How about some love for....

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ray Sherman

Dude has gotten a bunch of criticism over the last few years despite being handed a real young group of Wr with really no experienced leadership on the team and revolving door of QB.
Now here we are after seeing Britt get his grove back, Quick show that potential and Bailey coming on strong.
Well done Mr Sherman.
Glad to have you on our side!

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Sherman has been doing a great job. Hopefully he can help Tavon reach the level we thought he could be. It takes time.

V3

Hall of Fame
Are we sure the big change in the WR's isn't because Britt got here and started giving them leadership and tutelage? Before he got here, I hardly saw any development from the WRs. I still don't see development from Tavon or Givens.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Are we sure the big change in the WR's isn't because Britt got here and started giving them leadership and tutelage? Before he got here, I hardly saw any development from the WRs. I still don't see development from Tavon or Givens.
Britt was an underachiever and a headcase in Tennesee, and he's turned it around in St Louis. And you want to credit him for turning it around on his own?
Again, Sherman has been working without a starting QB, no veteran WR to lead by example and was handed a project in Quick, a tweener in Tavon and a bunch of mid round picks. Oh, and Givens had a great rookie year, but Sherm doesnt get credit for that, only the failure....
Give the man his due.

MrMotes

Starter
We're 26th in passing yards, our leading receiver doesn't have 500 yards yet and there's a good chance a TE will be our leading receiver again this year, so i'm not ready to go there yet even though things are, at least, looking up a little bit for a change...

V3

Hall of Fame
Britt was an underachiever and a headcase in Tennesee, and he's turned it around in St Louis. And you want to credit him for turning it around on his own?
Again, Sherman has been working without a starting QB, no veteran WR to lead by example and was handed a project in Quick, a tweener in Tavon and a bunch of mid round picks. Oh, and Givens had a great rookie year, but Sherm doesnt get credit for that, only the failure....
Give the man his due.
Britt turned his life around. Sherman didn't make him do that. He was dedicated to doing that before he got here. Once he got here, all we heard about was how he was the leader of the WR's already and teaching them all kinds of things. So yeah, I'm going to give Britt some love.

Sleepy1711

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Damn for a moment there I thought u said Richard Sherman, but yeah, our WR core is coming along well and he's part of the reason. Doesn't hurt that the WR have talent also, plus we just needed patient.

jjab360

Legend
Sherman has been a very well regarded coach for many years and has coached many big name WRs that came from almost out of nowhere. That always was a pretty dumb scapegoat, imo.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Sherman has been a very well regarded coach for many years and has coached many big name WRs that came from almost out of nowhere. That always was a pretty dumb scapegoat, imo.

Sherman has also been fired twice as an offensive coordinator and was shown the Door by the Dallas Cowboys because his young receivers lacked discipline. The NFL is a production based business and until this season the Ram Wide Outs have shown no growth.

Britt has helped as does a solid veteran and Britt had to turn his career around so the stars were aligned. It was not wrong to want the receivers to improve and they have including Quick (who Sherman wanted very badly over other wide outs in the draft) so it was right to criticize his unit for lack of production and now it's right to give him credit for marked improvement. That's they way it goes!

FRO

Legend
The lack of QB hurts the receivers. I thought they have played well.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Our WR were a hot topic around here in years past.

I am not sure we've turned the corner, but we are better this year.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
It would be interesting to find out *exactly* what a wide receiver coach actually does.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

This.

Plus, Sherman has always been known as a guy that connects well to his players and finds a way to mesh with their personalities as well as build confidence.

All the people saying Britt deserves credit are nuts. Britt looked like a bum last year. Couldn't catch a cold. His confidence was shot. The players have said that Britt's confidence has really carried over to our other WRs...imo, Sherman's ability as a coach has a lot to do with Britt getting his confidence back.

iced

Quick has been way more impressive than Britt has to this point, and Britt hasn't done anything that makes me think we're set at the position. Then there's also Austin's Development as a Receiver but he's also young/still early. I would hope to have seen him get open more down the field. Also how much Givens has regressed.

Glad to see Bailey is progressing, but I need to see more.

I still think we need another play maker out wide, or a new WR Coach if a good one came available.

Outside of Quick,there hasn't been anyone that's been a consistent Go To guy.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Not sure I'm giving Sherman any credit. Tell me when a Rams WR gets over 700 yards for the first time in five seasons.

Quick looked good before the injury but was starting to level off... who knows if he would've kept the current pace. Britt has flashes but hasn't been a consistent contributor every week. Stedman has been contributing for just two games. Tavon is performing way below expectations.

Like someone else said, I think the slight improvement at WR is primarily due to Britt's leadership. We have a talented group of guys, but we've only seen flashes... nothing really tangible yet.

jjab360

Legend
I'm not sure what kind of a leader you guys think Britt is to where he has more influence on the other receivers than coach Sherman does. The guy is loud and hard to miss, but far from some kind of Ray Lewis...

Also, I couldn't care less if we have a WR get 700 yards or not, you'd have to be blind to not see the improvement that our receivers have made from when Sherman first got here up until now.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not sure I'm giving Sherman any credit. Tell me when a Rams WR gets over 700 yards for the first time in five seasons.

Right. Because Sherman is God and can control who gets hurt and doesn't. Lets ignore Bradford's injuries for a moment here. Danny Amendola was on pace to surpass 1000 yards in 2012 before his injury. Quick was on pace to produce close to 1000 yards this year before his injury. Both would have easily surpassed 700 yards if they were healthy.

Using that stat is such a weak argument.

StevenG-BR

Rookie
Right. Because Sherman is God and can control who gets hurt and doesn't. Lets ignore Bradford's injuries for a moment here. Danny Amendola was on pace to surpass 1000 yards in 2012 before his injury. Quick was on pace to produce close to 1000 yards this year before his injury. Both would have easily surpassed 700 yards if they were healthy.

Using that stat is such a weak argument.

It's not all Sherman. I never said that. And btw... our WR's have been falling well shy of 700 yards even with Bradford.

And yeah, I'm sure Danny would've hit 1,000 yards. :LOL: Actually, he wasn't on pace. He averaged 60 yards per game that season. 60 x 16 = 968 (not only do you have to use hypothetical situations, you have to round up in those fantasy scenarios too). And Quick? The guy had 53 combined yards in his last three games... it's quite a leap to assume he would've kept pace.

Is that Sherman's fault? No. I'm not blaming him, but I'm certainly not giving him credit yet either, and that's my point. You missed it.