How do you feel about Fletcher getting bumped by Tru?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
“Trumaine is the third corner in the nickel, and ‘Fletch’ is the third and fourth corner in three of the other packages,” Fisher replied.

Of course, if Johnson continues to give up big pass plays as was the case against the Jets, the coaching staff might reassess the situation.

Johnson gave up a go-ahead touchdown catch by Chaz Schillens when he guessed wrong in coverage, and appeared to be responsible for a 32-yard reception later in the first half to Jeremy Kerley which led to a field goal and a 13-7 halftime lead for New York.

It’s probably no coincidence that the secondary change was made following the New England contest in London, a game in which Fletcher was called for three costly pass interference penalties. A couple of them didn’t look all that flagrant.

But after that game Fisher didn’t exactly jump to Fletcher’s defense when asked what he saw reviewing game film.

“I saw pass interference,” Fisher said at the time. “He’s grabbing. When you grab and the ball’s in the air, it’s pass interference. When you grab and the ball’s not in the air, it’s defensive holding. So in each case there was hand contact. Sometimes those aren’t called, but I can see what they (the officials) saw and why they called ’em.”

All told, Fletcher has been flagged for five pass interference penalties this season (one of which was declined), which ties for the league lead with Ike Taylor and Keenan Lewis, both with the Pittsburgh Steelers.

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/football ... 2833c.html

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sounds like he's trying to get Tru experience, even if Fletcher can cover better at this time. PI's will kill you though, so I understand. Might as well, give the rookies time on the field though.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Don't like it. Well, I don't like how Fletcher onliy played 1 damn snap.

Nothing against Tru., he's a rookie 4th round pick so he needs the experience. I think there could be better balance.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
IMO this is a long term strategy from the FO and staff more than anything else.

Get the young guy, that has a tremendous upside, some PT to see what he can do. Evaluate his standing with the team. Figure out where he fits. See if we belongs at CB in the long term or if they may wanna try and convert him to safety in the offseason.

Mean while drive Fletcher FA price tag down in hopes you can sign him back for depth. Our CBs are pretty damn good, but our secondary is not held in high enough esteem that some team is going to through gobs of money at our #4 CB.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
HeiseNBerg said:
Selassie I said:
Magnum "P.I." needs to ride pine imho.

I like it.

Nice :lmao:
Whatta you been up to, Walter? Haven't seen you around in a while.

RamsNation

Rookie
The kid needs to play he is the future,better to learn and get burned right now rather than later when we actually in the playoff hunt down the road.