumption was the Chiefs window would be open for a while, now that division is looking tough.
The reason the Pats were able to go on so long was the ineptitude of the rest of the division.
The west is a good division but will they stay that way? The Hags may end up in last and I still don’t trust Arizona and who knows if Trey Lance can play? The Rams could end up being the most stable team in the division.
I so hated that the AFC east was so poor except for NE.