Hot Sauce

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Hot Sauce do You Prefer

• Franks Red Hot

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Tabasco

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Sriracha

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Other

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Just looking for gems here. I do not have a desire to set my mouth on fire. But, I do enjoy a little heat. My preference has always been Franks Red Hot. I know it's not actually spicy, but I love the taste. What say you?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just for regular usage I’ll go with Tobasco. There are a few others acceptable such as this one. It’s name is appropriate.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just for regular usage I’ll go with Tobasco. There are a few others acceptable such as this one. It’s name is appropriate.

I'm not trying to get the ring of fire. Lol no thanks lol

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not trying to get the ring of fire. Lol no thanks lol
Wasaaayyyy back when I was A part time bartender in a sports bar and we had a guy who’d bring in his own bottle for us to add to his wings. That use added some great heat or flavor, until one guy got some on his hand then in his eye trying to be funny and put a little on my drinks straw. Yeah he was hurting bad.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I guess it depends on what I'm eating. Any sort of mexican dish I'll use tabasco. Either the jalapeno or chipotle style. On anything else I'll probably go with sriracha or sambal, or any kind of asian chili oil. My wife loves hot sauce so we usually have a good variety, a good one is trader joes has a yuzu hot sauce. Delicious and spicy. If you're looking for good sauces to try watch the youtube series Hot Ones.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Anyone make their own?

I love hot sauce, of all types. I have a favorite... but they went out of business and I am trying to find out who bought them. Similar to Franks, but thicker and darker.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Anyone make their own?

I love hot sauce, of all types. I have a favorite... but they went out of business and I am trying to find out who bought them. Similar to Franks, but thicker and darker.
I make my own. I made a delicious Mango Habanero a couple months ago. It is surprisingly easy to make. I use a Vitamix.

I have to admit, I am a hot sauce junkie. I have probably 20 bottles of different hot sauce in my house currently. Everything from Franks, Tabasco and Crystal, to the 2,000,000+ Scoville rated The Last Dab XXX from Hot Ones. I love it all....although that XXX is a literal ass kicker....

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I use all of those... which one depends on the food.

Just as a go-to sauce to add a little extra and spice... Tabasco is good. I use the habanero Tabasco.... my sons all love the green Tabasco.

There are a bunch of sauces that I like more than Tabasco. It may be a flavor thing or sometimes a spice thing. Certain peppers go better with different foods, so that can be a factor for me. Some of my favorites aren't as easy to get though because they come from small vendors.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
There are times I just get a craving for hot sauce...

When that happens... I pour into a spoon and eat it like soup. :horns:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I make my own. I made a delicious Mango Habanero a couple months ago. It is surprisingly easy to make. I use a Vitamix.

I have to admit, I am a hot sauce junkie. I have probably 20 bottles of different hot sauce in my house currently. Everything from Franks, Tabasco and Crystal, to the 2,000,000+ Scoville rated The Last Dab XXX from Hot Ones. I love it all....although that XXX is a literal ass kicker....
I notice that you didn't mention Da Bomb....

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Anyone make their own?
I make several different types from reduced tinctures to basic hot sauces. Most hot sauces are fairly simple. Adding things like carrot juice can maintain color while calming the heat. Lecithin will help stop separation.

For me though, Tapatio is a really good hot sauce and is so cheap I can't even make it for what they charge. When you can buy a 10oz bottle for $1.86, it kinda takes the desire away to make something similar.

IMO, original Tabasco sucks. Just not into hot vinegar. Not a big Frank's fan for the same reason.

I love all kinds of hot sauces and am always buying new ones.

The type I use really depends on what I'm eating. I tend to have some kind of hot sauce, salsa, or seasoning at every meal.
@RamFan503 didn't you used to make your own?

Yep. Still haven't found anything hotter that my Stuicidal Tendencies Level 4. It's flat out no fun to eat.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Anyone make their own?

I do.
I make an Arbol sauce for Mexican food. I also also use different chiles at times.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I use different hot sauces for different dishes.

I like Cholula on my chorizo and breakfast dishes.

I like pico pico and Salsa Brava on my ground beef tacos. (Not really spicy, but more of taco sauce)

Frank's red hot for hot wings. I've tried so many other flavors, but this is what I prefer on my wings.

Louisiana Hot sauce on my potatoes and Keilbasa.

Homemade chile sauces for most Mexican food.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Cholula for me is the best hot sauce "condiment" out there. I keep the hot sauce and chipotle version on hand at all times.
I agree with @RamFan503 that Tabasco is trash, I can live with Franks, or Crystal however.
For me though, when I want heat, I like fresh jalapeno. I put jalapeno in most things I eat. To keep things simple I generally small dice one up, guts seeds and all. Throw it in a small bowl with a little kosher salt, pepper, tsp butter and a drip of water. Nuke it for a minute covered in saran wrap. That way I can throw it in whatever I'm cooking to add heat without choking the family from fumes.