How good can this offense be?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Nice post Merlin.

I think our O is still a bit of a sleeping giant. One with 11 moving parts learning to properly function together on every single snap.

Let's face it. There's a helluva lot of "new" trying to come together on this O all learning together and at the same time. Not unlike a child learning to walk.

We see occasional glimpses of what it might become with Gurley and Austin. And the all too rare plays by Foles, Britt, Cook, and Bailey. Quick has been a virtual zero so far.

But if they should start to click... It could get damned interesting just in time for the playoffs.

Having said all that, I will fall out of my recliner if a WR and TE are not among our choices by the end of day two in the next draft.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think it could be in the 10-15th range if we executed better. But I personally don't think Foles is the guy although as long as he's in a Ram uniform I will support him.
We have some talent but I think everyone, including the OL and Cignetti are still finding ways to gel and what works.
I still don't think we're taking advantage of using Gurley and Austin in terms of screens and play action enough. I think we're over running when we could get gains in the air. Short stuff here and there, etc.

As many have said, I still think we need a true #1 receiver that defenses have to key on. Austin is dynamic but he's not that 6'1"-6-3" guy that is a match up nightmare on the outside. I think Quick can still be that guy to a degree but for whatever reason he's not getting many calls his way yet.
I like Britt and Bailey but I don't think either are #1 receivers. Good, yes, great, no.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I dont see anyone calling for Cignetti to do a better job.

We are averaging less points a game than last year with a better QB, running game and oline.

The run, run, deepball, punt game isn't working that well.
I love the shots down the field, but this offense has no rythm.
If not for big runs by Gurley and TA, our offense is anemic yesterday.

Cigs needs to get it going

A55VA6

Legend
I think the run game and screen game can be one of the best in the NFL. Tim Barnes absolutely fucked Jimmie Ward on that Tavon Austin TD. lol

But then we have the downfield passing game, which isn't good. WR's not getting separation + Foles holding onto the ball is an issue. Rams are 22/85 on 3rd down conversions. Not good...

Let's just hope Gurley and Austin keep doing their thing and someone else steps up.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I think twenty is as high as we're going to get. TG30 and Austin are fantastic components, and our offensive line is young and improving, but we have no other weapons, and our quarterback needs to seriously up his game against Minnesota.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Hmmm...I'd say 12th if we get some consistency from ONE GUY...and yall know who I'm talking about....

Cigs needs to get it going
He needs a little help from his QB....who needs a lot of help from his wrs....if he'd send a few targets toward my boy Quick, I'm sure we'd see some 3rd down magic.

Nowhere to go but up.
Always love a chance to get in some theme music..

GabesHorn

GRACE AND TRUTH
Cook is gonna have to be trusted at least one more time as he is who Nick first bonded with upon arrival in Louie and although it was just a practice thing that has NEVER transferred to the field till the catch and run yesterday where Cookie REMEMBERED he fumbles EASY and put both hands around the ball as EVERYONE was punching at a known to be free ball and I GOT WORRIED till He was saftley DOWN on the turf.

Yes we still NEED Cook who still refuses to block and won't use his GOD Given Body and Hops to be the threat we NEED right now on "O". If he played like He IS Paid we would have the start of a recieving corp as that would open up Britt on some more friendly routes than straight Go routes. Cook did High Point our Two point conversion so THERE IS THAT. WE HAVE TO WORK ON THESE TWO AND TRUST IT after all the Can Cook stuff. We have to make use of what we have and HOPE it FINALLY COMES THROUGH!!!:mrburnsevil: Lets work it as obviously lots of time has been spent between the two and the Chemistry must be focused on in light of NO OTHER OPTION in Coach Fishers eyes. Most here see a bunch of other easier run routes with our two Big WR's. You can't teach the Elite QB's how to Read defenses as much as its a gift some just get it like Warner did. I agree Foles is somewhat GUNSHY after some hits like what Blondie from GB put on him right in his sternum.

You might have seen last night what a well placed hit on an Elite QB's Sternum will do to the Rest of the Game. 77 yards total I think for AR last night. Warner (once again) took hits better than any QB I've ever seen in 50 + years and was able to still focus while in pain. 3RD down was Kurt Warners down ,no matter the distance we could pull it out. Nick threw an 8 yard route when we needed 14 yesterday and he still had time in the pocket SMH. WHY???

Will it be something a week of practice that brings back the Nick Foles that played the cards in Phoenix? I hope Nick treats the vikings as our First PLAYOFF Game next week. He's gonna get hit as they have some thumpers on that "D". Harkey,Kendricks and Cunningham are picking up stunts like a BLACK HOLE sometimes. TRUST IT Nick and throw some pretty balls next week. Use Kendricks once again and run our tripps package you seem to like. I want you down the seam on Cook and over the middle not TOO high. Hit the numbers if not a skosh lower. Not a Krapperdoodle dirt ball. You need to use your height to its most advantage that Bridgewater does not have.

Hope Brockers and Donald fall on the lil' guy early as he is sliding to avoid a sack . Long may even bring a lift in a possible return next week as we need everyone ON DECK and looking for Peterson's jump Cut he uses on every run. Don't get FOOLED guys. Peterson will be trying to outshine GURLEYII and it may cost him as he besides Lacy is the biggest back we will have seen. Lacy got 27 yards I think if that. I hope we punish Peterson with our awesomely hard hitting. Wrapping up is a weakness we had last season. Not so far this year but without AO and his 25 extra pounds over what Barron is bringing to take down the bigger Peterson. JL has that bad elbow and they will be keying on him.

ITS G O N N A BE A WAR :yess: Low scoring and FIX the FG blocking NOW as we may win by a nice GZ kick to win. I'll take it any way we can get it. They have great coaching and will know we allowed McCown and Cousins to complete almost everything they threw. Can Bridgewater take a HIT???:boxing: We will see. 3 of 21 on 3RD down MUST STOP NOW!!! NO MORE INJURIES!!!