How did they take away a sack from AD??

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
Probably mentioned in the game thread but how can they take a sack away from AD?

Dobbs had no chance to throw on that play, as AD was in the backfield so quick....so he was going to try to run to evade AD.

Should be a sack!

FaulkSF

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
FaulkSF
Was that the play where Hoecht allegedly made contact with Dobbs’ helmet? I’m not sure what the umpire saw as he was facing Dobbs back. That was an awful call as I saw no helmet contact on the replay.

Ellard80

Legend
Probably mentioned in the game thread but how can they take a sack away from AD?

Dobbs had no chance to throw on that play, as AD was in the backfield so quick....so he was going to try to run to evade AD.

Should be a sack!
It was a read option run play - he got a TFL

Classic Rams

Hall of Fame
I don't think it was ever registered a sack. Damn Dobbs chucked it away while being spun around like some other QBs have in the past vs Donald. They would call in the grasp or grounding if anything but since he let it fly and they didn't clarify then AD doesn't get a true sack. I know... I'm pissed about it too. I would like the stat guys to credit him with one. I think it's a cheap way for QBs to get out of it. Dude got taken down and threw a prayer with no hope of completing just to avoid a sack.

Edit: okay TFL, I still think TFL on a QB should be a sack but these rules are always changing.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD had two sacks taken away yesterday because of penalties. That makes 3 so far this year.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
OMG... I didn't realize that they took away his 1 sack. That means he got screwed out of 3 yesterday!!!

Rams8821

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't think it was ever registered a sack. Damn Dobbs chucked it away while being spun around like some other QBs have in the past vs Donald. They would call in the grasp or grounding if anything but since he let it fly and they didn't clarify then AD doesn't get a true sack. I know... I'm pissed about it too. I would like the stat guys to credit him with one. I think it's a cheap way for QBs to get out of it. Dude got taken down and threw a prayer with no hope of completing just to avoid a sack.

Edit: okay TFL, I still think TFL on a QB should be a sack but these rules are always changing.
It was originally ruled a sack and then taken away. BS

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
It’s a credit to AD that he got to Dobbs so quickly that the stats people couldn’t clearly discern whether it was a run or a pass.