How about a draft crush megathread/tracker?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe we can create a running diary where we post our favorite prospects and the draft gurus/people with experience watching them can add detail. Here's my current favorite.

I think we need some size and some dynamic ability at the receiver position, so why not get a guy who has both? Enter Tamorrion Terry. 6'4, 205 pounds and can get vertical. If he's our second or third round pick (depending on his draft process) I'll be thrilled. Scouting report and video below. Basically he's a Josh Gordon type but he may have some maturity issues. From TheDraftNetwork:

PROS: Impressive blend of size and big play ability. Gets loose in the secondary on nine routes, double moves and posts. Showcases tremendous buildup speed and late burst at the top of routes. Smooth accelerator with long strides. Averaged 58 yards per reception on his nine touchdowns in 2019 and it was a combination of deep catches and massive gains after the catch. The vertical push he generates in his route stems leads to cushion and the ability to snap off routes and work back to the football on comebacks in addition to creating the cushion needed to setup vertical breaks. Tall and long with a massive wingspan. Has shown he can make catches through contact in contested situations, including high-pointing the football. Has found good production after the catch due to his vision, nifty footwork, elusiveness and acceleration.

CONS: Has his share of drops; some are concentration drops but others are improper technique greeting the football and being late to find/adjust to the football. Has some lapses in tracking and he isn’t immune to misplaying the ball in the air. Can be too patient at the catch point and there are times he needs to be more assertive to “go get it”. Route breaks can be too rounded. Has room to fill out his frame and add functional strength.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ixu28VuwnCo&t=216s

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look out CGI, let me Quarterback this thing...

Yo Ram Rally... see this thread...

Lemme tell you. As a guy who has been here since 2014, I am SHOCKED and APPALLED that I haven't paid attention to that section LMAO. Can it be moved?

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
My true prospect crushes (both of whom are deep sleepers)? Jaelon Darden (WR, North Texas) and Mike Strachan (pronounced "Strawn", WR, Charleston). And Jah-Maine Martin (RB, North Carolina A&T) is quickly becoming another one to add to the list.

Why are they prospect crushes of mine? All three of them have breakaway speed, but are entirely different players. Darden is 5'9", 170 lbs.; Strachan's 6'5", 225 lbs.; Martin's 5'10", 214 lbs.

Darden won the MVP for his conference and was an amazing receiver and returner. He not only has breakaway speed, but the ability to start, stop, and start again, has an insane catch radius for his size, and runs silky-smooth routes. Obviously, the size is concerning, but in my opinion, he could be the next Tyreek Hill - without the baggage that Hill had.

Strachan is a former track star, but has the ability and want-to to go up and get the ball, has amazing speed for a man his size, and has iron vices for hands. He's very raw, as he was born in the Bahamas and wasn't introduced to football until high school, but he could make an excellent developmental receiver who stars on special teams.

Martin is a powerful back who has great vision, is a decent blocker, almost never fumbles, and - of course - has absolute breakaway speed. He was suspended from Coastal Carolina, and he's not a good receiver at all, but he could be your Malcolm Brown replacement.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
(1) Ben Mason, as seen in River's mock.

(2) Can anyone tell me about Houston Heimuli out of Stanford? I've seen him listed at 5'11", 270.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My true prospect crushes (both of whom are deep sleepers)? Jaelon Darden (WR, North Texas) and Mike Strachan (pronounced "Strawn", WR, Charleston). And Jah-Maine Martin (RB, North Carolina A&T) is quickly becoming another one to add to the list.

Why are they prospect crushes of mine? All three of them have breakaway speed, but are entirely different players. Darden is 5'9", 170 lbs.; Strachan's 6'5", 225 lbs.; Martin's 5'10", 214 lbs.

Darden won the MVP for his conference and was an amazing receiver and returner. He not only has breakaway speed, but the ability to start, stop, and start again, has an insane catch radius for his size, and runs silky-smooth routes. Obviously, the size is concerning, but in my opinion, he could be the next Tyreek Hill - without the baggage that Hill had.

Strachan is a former track star, but has the ability and want-to to go up and get the ball, has amazing speed for a man his size, and has iron vices for hands. He's very raw, as he was born in the Bahamas and wasn't introduced to football until high school, but he could make an excellent developmental receiver who stars on special teams.

Martin is a powerful back who has great vision, is a decent blocker, almost never fumbles, and - of course - has absolute breakaway speed. He was suspended from Coastal Carolina, and he's not a good receiver at all, but he could be your Malcolm Brown replacement.
3 new guys for me to check out. We need breakaway speed so badly. And I'm always going to be a fan of a Height/Weight/Speed play maker. So Strachan is gonna be someone to look at

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
(1) Ben Mason, as seen in River's mock.

(2) Can anyone tell me about Houston Heimuli out of Stanford? I've seen him listed at 5'11", 270.
A good old fashioned full back. I like you already

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
3 new guys for me to check out. We need breakaway speed so badly. And I'm always going to be a fan of a Height/Weight/Speed play maker. So Strachan is gonna be someone to look at

Highlight films? Sure. But you can see why I like all three so much in them.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Highlight films? Sure. But you can see why I like all three so much in them.

Watching a little bit, I really like darden and Martin. Martin looks like brown with more home run ability.

I wonder if darden returns punts? Hmmm

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only leaving this here because the draft can be weird but devanta Smith opted to skip being weighed during senior bowl week. There's concern that he's not even the 175 that he's listed at

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
i want a true fb so my draft crush is tommy tremble plus he so cute need to get his phone number for a friend.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
i want a true fb so my draft crush is tommy tremble plus he so cute need to get his phone number for a friend.
Do you think he like.....A LIKES you likes you?