How has the NFC West made out so far?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cardinals
19645627-CB40-44AC-A457-2A1E794D084C.jpeg

49’ers
24FEE2F5-1C61-4B31-B631-C33124B238EA.jpeg

Seahawks
C07166E3-D667-4904-B0FD-EB93DD8FA5DD.jpeg

Rams
DDA45C09-60D0-4169-B7DB-D643FFA45BBB.jpeg

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Cards start season with a rookie QB, rookie HC, a lock for last place in NFCW.

Niner's get help on D with Bosa, but let one of their best on D get away in Ford. Draft 2 WR that will polly not help much this season. Looking at an 8-8 season at best.

SeaHags ignored their OL, drafted mainly to up grade the depth of their bench, Wilson will be depended upon to single handedly win games for them again.

Rams solidified their backfield, got a RB who can return punts and kickoffs, opening a roster spot taken up by Smurf Natson (who doesn't do anything else, and is a turnover waiting to happen). More depth at OL with Evans.

Rams will surely upgrade their roster with a Vet or two right before TC and then after roster cutdown to 53.

Rams repeat as NFCW Champions.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cards are rolling a HUGE set of dice that their OLine comes back healthy in 2019 and improved and their 190 lbs QB is on the line overall not too impressed by their draft.

Whiners finally have a good WR potentially. From what I'm hearing they want Hurd to beef up a bit and use him in the TE role. Bosa is good if he's healthy which he and his brother have major issues with.

Seahawks I just don't like the players they selected.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
AZ and Seattle continue to ignore their weak o lines.
AZ has a star RB in D. Johnson and he is being wasted.

It's a good thing for both these teams that their QBs can run, because that's what they're both going to be doing all year.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All have drafted well IMO. Cards and Seahawks need to upgrade their OL, but they have a ton of holes. Hard to fill them all. Grabbing Isabella was genius - he and Kirk (for a second year) can learn from Fitz.

For the Niners, I thought they would draft a CB or S - but there is still time. Upgrading their pass rush this offseason and massively upgrading their offense (injured players coming back, Coleman, Samuel and Hurd) should have them competing for a wildcard spot (unless the injury bug hits them again).

Seahawks are interesting - just when you think wow they finally got Wilson a viable receiving threat, we hear that Baldwin may retire. They lost some OL in FA, so it's conceivable that the Seahawks are worse at:

Secondary, pass rush, OL, WR - I think they drafted pretty decently, but that team quietly imploded this offseason.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
All have drafted well IMO. Cards and Seahawks need to upgrade their OL, but they have a ton of holes. Hard to fill them all. Grabbing Isabella was genius - he and Kirk (for a second year) can learn from Fitz.

For the Niners, I thought they would draft a CB or S - but there is still time. Upgrading their pass rush this offseason and massively upgrading their offense (injured players coming back, Coleman, Samuel and Hurd) should have them competing for a wildcard spot (unless the injury bug hits them again).

Seahawks are interesting - just when you think wow they finally got Wilson a viable receiving threat, we hear that Baldwin may retire. They lost some OL in FA, so it's conceivable that the Seahawks are worse at:

Secondary, pass rush, OL, WR - I think they drafted pretty decently, but that team quietly imploded this offseason.
Seattle might take a step back if Baldwin can't play. Losing Frank Clark was huuuuge. Their DE in teh 1st round---who knows. Metcalfe has huge possibilities, but we all know he can't run patterns....but Wilson does throw it downfield a lot--so, Metcalfe found the only team that will make him a starter some day. Seattle seems to take 3rd rounders in the 1st round A LOT.....but Carroll keeps their D playing well, I think they were top 6 last year....though they couldn't t contain the Rams.

49ers--they seemed to take some risk with some WRs, I wonder how that pans out. Bosa probably a stud.
Cards--Their O line got ok at the end of the season, but I wonder if it is good enough. I will have all eyes on Murray. I expect a R Wilson type of career, albeit with some nice pocket passing. he has the right coach for himsef.

Rams-Had a 49ers or Patriots or Dallas-like (1992-1995) draft. No starters now, but one day all 4 of them might be very good players. I like the Evans pick a lot. The CB might not be a pro bowler, but he is a fit. Henderson may win us a few games with some screens and long runs.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Cards are rolling a HUGE set of dice that their OLine comes back healthy in 2019 and improved and their 190 lbs QB is on the line

I have a similar concern for us. We seem to be banking on Boom and Allen panning out pretty big and everybody staying healthy.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The Hags reached on damn near every player except Metcalf - and Metcalf has a whole host of issues.

Arizona has needs everywhere, but I'm surprised that they didn't go O-line with, say, Ford or Risner. I think that's a mistake.

The Whiners picks of Bosa and Samuel were okay. Not sure why they picked Hurd. I don't think they needed two wideouts.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I have a similar concern for us. We seem to be banking on Boom and Allen panning out pretty big and everybody staying healthy.
Please don't take this as an attack because it's absolutely not meant that way. I see this comment a lot and it doesn't make sense to me but it's usually by people that don't like Allen not sure if you think that way. But the people that chose Allen and Noteboom to eventually step in and start aren't comfortable with the OLine and wish those same people would chose others. We drafted these guys last year, and even Demby, with an eye to them starting in 2019. This year we took Evans to develop as depth for both Guard and Tackle spots. He could even compete at RG. I have a feeling we'll take another guy to compete at G/C and backup this year with an eye at possibly competing with Evans in 2020. I get the wanting more depth but the Rams have been very proactive when it comes to the OLine. And they have the utmost confidence in Kromer and don't feel they need to devote 1st round picks to the OLine, they're a bonus but not a necessity.

DrRage46

Rookie
Name
DrRage46
After digesting our day 2 draft I like who we picked up.Seems like we picked up some guys that play hard and have a attitude for toughness.Watching there videos gets me pretty excited that we may have landed some diamonds in the ruff.On to day 3 let's go rams.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Heard this on the radio, rank the nfcw qbs. This is what they came up with big surprise.
1. Russ- no surprise, I agree
2. Jimmy G- based on what, I don’t know, maybe his hair.
3. Goff- they had to put him on here somewhere
4. Murray

The host started this off by saying 2 qbs in this division have already been to the SB and Russ has won one, the next thing he says is about how Jimmy G has Shanny and learned under Brady. I can see where this is going, I just wonder if Goff could possibly be ranked last after going to the SB, probably only a matter of time.
Can anyone explain the continued love affair with Garapalo? Thus far the 9ers have zero to show for their considerable investment, meanwhile the Rams and Goff have 2 division titles and a SB appearance.
I would imagine this is a big year for Jimmy g to show something but you really don’t hear anyone say that.

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
Not impressed by the Whiners, Hags, or Zoners picks at all for significant and immediate contributions. By the time they're able to make an impact a few years down the road, the Rams will have already instilled their dominance and confidence-shaking will over them. Muahahahahaaa......

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I may be wrong but I just think Kyler Murray is just too short for the long haul. I know he is only a 1/2 inch shorter than Russell Wilson but he's not Russell Wilson. We'll see but the NFC West goes through LA!!!!!

Zodi

Hall of Fame
I didnt want us to get Metcalf because I think he'll be nothing other than another workout warrior, but I didnt exactly want Seattle to get him, either.

Arizona seems to have forgotten that their offensive line needs help.

The Whiners have a really, really strong defensive line. Our boys up front are going to have to bring some extra against Bosa, Ford and Buckner.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Please don't take this as an attack because it's absolutely not meant that way. I see this comment a lot and it doesn't make sense to me but it's usually by people that don't like Allen not sure if you think that way.

Oh no it’s good; your response helped me feel better about things. I don’t think we’ve had the picks to be as proactive as we’d have liked, but I get that there are definitely reasons to be optimistic about our OL situation as well.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Not sure why. Rams have proven to be able to identify, acquire and develop OL. Arizona has proven they can't.