Home field advantage???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
Even though the Rams did not give us a lot of things to cheer about yesterday it did not even seem like the dome was rocking from the start. I've been to games (in St Louis and a lot of other venues) where you could not even talk to the person next to you. I was kind of disappointed in seeing how many Vikings fans there were. Or lack of Ram fans for a home opener. I was siting 3rd row end zone(section 154) and there must have been about 20 empty seats around me. Of course now with stub hub, nfl ticket exchange, vivid seats ect...it does make it easy for the visiting fans to get tickets. According to espn/nfl/attendance there were 55,919 (lowest of all games) Just a thought........................

A55VA6

Legend
There's really not much of a home field advantage in STL at all. It's an embarrassment.

209RamsFan

Yup.....just wait till 69ers and cowgirls come to town....It's how horrible the team is....or has been, opposing fans invade....I went to the dome around the last of the GSOT days and it was a Sunday night game vs Baltimore....there was only about 100 or less Baltimore fans, the other thing is that some cities will NOT let opposing fans take over no matter what.....anyways build it ( a championship team) and they shall come

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I was there and for the attendance the place was pretty loud. There were a number of Minnesota fans, but really, what venues don't have a decent number of opponents' fans in attendance? I saw quite a bit of rally towels waving as well. I dunno, I don't get disappointed easily so it could be just me.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yup.....just wait till 69ers and cowgirls come to town....It's how horrible the team is....or has been, opposing fans invade....I went to the dome around the last of the GSOT days and it was a Sunday night game vs Baltimore....there was only about 100 or less Baltimore fans, the other thing is that some cities will NOT let opposing fans take over no matter what.....anyways build it ( a championship team) and they shall come
Very true, I went to a couple of games during the GSOT era and the place was LOUD and was definitely an advantage. Just win, and the fans will come. People spend their hard earned money for these games and if the team lays an egg instead of losing a highly contested contest most will be reasonably upset.

RamGal

UDFA
The St. Louis crowd noise could be heard on the Fox broadcast. Dick Stockton commented on the crowd noise twice by my count and stated the noise level had a direct impact on the Vikings offense (1 illegal motion, 1 bad snap).

I've been to a number of games in the past where the opposing team's fans show up (Chiefs, 49ers, Steelers on MFaulk's number being retired). It can get pretty nasty and abusive when these people show up because they've been partying all day before the game.

The only way to counteract this is for the Rams fans to show up at the Dome. The only way the Rams fans will go to the Dome is when the team gives them a reason for being there.
In the GSOT days, you couldn't hear the person next to you. You literally had to scream to be heard. Those were the days...

209RamsFan

I mean just look at what happened in Big D yesterday.....my god I thought I the SF Bay Area had moved to the Dallas/Fort worth Area....there must have been 60,000 annoying, heathen, drunk, 69er fans there. Why??? People are tired of "Jerrah" and the cowgirls playing mediocre ball.....and it's not going to get better soon...I'm sure if you look at old games from the 90's when the cowpokes were winning, very few opposing fans could get tickets...

209RamsFan

I mean just look at what happened in Big D yesterday.....my god I thought I the SF Bay Area had moved to the Dallas/Fort worth Area....there must have been 60,000 annoying, heathen, drunk, 69er fans there. Why??? People are tired of "Jerrah" and the cowgirls playing mediocre ball.....and it's not going to get better soon...I'm sure if you look at old games from the 90's when the cowpokes were winning, very few opposing fans could get tickets...

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I thought the crowd was pretty active early. I recall at 2 false starts and one TO that it seemed the crowd caused.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I thought the crowd was pretty active early. I recall at 2 false starts and one TO that it seemed the crowd caused.
Yeah, the announcers said as much too. But once it got out of hand, as expected, it got pretty quiet.

ramfaninfla

nothin' left to do but SMILE, SMILE, SMILE!!!
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
well good to read that it did seem loud. Maybe because my section had empty seat around me and was easier to hold a conversation with nobody next to us yelling. :palm:

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
It's funny how many people that complain about crowd noise that don't buy tickets.

I was there. It was loud to start the game all the way through the mid to late 3rd quarter. After that, what was there to get loud about?

bluecoconuts

Legend
Eh, even if they're quiet at the start, I've never had an issue, sometimes crowds take a little bit to get into games. I've seen it in hockey especially, you can hear the passes and the players talking to each other (which is actually pretty cool), but as the game gets legs the crowd gets into it.

Of course if the home team is taking a dump it's a little harder.

ericf706

UDFA
I thought the crowd was pretty into the game, the pick and subsequent touchdown at the end of the half seemed to take the wind out of everyone's sails (The Rams team included). Before that there did seem to be some excitement and positive vibes (walking into the game, and in the concourse). I wont go as far as to say it was electric to start the game, but there was defiantly some energy there. It would have been nice to be able to build onto that.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
well good to read that it did seem loud. Maybe because my section had empty seat around me and was easier to hold a conversation with nobody next to us yelling. :palm:
I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but why weren't you yelling instead of holding a conversation? My point, obviously, is that maybe people weren't that excited about a poorly executed game plan.

Cullen Bryant

Rookie
Name
Will
One of the last games I attended when the Rams were still in Anahiem was against the Saints and I was surrounded by a sea of Saints fans. I don't think St. Louis is different from any other city, you can't be bad for a decade and expect great fan support. St. Louis fans were great during the gsot era. The bottom line is the Rams just need to start playing good football this won't be an issue.

209RamsFan

One of the last games I attended when the Rams were still in Anahiem was against the Saints and I was surrounded by a sea of Saints fans. I don't think St. Louis is different from any other city, you can't be bad for a decade and expect great fan support. St. Louis fans were great during the gsot era. The bottom line is the Rams just need to start playing good football this won't be an issue.
Yup totally agree...my whole point....even happened to "Americas team" invaded by 69er fans