How about some love for....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's not all Sherman. I never said that. And btw... our WR's have been falling well shy of 700 yards even with Bradford.

And yeah, I'm sure Danny would've hit 1,000 yards. :LOL: Actually, he wasn't on pace. He averaged 60 yards per game that season. 60 x 16 = 968 (not only do you have to use hypothetical situations, you have to round up in those fantasy scenarios too). And Quick? The guy had 53 combined yards in his last three games... it's quite a leap to assume he would've kept pace.

Is that Sherman's fault? No. I'm not blaming him, but I'm certainly not giving him credit yet either, and that's my point. You missed it.

Actually, he was on pace. I said BEFORE HIS INJURY. He was on pace for 1264 yards.

Yes. Quick. You're trying to count a game where he was injured after 11 snaps. That's just dishonest.

It's not quite a leap to believe he would have kept up a good pace.

I didn't miss your point. I saw a bad argument and I attacked it. I hate that 700 yard argument. I will credit Sherman because I can visibly see our WRs improving.

Rams0307

This.

Plus, Sherman has always been known as a guy that connects well to his players and finds a way to mesh with their personalities as well as build confidence.

All the people saying Britt deserves credit are nuts. Britt looked like a bum last year. Couldn't catch a cold. His confidence was shot. The players have said that Britt's confidence has really carried over to our other WRs...imo, Sherman's ability as a coach has a lot to do with Britt getting his confidence back.

Players have said that Britt deserves a lot of credit for instilling confidence in the receiving corp, especially in Quick. So to say it's nuts is off base. Britt has been a huge confidence boost for our WR's and it's visible on game days.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Thinking there was no progress from our WR crew before this year is not looking at the big picture. Just like looking only at numbers ie 700 yards and leading receiver in that category. And, thinking that have Kellen Clemens, Austin Davis and now Shaun Hill at QB doesn't have some bearing please. Clemens through 20 times a game last year. Quick was showing progress last year, and while that was limited by Bradford going down he clearly was progressing.

However while Sherman has been a decent coach and has cred in the league and I would not say he has been a problem, I sure would like to have seen Henry Ellard kept in the family.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Players have said that Britt deserves a lot of credit for instilling confidence in the receiving corp, especially in Quick. So to say it's nuts is off base. Britt has been a huge confidence boost for our WR's and it's visible on game days.

Where was this confident Britt last year in Tennessee?

I saw a guy with no confidence that spent the majority of the year riding the bench.

It's a great excuse to avoid giving credit where it's due.

Rams0307

I saw a guy with no confidence that spent the majority of the year riding the bench.

It's a great excuse to avoid giving credit where it's due.

I doubt the players have come up with an excuse to avoid giving credit to the coaches...

This isn't an either/or circumstance. Both Britt and the coaching staff could be responsible for the development of the receivers. I'll take the players' word on this.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 with this head scratcher:

I haven't been following all of your conversation but I have a question about this part. I don't see much relevance in what he looked like before he came to the Rams. What happened to him in Tennessee might have been the wake up call he needed to get his head straight.

I'm not saying it is or isn't but if you judge him solely by what he's done with us, then he hasn't been the player you're describing.

Are you saying that he hasn't been a good receiver nor a very positive influence on Quick and the rest of the WR corps? I'd definitely have to disagree with you about that. You may be right but you're pretty much on an island by yourself with that opinion. Everything I've read disagrees with you too. Doesn't mean you're wrong but I'm going to go with the herd on this one. He's been great and I sure hope we're able to resign him. At a good price of course. :)

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
@jrry32 The coaching staff has openly credited Britt with leadership and influence on the other receivers on a few occasions this season. I'm not sure why you're trying so hard to discredit that. Maybe because you're posting as the defense attorney for coach Sherman instead of looking at the bigger picture? It is possible for both to be true.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 The coaching staff has openly credited Britt with leadership and influence on the other receivers on a few occasions this season. I'm not sure why you're trying so hard to discredit that. Maybe because you're posting as the defense attorney for coach Sherman instead of looking at the bigger picture? It is possible for both to be true.

Maybe you're not understanding my point. If you did, you wouldn't be arguing this. I do credit Britt with leadership and influence. I already said as much. The point I was making is that Britt looked like he had no confidence last year and seemed utterly defeated. This year, his confidence returned. I think people are too quick to give Britt all the credit and ignore that Sherman(and the rest of the staff) probably have a lot to do with Britt regaining his confidence.

Which is why I said:
The players have said that Britt's confidence has really carried over to our other WRs...imo, Sherman's ability as a coach has a lot to do with Britt getting his confidence back.

I just think it's nuts that some people are giving Britt all the credit. I've said I want Britt retained because I think he's a positive influence and a leader for our younger guys.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I doubt the players have come up with an excuse to avoid giving credit to the coaches...

This isn't an either/or circumstance. Both Britt and the coaching staff could be responsible for the development of the receivers. I'll take the players' word on this.

I've never said it was. It's nuts to give Britt all the credit.

lockdnram21

Legend
I've never said it was. It's nuts to give Britt all the credit.
Exactly . Quick was playing way better second half of season with limited targets. He was getting open . They also have been saying Quick is a hard worker on the field and class room. He even sdmited that his problem was not really know offense. Now he does and was able to play faster. Not saying Britt hasnt helped but i dont think as much as people give him credit.Bailey flashed end of last season and was set back by Davis and his suspension. imo Britts biggest contribution is his energy and emotion.